89 replies to this topic

#21 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostGregore, on 04 March 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

So essentially nothing this patch then?

On the one hand, yes.

On the other hand, at this point is there anything they could announce outside of community warfare stuff that anyone cares about?

I don't care about mechs anymore because they're essentially platforms for the same weapons. If one comes out that is better than the current tryhard optimal version then I'll use it. Otherwise it goes in the basement with the Spiders.

I don't care that much about maps anymore because regardless of how they look, I'm going to spend 50-100% of my time in thermal imaging, and regardless of how big they are, our max range weapons still only go 1.5k, so past a certain size its just additional walking around time.

I do care about cockpit items, because this patch I will get my banner confirming I am the Ultimate Supreme Poet Warrior King Warlord of the Inner Sphere, but I only require one of these so going forward I will not care about cockpit items.

So what is a 'good' patch at this point? Bringing back collisions. CW. That's about it right? If that's the case, be prepared for many uneventful patches before we get to the good stuff.

I'm right about this yes? What are you guys expecting that they might actually put into the next 3-4 patches that would make you happy? There's no hidden items in development. You'd be better off toning down your expectations and accepting that CW is several months off at best and we're not getting anything more than mechs and maps at the current rate until then.

Edited by Broceratops, 04 March 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#22 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Yay

Nothing again.

#23 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 04 March 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

Why? It doesn't change its effectivness, just looks different.

The flight pantern looks a bit more tighter, at the cost of missile staggering.

Based on the flight pattern alone it should have greater pinpoint accuracy on intended target, while giving the intendent target a bit more time to torso turn.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 04 March 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#24 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostBroceratops, on 04 March 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

So what is a 'good' patch at this point? Bringing back collisions. CW. That's about it right? If that's the case, be prepared for many uneventful patches before we get to the good stuff.

I'm right about this yes? What are you guys expecting that they might actually put into the next 3-4 patches that would make you happy? There's no hidden items in development. You'd be better off toning down your expectations and accepting that CW is several months off at best and we're not getting anything more than mechs and maps at the current rate until then.

Until we see CW then yeah, most upcoming patches will be relatively "mild". although new map is quite a bit more exciting than a relatively bare patch.

I have my fingers crossed for State Rewinding (some much needed lag compensation to tone down max speed lights) and Bryan has promised us something great for the new players coming in March.

But yes, you have it right: people need to be realistic about their expectations. We can't have huge patches with stacks of new items all the time.

#25 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

As always, I check the Command Chair every single day and now that we have these monthly CD Updates, I'll be hitting refresh throughout today! :)

@Redshift: good job with this, it's great for the uninitiated. :)

#26 F lan Ker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationArctic Circle

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

S!

Getting a patch is nice. I wish there are performance improvements and bug fixes included :)

#27 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostF lan Ker, on 04 March 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

S!

Getting a patch is nice. I wish there are performance improvements and bug fixes included :)

There are almost always bug fixes and performance tuning. They are not, however, included in upcoming content or given release dates, so I can't include them in my scavenged list of upcoming content.

#28 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

It does look like there won't be much in this patch. The hero mech and patters/cockpit items they can keep, too expensive for my taste. Not to mention they would have to pay me to play a Cicada ...

More maps cannot come soon enough as well as more game modes. Training map and mech test drive area would be great too. Collisions, finished VoIP integration, game lobby, custom matches, and, eventually, CW should be top priorities. Not too optimistic we will see the last mentioned ones any time soon though.

I do hope there will be improvements to the matchmaker and hopefully fixed hit boxes and further lag compensation in this patch. I believe the fix for the leg damage was slated for march 19th. Cannot be soon enough.

#29 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'm guessing the offline training grounds are going to be in on the 19th then?

#30 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostMagik0012, on 04 March 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

I'm guessing the offline training grounds are going to be in on the 19th then?

Hasn't been given a date. Wait for Bryan's March Creative director update!

#31 Carcoona

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostErik Drakmoor, on 04 March 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

Thanks for the update. Not looking forward to this p2w update, patch looks like a step backwards.

