• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

So, I'm putting together a Trebuchet load out designed to emulate the Unseen Griffin.

TBT-5J:

endo
ferro
10 DHS
250 std engine
5 jets
338 armor
ERPPC
LRM15 & 2 tons ammo
TAG

Obviously, this is a pure support build, and would be in serious trouble if a brawler closed with it. Any thoughts?

#2 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

It's a fairly potent little support mech. Personally I use a much closer range build, but I also play as support. (As opposed to a brawler) Overall, it looks like you will have plenty to offer a group, however I have one or two things to add that you may or may not find useful to your playstyle.

Having large weapons and a slow engine on a small(ish) 'Mech makes you vulnerable to smaller or faster attackers. By being more maneuverable and using weapons with shorter cooldowns, you have more opportunities to fire and greater survivability. The TBT is typically an LRM boat, but it achieves this by being generally fast enough to stay at 180m+ and having smaller secondary weapons to still be defensible. An ERPPC can be difficult to strike with at close ranges, and you will have more FP to bear by using a lighter and more varied weapons setup (not to mention more LRM ammo) with those 7 tons. Don't underestimate the power of medium or small lasers.

Overall, the build seems a little overfocused. It can be faster, more powerful and a more effective group buddy, but you should feel comfortable with what you play, and not just play what people tell you to. :3

Try the smurfy tool, it can really help to find where you want your 'Mech to be, and work out the setup without spending cbills.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified

Edited by TheFlyingScotsman, 03 March 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#3 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostTheFlyingScotsman, on 03 March 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Try the smurfy tool...

You mean the one I linked to? :ph34r:

#4 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

If you're dead-set on running a loadout like this, I'd consider changing a few things. I'd move the ammo into your legs (no reason not too - they're well armored). I'd also run a faster XL engine and I'd drop 2-3 jump jets (and use that for more ammo/heat sinks).

#5 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostEscef, on 03 March 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

You mean the one I linked to? :ph34r:

Hah! Shows how awake I was when I posted. Soz

#6 Eumenes

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 77 posts
  • Locationof Cardia

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

The 5N or 7M can do a fair version of the GRF-2N (star league variant). ER-PPC, 2 SRM6. Can't carry ECM though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users