Technical Readout: 3145

145 replies to this topic

#41 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

dark age was all about combined arms tactics and alot less about mech combat unfortunately thanks to a massive demilitarization post republic years battlemechs became rarer than they ever were during the 3025 era and companies like defiance industries were repurposed into building crap like industrial and argo mechs

#42 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostPeiper, on 08 April 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Yes. Cute like a manitee.... B)

Sir, are you implying that manatees are in fact, not cute?

#43 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

View Postvalkyrie, on 13 April 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Sir, are you implying that manatees are in fact, not cute?

Have you ever been CLOSE enough to really look at a manatee? I guess sea-cows are cuter than the ones we eat...

#44 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hey, so what happens to Clan Wolf-in-Exile? Are they even still around in 3145?

#45 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

they probably got absorbed into either the wolves or the commonwealth during the war of the reavings

#46 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostNathan K, on 13 April 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

They're still there as far as I know; Clan Wolf-in-Exile was one of the only major obstacles to the Jade Faclon invasion of the Lyran Commonwealth. I don't think we know exactly how much of their fighting strength is still intact until Field Manual: 3145 comes out, though.

#47 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

WizKids attempt on BT, tried it but eventually left. Over time, it comes across more as trying to turn the game into WarTech/Battlehammer 40K.

Combined arms always existed in BT and 3025 was more fun regarding Mech rarity and the whole lower tech thing.
MLs that did 5 heat and 3 damage.
Mechs that couldn't mount full armor due to long term wear and tear.
But that went out the window when FASA didn't come up with a good R&R to account for those effects leaving players scratching their heads how it happened.

#48 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostArctic Fox, on 13 April 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

They're still there as far as I know; Clan Wolf-in-Exile was one of the only major obstacles to the Jade Faclon invasion of the Lyran Commonwealth. I don't think we know exactly how much of their fighting strength is still intact until Field Manual: 3145 comes out, though.
wolf in exile was re integrated into clan wolf after the jihad

#49 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostLightdragon, on 14 April 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

Did it? That would be most inconsistent. Source?

#50 heavyguard

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Wolf-in-Exile was re-integrated into Clan Wolf but not until the Dark Ages. In the last few Dark Age novels it explains how they moved and created a buffer state between the Lyran Alliance and newly re-formed Free Worlds League. This also positioned Clan Wolf closer to Terra then the Jade Falcons who were also pushing into the Skye region.

#51 Nerroth

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

As of Era Report: 3145, Clan Wolf-in-Exile are essentially presented as a Lyran sub-affiliation; they have become loyal to the Commonwealth to the point that they have basically chosen House Steiner over Clan Wolf. And they still seem to be established on Arc-Royal, where they are straining their resources to try and hold the line against Malvina Hazen's Jade Falcons.

Indeed, the division between the Exiles and Crusader Wolves is highlighted in the most recent Dark Age novel, A Bonfire of Worlds. (We'll have to see how CWiE are deployed as of 3145 in the upcoming field manual, but by all accounts they seem to have their hands full.)

#52 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

All I want is a .5 ton reduction in the weight of gyros on a 15 ton mech...

#53 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

View PostNerroth, on 14 April 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

As of Era Report: 3145, Clan Wolf-in-Exile are essentially presented as a Lyran sub-affiliation; they have become loyal to the Commonwealth to the point that they have basically chosen House Steiner over Clan Wolf. And they still seem to be established on Arc-Royal, where they are straining their resources to try and hold the line against Malvina Hazen's Jade Falcons.

Indeed, the division between the Exiles and Crusader Wolves is highlighted in the most recent Dark Age novel, A Bonfire of Worlds. (We'll have to see how CWiE are deployed as of 3145 in the upcoming field manual, but by all accounts they seem to have their hands full.)

So it's business as usual then. Any word on who's in charge?

#54 Nerroth

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostNathan K, on 14 April 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

So it's business as usual then. Any word on who's in charge?

The Exile Khan as of 3145 is Patrik Fetladral, an Elemental. He has a short write-up in ER:3145.

And I wouldn't say that the Exiles (or the Lyrans) are out of the woods just yet; the situation for the Commonwealth is quite critical, albeit partly due to events of their own making.