How many times does this need to be explain? Hero mechs are not pay to win. They are just different, and let the developers add to the Battletech Universe and expand the game. It also lets US help fund the game, (the whole reason for them making it), This in turn keeps their developers in jobs, and lets them spend time and money adding things to a game we all love. And as the game is free, unless u choose to pay money, I think suggesting that this has any pay to win, is abit of a Stereotype.

Saying that, I agree it would be nice if there was more content added, however, most MMO's have far less frequent patchs with even less content, and ask you to pay for DLC's.

This is an awesome community, one of the best and most loyal I have ever seen. However, Patience is not one of its collective virtues lol

#32 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

The people complaining about nothing coming are cracking me up. Redshift can't list what hasn't been announced and we wont know what the bulk of the patch will look like until later today.

However, if you read their latest tweet:

We have a patch release tomorrow. It should make a lot of people happy. #mwo #mechwarriors

It indicates something important is coming tomorrow that addresses a longstanding issue. My guess is State Rewind. If true, this will be one of the biggest netcode improvements we have ever seen. This could be the only patch feature and I would still rate it as a game changing patch.

Edited by Jman5, 04 March 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#33 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostJman5, on 04 March 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

The people complaining about nothing coming are cracking me up. Redshift can't list what hasn't been announced and we wont know what the bulk of the patch will look like until later today.

It indicates something important is coming tomorrow. My guess is State Rewind. If true, this will be one of the biggest netcode improvements we have ever seen. This could be the only patch feature and I would still rate it as a game changing patch.

Hmm, now I am waiting...

#34 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostJman5, on 04 March 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

It indicates something important is coming tomorrow. My guess is State Rewind. If true, this will be one of the biggest netcode improvements we have ever seen.

It also indicates more smoke being blown up our *****. How many times have they said this, but left people disappointed or frustrated? IMHO they have pulled 10 too many smoke and mirror tricks for me to believe anything that comes from PGI or IGP.

#35 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 04 March 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

It also indicates more smoke being blown up our *****. How many times have they said this, but left people disappointed or frustrated? IMHO they have pulled 10 too many smoke and mirror tricks for me to believe anything that comes from PGI or IGP.

Well we know State Rewind is coming either this patch or next. I have heard some of the devs talking about it off-hand on a few of the 3rd party shows, which makes me think it's done and coming tomorrow.

#36 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostJman5, on 04 March 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

Well we know State Rewind is coming either this patch or next. I have heard some of the devs talking about it off-hand on a few of the 3rd party shows, which makes me think it's done and coming tomorrow.

I'm all for state rewind, but this game needs much more. Yeah, patience and time and all that, but honestly how much time does PGI really deserve before enough is enough?

Side Note: your sig is epic! Did you pay the the troll toll? lol

#37 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 04 March 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

The flight pantern looks a bit more tighter, at the cost of missile staggering.

I hope for a change in the patch notes stating, "Missiles are no longer brighter than the sun, just a little burn at the *** end of the missile! Sorry if we ruined your eyes!"

#38 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Nothing is done and coming until it is actually in the game. Many times things were virtually assured to be in a patch and then poof gone and not spoken of for weeks/months. That's the way beta goes.

Bro: These are the things I wish for and look forward to:
New Maps (and even map variants)
New Starting (random start) locations on map, move the bases around, it will have a lot of great effect on the monotonous strategies that everyone is learning to do on every map.
New objectives/goals. Give us something to strive for! (Other than CW)
CW
Achievements, as above, goals.
New Mechs & variants.
New weapons and utility items.

That's all off the top of my head.

#39 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Sigh...

The general mindset of many in this community supports the premise that PGI could "deuce" us Tiffany cuff-links and it would not be good enough. :)

Sometimes this community truly saddens me.

Edited by DaZur, 04 March 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#40 Gregore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 452 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Oh yeah, just saw another post.

Friendly fire stats. Show the FF you have taken and dished out.

You cannot stop something if you don't know you're doing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users