Rage Threads... Yup Keep Shooting Yourself In The Foot.

37 replies to this topic

#1 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

How many locked and deleted threads are you folks going to create with the misguided premise that somehow your adolescent rage threads rift with vitriol and and angst is how your supposed to be taken seriously?

Fine... take issue with the recent content developments but... I dunno... pretend like your talking to your local pastor kindly schoolmarm?

I understand (or at least I'm trying to rationalize it) your rage but if you really want to effect change and have your opinions matter, show a little maturity maybe?

I'm seeing a lot of valid point being made but it's largely getting lost in the noise and projectile vomiting...

I'm not saying bend-over and take one for the team... Just show a little self control and try to be rational maybe?

edit: new non-confrontational reference person. :D

Edited by DaZur, 05 March 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#2 Erik Jast

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

[redacted]

Edited by miSs, 05 March 2013 - 10:37 AM.
inappropriate

#3 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

The point of rage threads is not to make the developers go "hey this poster makes some good points, let's not implement a pay to win scheme!" The point of rage threads is to generate more rage.

#4 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Our threads will blot out the sun. You would have to play in the shade except you don't have enough MC for the shade module.

#5 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostNarcisoldier, on 05 March 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

The point of rage threads is not to make the developers go "hey this poster makes some good points, let's not implement a pay to win scheme!" The point of rage threads is to generate more rage.

[redacted]

Edited by miSs, 05 March 2013 - 10:40 AM.
inappropriate

#6 Thirdstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

I wonder if you realize that some very thoughtful and polite threads and polls got locked/merged/deleted.

#7 Erik Jast

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Regular discussion would be ignored just like rage threads would. The difference is that rage threads get noticed, regular threads are usually ignored. We've tried going the discussion route. IGP ***** us in the ***. Now we can rage up, and still get ****** in the ***. At least we feel better about it.

#8 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm not saying bend-over and take one for the team...

where do i apply?

#9 Tarrasque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostErik Jast, on 05 March 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

How would you talk to your local pastor if he ****** you in the ***?

Please tell me you did not seriously just parallel priest/child molestation and the implementation of a type of MC-only coolant module.

Please.

#10 Talesin BatBat

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Expression of discontent and disgust with the developer/publisher going against what they explicitly stated is to be expected and encouraged. Most simply don't have a sufficient grasp to make themselves understood concisely and decisively without falling into 'rage' mode.

So I'd have to disagree; a massive outpouring of threads (even if they are locked) sends a significant message to the forum staff, and possibly the developers. If it continues unabated from a variety of sources, this only strengthens the argument and serves as an indicator of community outrage.

No one's voice doesn't matter. No one should be told to 'shut up' when they are truly angry about something.

Oh, and as far as speaking as if to a local pastor? I tend to swear at religious folk significantly more than someone debating based on reality. To put it succinctly, '**** your church'.

#11 ItsAPotato

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Not that the OP said anything that deserves it, but I see this thread rapidly devolving.

Soooooooo....IB4L

#12 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostTarrasque, on 05 March 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Please tell me you did not seriously just parallel priest/child molestation and the implementation of a type of MC-only coolant module.

Please.

It's apt.

#13 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostThirdstar, on 05 March 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

I wonder if you realize that some very thoughtful and polite threads and polls got locked/merged/deleted.

In fairness... most of them inundated and hijacked by raging commentary post with.

Granted I did not get to see "all" of them... but let's be realistic.

#14 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

In fairness... most of them inundated and hijacked by raging commentary post with.

Granted I did not get to see "all" of them... but let's be realistic.

Yayy a rational person!

I agree what he said twice even!

#15 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

Posted Image

#16 tenderloving

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,238 posts

View PostTarrasque, on 05 March 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Please.

Both cases are a betrayal of trust. It's an extreme comparison but it's not inaccurate.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

View PostDaZur, on 05 March 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

Fine... take issue with the recent content developments but... I dunno... pretend like your talking to your local pastor?
Not the best suggestion for me DaZur. I have been know to tell Chaplin's to F*** off!

#18 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostAgent of Change, on 05 March 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Yayy a rational person!

I agree what he said twice even!

Shhhhh.... don't say that too loud or they'll revoke my rubber-room membership! :lol:

#19 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostErik Jast, on 05 March 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Regular discussion would be ignored just like rage threads would. The difference is that rage threads get noticed, regular threads are usually ignored. We've tried going the discussion route. IGP ***** us in the ***. Now we can rage up, and still get ****** in the ***. At least we feel better about it.

Fine. If you don't like it, hop on the bus, Gus. Leave. However, if these rage threads continue, I see no reason why we can't ask to have the MODS start banning certain people via IP and having accounts closed for being D-bags here in an attempt to try and cause disharmony on the forums in order to regain some clarity here.

If you want to get your point across, discuss it rationally. Or leave if the game sucks that badly. But don't try to ruin the experience for everyone else because your panties are in a bunch. Otherwise, I'll be asking MODS to start bringing down the banhammer on people in an attempt to regain some order here.

#20 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 March 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

Not the best suggestion for me DaZur. I have been know to tell Chaplin's to F*** off!

Maybe I should change that to the kindly schoolmarm? :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users