#55 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

View PostNathan K, on 13 April 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

They are.

View PostMerchant, on 14 April 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

WizKids attempt on BT, tried it but eventually left. Over time, it comes across more as trying to turn the game into WarTech/Battlehammer 40K.

Combined arms always existed in BT and 3025 was more fun regarding Mech rarity and the whole lower tech thing.
MLs that did 5 heat and 3 damage.
Mechs that couldn't mount full armor due to long term wear and tear.
But that went out the window when FASA didn't come up with a good R&R to account for those effects leaving players scratching their heads how it happened.

By ML you mean Medium Lasers right? Because if that is the case you have those values backwards. They did 5 damage for 3 heat.

"FASAnomics" sucks, and you are right about that.

View PostLightdragon, on 14 April 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

Nope. They are still separate. They were asked nicely to rejoin Clan wolf after Clan Wolf pulled up all roots in the occupation zone and carved out the Wolf Empire between Marik and Lyran Space. WiE flat out refused and are still heavily tied to the Lyrans.

#56 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostKissamies, on 08 April 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

No comments on Legacy comics, though, if you meant those.
I'm hoping he is referring to the novels. The Legacy comics are pretty amazing, not in the least because they finally introduce new characters instead of having everything revolve around the same circle of seemingly immortal old heroes, and factions that actually evolve and change over time rather than just being "more of the same".

In a way, this is also why I actually like the Dark Age as a setting. I suppose it's all just a matter of preferences, but I just cannot fathom what I perceive to be a stubborn clinging to a surreal eternal stability where everything remains the same over the course of centuries, even millennia. Years ago, people were upset when the Clans were introduced. Now, people are upset the Jihad came. To me, having different eras which actually differ from one another is a huge boon to a setting. I'm sorry for anyone who thinks such changes are "destroying" their BT, although I also can't understand why they do not just simply stick to their favorite era and ignore anything else? That is the most important advantage of a franchise that's run this way, after all. Or is it perhaps a sort of jealousy that they fear that their favorite isn't getting as much attention anymore as the franchise spreads out?

I can't say anything about the rules of that weird click system game, and agree with the visual designs being "controversial", but I definitively see the potential in an era of massive military downscaling, communications breakdown and a splintering Republic resulting in tons of splinter factions duking it out with militarized IndustrialMechs. And I'll take a book about Katana Tormark over the umpteenth story about Phelan Kell or whoever that we'd surely get if that were the only era this franchise would explore. This way, there's something for everybody. ;)

#57 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hm...I'm still waiting for the Kelswa....as far as i know it is one of the few tanks that didn't get any CBT Stats actual.

Really interesting were the gun trailers.

I'm allready thinking to use those things earlier....

#58 Nerroth

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

The events surrounding the Blackout proper, to include the initial rise of the MW:DA/AoD "pirate factions", seem set to be covered in the pdf-only Era Digest: Dark Age. (ED:DA should bridge the gap between the upcoming Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, which will cover the reign of Devlin Stone as Exarch of the Republic of the Sphere, and Era Report: 3145, which shows what happened when things started to "get real" from 3135 onwards.)

It definitely will be interesting to see how the 3145 units emerge in "classic" BattleTech format, as well as how things might look once Alpha Strike manages to catch up to the Dark Age in turn.

Also, the cover art for TRO:3145 Capellan Confederation has been shown, along with a series of preview pics from both it and TRO:3145 Draconis Combine.

(It seems that each TRO:3145 PDF will also include the relevant "associated realms" of the headline faction in question; so one might expect the Liao file to also cover the Magistracy of Canopus, the Marik file to tackle holdout states like Regulus and Andurien, and so forth.)

Edited by Nerroth, 30 April 2013 - 08:55 AM.

#59 Nerroth

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

The Liao(-Centrella) entry in the TRO:3145 PDF series is now up.

House Kurita should get their turn next month; a preview pic of that file's cover art has just gone up here:

Posted Image

Edited by Nerroth, 24 May 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#60 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Like this Liao TRO:... reminds me why i wanted to fight for House Liao when I restarted my BattleTech Carreer back in 2004.
Stealth Technology - awesome.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users