Basic->Elite->Master

8 replies to this topic

#1 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

What are the actual trees needed to unlock the Elite & Master skills? I asked around and think I understand, but is there an explanation somewhere?

What I understand: unlock all of the Basic skills for each of 3 variants of a particular mech to open access to Elite; unlock all of the Elite skills of any 3 mech variants within a mech category (light, medium, heavy, assault) to unlock the Master skill.

Is that about right?

Thanks in advance -
~MX

#2 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

It's all based on a given mech, not a mech type.

So to get to Elite Catapult skills, I need three Catapult variants with all 8 Basic skills. And to get Master Catapult skills, I need three Catapult variants with all 8 Elite skills. Having basics or elites with any other heavy mech does jack squat for my Catapult.

#3 Jamalot

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

You need to unlock 3 variants of a mech chassis in basic and elite to access the master extra module slot, they are nice bonuses, i always liked the extra 10% speed boost the elites give, especially on my atlas.

#4 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Both of the first two responses are false.

To unlock ELITE tier, you need 3 variants of the same chassis to have 8/8 BASIC unlocks

To unlock MASTER tier, you need 3 variants of the same weight class to have 4/4 ELITE unlocks.

It clearly states the requirement for MASTER tier unlock in game once you unlock ELITE for a chassis.

Edited by darkkterror, 04 March 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#5 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostBuckminster, on 04 March 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's all based on a given mech, not a mech type.

So to get to Elite Catapult skills, I need three Catapult variants with all 8 Basic skills. And to get Master Catapult skills, I need three Catapult variants with all 8 Elite skills. Having basics or elites with any other heavy mech does jack squat for my Catapult.

Incorrect (based on everything I've read). To unlock Elite, you need 3 variants of one chasis. To get Elite for catapault, for example, you must unlock all 8 basic skills for 3 variants of catapault. At that point, you can work on Elite for all 3 of those variants, but you don't need to.. To get the Master slot on ONE of those 3 unlocked catapaults, you must have a full Elite on 3 "heavy chasis" mechs. You can get Master on 1 Catapault by having full Elite unlocked on 2, say, Cataphracts.. as long as you work the entire Elite set for that Catapault first, obviously.

In other words, you do -not- need to fill Elite on 3 variants to get master in that variant for 1 mech.. but to get any Master for a weight class, you must have 3 Elites open in that weight class first.

Phrased another way.. to open elite for a variant, you need all 8 basics completed on 3 of that variant. To get Master on any one mech, you must have 3 Elites completed -on that weight class-.

So, really, you only need to grind out the Basic stuff on 3 variants for the type you want a master on.. and if you're doing others in that -weight class-, you can grind out 3 Basics of other types to get Elite in something you like there too.. But you do -not- have to grind out Elite in -every type- just to get master for 1, so long as you have lots of variants across the weight class that have Elite open already..

hope that makes sense.. it's a bit difficult to put into words.. but it's a teir thing. MaradrX has it correct.

#6 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Master is per weight class?

My bad for spreading bad info.

#7 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Let's also add that since the previous patch, to see all the basic efficiencies double, you need to address also all the four elite efficiencies for each mech variant. Otherwise the basics will stay basic.

Before this patch (19Th Feb) you could see all basic efficiencies go "2X" once you unlocked them all for three variants.

#8 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostCmdrPoopyPants, on 04 March 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

To unlock Elite, you need 3 variants of one chasis. To get Elite for catapault, for example, you must unlock all 8 basic skills for 3 variants of catapault.

Was having the same question. I just bought my 1st mech, a HBK-4P and just got all the BASIC bonus. If I understand correctly, I need to buy two other HBK then unlock BASIC for both 2 also?

That suck because when I will have earned enough C-Bills again to buy another merc, I will want to try something else. So it will take a long time before I will have any Elite bonus for any merc because again after my 2nd merc I will want to try a 3rd class. There is the 4 slots limit too, until I decide to expand.

#9 GTV Zeratul

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

OP is correct, This is what I have done:

3 Hunchbacks 8/8 basic, HBK-4SP 4/4 elite gives you 2x on basic.
3 Centurions 8/8 basic, CN9-YLW and CN9-D 4/4 elite gives you 2x on basic.
Because I've got 3 medium mechs at 4/4 elite I can now grind XP for master on my HBK-4SP, CN9-YLW and CN9-D. Master only gets you the extra moduleslot, nothing more i.e. no 2x on elite.

Note that you can elite 3 of the same chassis to unlock master aswell, you don't NEED to do different chassis.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users