What To Expect: March 5 Patch Preview

89 replies to this topic

#81 Lifeline975

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Bravo Vettie !!!

I dont normally post ..

Been playing for a few months now and glad to see fixes towards the stability of the game ...everytime I read the forum it erks me!! (in all areas not just patch updates)

I cant really understand all the whining .. its a patch to improve the game .. not the first nor the last ..the game is in its beta stages and the devs obviously have piles and piles of things to fix, alter, create new content and balance previous content on top of trying to keep the community entertained and challenged all the while trying to earn some cash to float their company.

Just wanted to say thanks to the devs for taking on this project so we actually can play this kind of game, bugs and all ....
(but do keep fixing them hehe)

Some of the community here remind me of a mindless dog while ur feeding it .. its soo busy gulping down its food all the while eyeing what you have on your dish ... simply never satisfied regardless of what you give it ...it just wants more ..

To devs thanks and keep up the good work, some of us do appreciate your hard work.

I for one get an enorumus kick outa driven a monster mech and blowing the crap outta somebody ... best stress release after a fulldays work ever ...(or even while working lol)

#82 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

its sad really: all the stuff slated for this month is awesome! improvements to the lab, desert, the jager, testing grounds, painting hero mechs, fixes, lag reduction, but its all turned sour because of coolant, and consumable items.

try not to get too down! there is still good to be here.

#83 Captain Ahab

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

All I am expecting is dissapointment

#84 Ewigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

I am really looking forward to this patch.

THX for the work PGI!

#85 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

dunno, if anybody brought it up, I just thought coolant flush would have been better as a basic feature to unlock, thru xp, or gxp. in Mw4 it was a feature that was part of the mech. although the idea of consumables is interesting.

#86 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 04 March 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

That's the ETA for the "in-game menu options" for changing display settings and controls during a match.

Ahhh this makes sense .... well better job than I thought then....3 internets for you instead of just 2 !

#87 Vaylen

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 63 posts
  • LocationInner sphere

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

I have no problem with them adding coolant flush because I will enjoy watching a mech still go down even after using it and knowing that they either spent a bunch of MC or CBills for something that in the end still didnt help them win. Working in teams and good strategy overcomes ECM and it will do the same for coolant flushing, though if they make it so adding coolant flush to your mech takes like a ton of space per coolant flush item that would help balance it because the user would have to try to free up tonnage for it.

#88 Tuku

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostVaylen, on 05 March 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

I have no problem with them adding coolant flush because I will enjoy watching a mech still go down even after using it and knowing that they either spent a bunch of MC or CBills for something that in the end still didnt help them win. Working in teams and good strategy overcomes ECM and it will do the same for coolant flushing, though if they make it so adding coolant flush to your mech takes like a ton of space per coolant flush item that would help balance it because the user would have to try to free up tonnage for it.

Actually it only takes up modual slots....2 for full power Cbill CF 1 slot for MC The diffrence is you get 2 shots of collant per match and the MC option only offers 1 .... all be it at the same strength. neither option offers more colling power than the other.

#89 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Today is Patch Day Right! ;)

#90 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Patch downtime rolling out as forecasted http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2006329

View PostBrian Windover, on 05 March 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

Servers will be coming down at 10:00am PST/18:00 UTC for the patch.

Estimated Downtime: 3 hours

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users