Minimum Specs Question

8 replies to this topic

#1 mrecentric

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I see that for CPU an AMD X2 245E is listed. I have an X2 5600+, which benchmarks slightly lower. My question is how important is the CPU for MWO versus other items such as the video card or HDDs? Most games don't require lots of CPU power, this would be the first game I want to play where I don't seem to meet minimum specs...

Win7x64
GeForce GTX 480
6GB RAM
2 Sandforce based SSDs

#2 Fresh Meat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 779 posts
  • LocationMannequin Republic

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

They have stated that MWO is very fond of quad core CPUs, even low end ones. The rest of your system is nice, I bet you will be fine. If you do decide to upgrade though you would see a significant improvement.

#3 Bloody Jack

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I was surprised that my old system (Q9300 & GTX 285) was actually decent enough. Still thinking of upgrading anyway, though :)

#4 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

Woot!!!

My WoT machine is only about a year old with a 6-core, 8 GB of ram, and a 2GB video card. I should be golden. But love the fact that the MWO system specs are higher than WoT to take advantage of some of the hardware. . . *AND*. . . that the game supports multithreading.

#5 cinco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

if you're commenting on how good the min specs are why did you need to mention that you have a 6 core cpu? people can't even disguise their brags properly these days.

*facepalm*

#6 Death Mallet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Ummm. . . I wasn't commenting on how "good" the min specs were (not even sure what that means). . . I was commenting on how gleeful I was that my machine should easily run the game. . . and that the game supports multithreading. . . (unlike that *other* armored land warfare game).

. . . and I fail to see why commenting on your system specs constitutes a "brag."

Its not like there's any skill involved on my part in buying a computer. . . all that was required was a credit card and a little online shopping. . .

Anyone who cares to can buy a better system just by spending a little more money (which wasn't all that much to begin with).

Edited by Death Mallet, 17 June 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#7 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

Can you run it?
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

T
ype in or select Crysis 2 on the dropdown, since MWO is based off of CryEngine 3

it tells you what you check green in, and what you are lacking in, etc.

#8 Strisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 17 June 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Can you run it?
http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx

Type in or select Crysis 2 on the dropdown, since MWO is based off of CryEngine 3

it tells you what you check green in, and what you are lacking in, etc.

MechWarrior Online Minimum System Spec:

CPU:
Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
Athlon II X2 245e

From the canirunit tool....
CPU Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.0 GHz or better You Have: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz Posted Image PASS
Although my computer passed the test for Crysis 2 I do not meet the minimum specs for MWO posted by the devs. Also they have stated that they are in the process of optimizing for dual cores so perhaps this could change in the future? I'm not sure.

Either way I was due for an upgrade anyhow so I've gone ahead and ordered new stuff, will be here in plenty of time.

#9 buffmorris69mech

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

Can you post the motherboard that you have, give me the name of manufacture, what chipset it use and the model number if possible. It might be possible to just replace your dual core to a quad core with just the purchase of the processor and bios flash. I upgraded from a amd dual core 4800mhz to a Athlon 2 Quad core 645 propus 3.1ghz cpu. I just had to track down the motherboard and find out if it supports a quad core processor and then did a bios flash to a beta bios and it runs fine now. I did that because want to be able to play Tribes Ascend and it bonus because now my system meets the specs fro Mechwarrior online that they posted.

I was using a Old Gigabyte ma770-ud3 version 1.0 motherboard official it does not support my chip but unofficial it works, kind of why next motherboard probley will not be gigabyte.

Your Graphics card is what will push the game the most but a quad core processor would help too. I have don't the recommend processor for the recommend system but you would only have to turn your setting down maybe a little is how it works on most game. My take is required would allow you to play at low setting but would be playable.

Not in the beta but going on what the annoucement said, still waiting on beta invite but still stoked about the game.

Edited by buffmorris69mech, 18 June 2012 - 12:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users