What To Expect: March 5 Patch Preview

89 replies to this topic

#41 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

The lag is much better, the Elo matchmaking is much better than no matchmaking, and I get stuck in far fewer buildings than I used to. I can't acquire, equip, and Elite mechs as fast as they are introducing them. There's a new map in two weeks.

Continuous improvement is fine with me.

#42 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

There isn't ever going to be a miracle patch day. Just pray that important things (like stability, performance, and lag) get better and everything else you get (new mech, new map, new toy to play with) is a bonus. It is important that the foundation of the game is solid before you add something that breaks everything else.

Otherwise, I'm sure you would love to keep the following:
4fps bug
mass warping-lag shooting
"broken" collisions
and many more...!

#43 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

I'm really lookin forward to the new user flow, improved ui, organizeable 'mechbay, sandbox (really, really, really want the sandbox so I can get comfortable before a battle). More skins, awesome... cockpit items, awesome.... color bundles, awesome... the past two hero 'mechs have caught my attention (although I ended up not getting the commando) awesome, clan announcements (comstar can only blacklist us for so long), command console, information as to the final stages of CW (not just the basic outlines presented a year or two back), more maps! the ability to pick and choose a lance pre - battle, enhanced team voice options.... interstellar maps, planetary engagements, day & night or other wonderful options, the ability to choose which mech and color on designated worlds, all the really big stuff. Hoping for Clan founders pack (and details about future mechs/techs) since we're nearing the state of official launch... wow, lots of stuff to look forward to, i have a feeling by summer we're going to be getting there in a big way. :)

These things are the glue that holds Dakka Dakka Pew Pew together for years upon years and really create a universe

(all that stuff takes longer than tomorrow or even just the end of march, but still... over the coming months!)

One of the big things I'm wondering, when will we have the option to switch from DX9 / DX11 ? I realize it will significantly impact the requirements for tons of players.. maybe just a switch in the graphics options? I have no idea what all comes into play, unfamiliar territory so.

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 04 March 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#44 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

yup yup, always looking forward to see the new mechs, and anything added to that is gravy...

#45 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

No one else notice the OP's date is off for the patch? LOL Figured that I would change it up a bit.

#46 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

As always, expect bitter disappointment.

Edited by QuantumButler, 05 March 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#47 DeeSaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 284 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Keep up the good work Redshift2k5! Much appreciated!

#48 Terror Teddy

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

All I know is that my Jagermech is supposed to be released on my birthday so double fun.

#49 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Im not too excited for this patch. I hope Wednesday brings us a mech announcement or 5.

#50 Arkmaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

All of you complaining about the patch before it even comes out and calling the hero mech P2W without having any real knowledge of it need to pull your heads out of your 4th points of contact.

#51 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

I just want to play without crashing, if they keep fixing stuff, great! But im not getting impressed anymore but CW and collisions.

So maybe in like 6-9 months we will get the collisions and CW?

#52 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostmiSs, on 04 March 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

Due to popular demand, this topic has been pinned.

Please refer to http://mwomercs.com/...pinning-policy/ for our policy moving forward on pinned topics.

Cheers!

Thanks Miss :)

View Postscgt1, on 04 March 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

No one else notice the OP's date is off for the patch? LOL Figured that I would change it up a bit.

That's what I get for lazy C&P >.>

#53 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostDCLXVI, on 04 March 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

i would trade my mwo account for a 10 dolla off sim city code right now.

If I find one for you do you promise to go away never come back? :D

Edited by Agent of Change, 04 March 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#54 MADSix

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

More info here
http://www.ign.com/a...icada-hero-mech
Including hardpoints for the Cicada

#55 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I wonder hwre is that official March developer update post :D .

#56 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

That post also notes that we're getting Training Grounds, new statistics, and Savior and Defensive Kill bonuses.

Maybe those don't count as huge things for everyone, but I for one am very, very happy to see all of it.

Better contextual kill bonuses are awesome, we desperately needs stats that don't suck, and an offline Training Grounds were people can test out mech builds (rather than testing them in battle and screwing their team!)... These are all things I've desperately wanted since I started.

#57 massari

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationRome, NY

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Not a bad patch then! I like me some more stats and XP earned!

#58 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 04 March 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

That post also notes that we're getting Training Grounds, new statistics, and Savior and Defensive Kill bonuses.

Maybe those don't count as huge things for everyone, but I for one am very, very happy to see all of it.

Better contextual kill bonuses are awesome, we desperately needs stats that don't suck, and an offline Training Grounds were people can test out mech builds (rather than testing them in battle and screwing their team!)... These are all things I've desperately wanted since I started.

Yes, all of those items, while individually fairly weak(training mode excluded, that is a much-needed feature), together make for a pretty "full" patch. I've already updated my #1 post with all the juicy new details.

#59 DangerGnome

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

The last three hero mechs have been ****, really the last four, but Flame was released at the same time as Fang. Death's Knell needed ECM, Pretty Baby needed another Energy Hardpoint, and now the ******* Cicada X-5 has no ECM, just like the screwed over Death's Knell. I am very disappointed in this.

#60 The Faceless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostMADSix, on 04 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

More info here http://www.ign.com/a...icada-hero-mech Including hardpoints for the Cicada

Thanks for the link....that is excellent. I really like the look of that mech. And despite the people crying because it doesnt have ECM I think it will be a great addition to my stable. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users