I Don't Support P2W But...

27 replies to this topic

#1 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Can everyone please just calm the **** down until we find out more about this coolant flush/arty strike business?

For Christ' sake, every other thread is I HATE P2W GG PGI I'M GONNA QUIT...you guys haven't even TRIED it yet.

I realize that the MC version is directly better (by one module slot), but honestly, let's just see how it plays out first?

I do realize why many people, including myself, are feeling weary about this implementation, which seems like a foray into P2W mechanics...but all I'm asking is that we wait and give the new system atleast a week before we brandish our pitchforks?

tl;dr

Calm. Down. Give. It. A. Try. Before. You. Rage.

Thanks

#2 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

How dare you try to be calm and rational on an internet forum.

#3 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

I don't support pay-to-win!

I don't support MC consumables.

#4 Tor6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

If we wait till its implemented BEFORE throwing a fit that'll just make it ten times harder to get removed.

If this forum hadn't lost its **** when it was announced the Jenner would get ECM do you think it would have been retroactively removed? Considering they've basically not touched the core functions of the thing since release? Yea....

#5 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

The funny thing is that aside from a few situations, I rarely see all this all caps yelling and screaming raging going on. All I see is people voicing displeasure over a design decision and direction and moderators trying to put a lid on it as well as fan boy's saying that people voicing their displeasure are just whiners and rageaholics.

#6 BladeSplint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostWolvesX, on 04 March 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

We know, you've said as much about 100 times in your other topics

#7 Osa Eris Xero

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostWindies, on 04 March 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

The funny thing is that aside from a few situations, I rarely see all this all caps yelling and screaming raging going on. All I see is people voicing displeasure over a design decision and direction and moderators trying to put a lid on it as well as fan boy's saying that people voicing their displeasure are just whiners and rageaholics.

It's an easy solution

They say "our bad, this was dumb" and scrap the whole thing.

Problem solved, everyone goes home happy.

#8 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

View Postp8ragon, on 04 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Can everyone please just calm the **** down until we find out more about this coolant flush/arty strike business?

For Christ' sake, every other thread is I HATE P2W GG PGI I'M GONNA QUIT...you guys haven't even TRIED it yet.

I realize that the MC version is directly better (by one module slot), but honestly, let's just see how it plays out first?

I do realize why many people, including myself, are feeling weary about this implementation, which seems like a foray into P2W mechanics...but all I'm asking is that we wait and give the new system atleast a week before we brandish our pitchforks?

tl;dr

Thanks

But see, the mere fact that you can say "I realize the MC version is directly better" means that there's something very, very wrong with what they're doing. The degree to which the paid version is better is largely irrelevant (especially considering the fact that we have no reason to assume that other consumables won't follow the same road, in which case the small advantages would simply continue to stack).

#9 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

View PostWolvesX, on 04 March 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

that's nice, let me know when it shows up, haven't heard it yet.

MC consumables may be fine, the sky isn't falling

#10 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

If the c-bill cost is so high that you need to grind a few dozen matches to afford a consumable item, but that item can be short-cutted for MC, then we're kind of treading on "gold ammo" territory.

By "gold ammo territory", I mean a thing that is technically available for free, but too grindy to be worth using.

Of course, the item would also have to be pretty darn good as well for that to be the case. I'm not sure coolant pods qualify, we don't know yet.

Bottom line: I'm not worried. Maybe a little skeptical, maybe a little disappointed in PGI decision making again, but not worried. We shall see soon enough.

Edited by Warrax the Chaos Warrior, 04 March 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#11 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

View PostOsa Eris Xero, on 04 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

It's an easy solution

They say "our bad, this was dumb" and scrap the whole thing.

Problem solved, everyone goes home happy.

i guess they don't negotiate with terrorists.

#12 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postp8ragon, on 04 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

tl;dr

Thanks

Are you one of the people that said this about ECM too?

I'll bet you were.

All I'm gonna say is, told you so.

#13 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostFate 6, on 04 March 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

Are you one of the people that said this about ECM too?

I'll bet you were.

All I'm gonna say is, told you so.

hahahah i wasn't even active on the forums when the whole ECM thing came into play. I think it's fine though...so long as they fix the matchmaking to ensure that both teams have atleast one ecm mech.

#14 RagenBull

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

by just calming down and seeing how it works and then saying ehh its a small advantage lets pgi know you are ok with p2w style and rest assured it wont be the last items they make better for mc

#15 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

I dont play games that are P2W, eg WoT, I fear MWO has started down that road..the day an MC item is beter than a non MC item its P2W. ohh well.

#16 Squigles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

I keep hearing that the MC item is going to be better then the C-Bill item...and it is, but only from one point of view.

Say I want to use only 1 coolant flush in a game, well, the MC coolant flush is clearly superior. I can use 1 module slot for a 20% C-Bill flush, or 1 module slot for a 35% MC flush. Complete no brainer here on which is better.

Say i want to use 2 coolant flushes in a game (or air strike, or artillery strike), then the C-Bill option is by far the superior option. Why? An MC consumable CAN'T be stacked, so the ONLY way to get multiple uses is to go with the C-Bill option.

So long as the C-Bill option isn't prohibitively expensive, then I just don't see a problem here. MC is superior if you want to only be able to use an option once in a battle, C-Bills are superior for multi-use. I don't know about you guys, but I'll probably want to be able to use my consumable more then once....especially if it allows me to drop explosive ordinance on someones head.

#17 Doc Holliday

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 377 posts
  • Locationplaying some other game that's NOT PAY TO WIN

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 March 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

I dont play games that are P2W, eg WoT, I fear MWO has started down that road..the day an MC item is beter than a non MC item its P2W. ohh well.

This, exactly. I quit World of Tanks. Not buying pay2win ammo. I'm not buying pay2win coolant. And I will not support a developer that uses that BS.

#18 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 March 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

But we don't know that until the actual item comes out tomorrow.

Honestly, i don't think the vast majority of the MWO population even USES modules. Most people whom are active on the forums are veteran or competitive players. The average player probably doesn't even use a single module, much less two.

In that sense I can understand why many forum members are so outraged. It is higher level play which will be affected by this implementation...however, i think everyday matches for average players such as myself won't change.

#19 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

I want to see prices before I comment one way or the other. Depending on the prices, it may be reasonable for them to charge MC for consumables. The C-bill prices cannot be extremely high, otherwise it will become a game-breaker P2W, but if it is a reasonable price in C-bills then I don't care if people want to spend MC on something I can buy after a couple of matches.

#20 urmamasllama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

its an ethics issue not a balance issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users