Why I Don't Play Hawken (Consumables)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

I just want to make it clear I have no issues spending money on a game, but if in doing so I am granted an advantage over other members of the player base. I WONT DO IT. I want a fair fight, an even fight, and ELO was a HUGE step in that direction. Why the backpedal? Are you really that effing greedy?

I also want to make it clear I have no problems with adding coolant flush as a module, I would love to see more one use active modules, they add something to the game that passive modules don't.

Consumables can work, but not the way your implementing them.
The MC Item needs to be EQUIVALENT to the cbill option.

Hawken was arranged in such a way that you pretty much had to spend real world moneys for consumables. I Don't Play hawken anymore. I wont Play mechwarrior anymore if cash based consumables are a requirment for competitive play.

You can scream about two uses vs one use all you want, it doesnt make a bit of difference because module slots are a scarce resource, and the MC coolant uses half as many.

Between this and the lack of communication about ECM (not ecm itself, I dont care that its imba, this is still beta, BUT SAY SOMETHING) Im getting ready to storm off in a blind rage.

You have to understand I DONT MAKE THESE KINDS OF POSTS.... In a room full of angry people, Im the one that tells people to consider the ramifications of the worst case scenario prepare, and respond accordingly, Its actually in my job description to be a voice of reason.
If Im actually angry, I cannot fathom the blind searing wroth emanating from the rest of the player base.

Edited by Gandalfrockman, 04 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#2 anonymous175

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

I thought everyone quit to go Hawken?

#3 Aesthir

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostZeno Scarborough, on 04 March 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

I thought everyone quit to go Hawken?

Really? I tried Hawken after instaling MWO. It was like playing Call of Duty. No sense that you're piloting a 40-ton machine, just another brown-colored shooter.

#4 anonymous175

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostAesthir, on 04 March 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Really? I tried Hawken after instaling MWO. It was like playing Call of Duty. No sense that you're piloting a 40-ton machine, just another brown-colored shooter.

No idea, haven't patched it since Alpha.

/Thread merged.

#5 LordCosine

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yeah, I've been really enjoying this game, I was kind of excited to see what direction the devs were going to take mwo.

However, pay only advantages destabilizing competitive pvp was not something I was expecting. I better get in some games while I can, cause I'll be playing something else when this launches.

#6 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Wow.. I thought this one got merged... glad I didn't put "coolant" in the title.

#7 ShadowSpirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 341 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Agree with the OP.

#8 Golfin Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 162 posts
  • Locationyour flank

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hawken is amazing, don't compare it to COD because it's just not. That being said I was disturbed at the fact that the consumables in Hawken are so powerful and exist as a P2W strategy. Seeing the way it is going to be implemented in this game appears to me as a travesty that must be avoided. I wanted to complain about how much camo costs, or paid premium time, but that's a way for a company to create revenue without affecting the average player's experience too much. Having a paid consumable that is vastly superior (regardless of what they say) to the non-paid version is ridiculous.

I wil not say something like "is the ~10 cents/25MC (or whatever the numbers are) worth it if it starts ruining the game", because the rate at which people would buy these would create profit very quickly. This is obviously only a money-making ploy, which I assume is just another addition to the way PGI seems to be creating this game. Take a storied franchise with extremely devoted followers and try to squeeze money out of them at every possible opportunity. Please spare me the the "its a company it needs money blah blah" flaming because its clear that they've already established a good base for profit considering the popularity of hero mechs, camos, cockpit items, and premium accounts. Introducing things that greatly improve your performance in a way that unpaid players cannot match is a slap in the face to everyone playing the game.

In case you were wondering I buy camos and have a hero mech and some goofy cockpit items, so I am not someone who plays for free and just complains about P2W for the hell of it. The pushing of content and constant addition of paid items, despite a constantly broken (beta I know) game that is plagued with "fixes" to imbalances that just create more imbalance creates a certain image in my mind. It seems as though some people are creating/adding things to the game for its benefit and truly care about the community and the integerity of the franchise, while others are ****ing off watching the money roll in, considering the PPC emp effect to be a legitimate counter to ECM. (half-trolling now)

Of course I'm some random **** on the internet flaming about something that I don't have any experience in, as in the design/marketing of a video game. If what I say bothers you just remember you're the only person who has read this entire post, and it will change nothing in the future development of the game.

Edited by Golfin Man, 05 March 2013 - 11:28 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users