Uac Excessive Jamming After Patch

41 replies to this topic

#1 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

This has been around since I assume the 25% jam was implemented. Somehow it seems to have gotten worse in this patch, I jam while single firing MUCH more, this is UNACCEPTABLE, the jam rate is ARTIFICIALLY HIGHER due to this bug. FIX THIS NOW, people that have PAID MONEY for your Ilya hero mechs are PISSED ;) .

Edited by Jaxass, 06 March 2013 - 07:27 PM.

#2 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

having the same issue Ultra AC seems to jam far too often after the first shot and after the jammed period has passed it seems to fire off a round wasting ammo

#3 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

3 rounds in, it is FAR FAR worse than pre-patch, UACS are f.u.c.king useless now

#4 Celyth

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Gold Champ
  • WC 2017 Gold Champ
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMechWarrior Onlinez

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

You gotta learn some firing discipline.

Even if you fire it at its 1.1 second cooldown, it is hands down the best ballistics weapon, for it gives the highest DPS and good range. Even if you time it to 1.5 seconds, its still 3.33 DEEPZ, which is respectable for its weight-crit slots.

I doubt the numbers got tweaked, but if you want to spam nonstop, i recommend using chainfire with 3 UACs (Ilya). I hear it NEVER jams.

#5 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Chain fire just fires at the standard cooldown rate (no double fires), and no it is a HUGE difference from before. I can barely even use my ammo up in a round now it jams so badly.

Edited by Jaxass, 05 March 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#6 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

Absolutely horrible, I played 10 rounds (about all that I could bare) and it was just jam jam jam jam. PGI give me my money back, I don't want this crappy hero mech it's worthless now.

#7 Herr Vorragend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 582 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

I stated this issue already after the last patch. The uac5 is pretty useless as it is now. Mostly all three are jamming from the first shot on. Please take a look a the uac5 before the jagermech comes out. I´d even live with a slower firerate, than having this jamming over and over. The Ilya, it sounds sad yay and it is, is a fail-buy with those weapons as they are recently :/

#8 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

Nice to know that UACs are still in state of crapness.
I'll be driving my R3L and ******* people off as long as they are fixed.
If jamrate is cut in half or jammings are complitely taken away, I'll take my Muro back in the battlefield from mothballs.

Edited by VXJaeger, 06 March 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#9 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

I just took my DDC with 2x UAC5s out for a spin, and noticed no difference.
The two UAC5s don't jam anymore than usual, and STILL melt things even if I group fire them and hold down the button.

The only interesting thing I noticed is that when the UAC unjams itself, it shoots out the shell that jammed it.
This is actually pretty sweet if you are aiming at someone at the time, lol.

#10 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Yeah, they jam significantly more.

#11 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

Something is definitley acting wrong with the UAC5, It seems like when one jams, they all jam, when they unjam, they all just fire a random shot (sometimes causing Friendly fire) which sometimes causes them to all jam immediatley again.

#12 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

View PostKodiak Jorgensson, on 05 March 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

after the jammed period has passed it seems to fire off a round wasting ammo

This is clearly a bug since UAC should only have a chance to jam when trying to fire during cooldown.

#13 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 06 March 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

Yeah, they jam significantly more.

Thank you, someone notices.

#14 Ceesa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 201 posts
  • LocationBoston, USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I just took my Ilya into the testing grounds and on chain first, the UACs never once jammed on the first round after 250 shots. That is, I have three UACs in chain fire, and I just hold down the fire button. It cycles cleanly between all three, never double shotting.

#15 Aratan Aenor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 132 posts
  • LocationWhere Einstein wasn't looking...

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

The dual UACs on my K2 jam maybe once or twice a match, but never on the first shot, and that's with me clicking as fast as my mouse will let me.

#16 Golfin Man

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 162 posts
  • Locationyour flank

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

I love to listen to people complaining about their dakkamets sucking, try hitting precision shots instead of hoping you'll double fire through everything in sight. Can't tell you how many times I've plowed into that juicy XL while some pathetic fool thinks they can fire ten trillion UAC5 rounds before I core through their left/right torso. All this being said even before the patch it seemed like they jammed with a nearly hilarious frequency, guess it's not that funny when you're only defense is three jammed weapons. Chain fire is a thing. So are lasers.

#17 Gandalfrockman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostGolfin Man, on 06 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I love to listen to people complaining about their dakkamets sucking, try hitting precision shots instead of hoping you'll double fire through everything in sight. Can't tell you how many times I've plowed into that juicy XL while some pathetic fool thinks they can fire ten trillion UAC5 rounds before I core through their left/right torso. All this being said even before the patch it seemed like they jammed with a nearly hilarious frequency, guess it's not that funny when you're only defense is three jammed weapons. Chain fire is a thing. So are lasers.

One-I Run my ilya with a std engine.
Two-There is definitley something wrong.

#18 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostCelyth, on 05 March 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

You gotta learn some firing discipline.

Even if you fire it at its 1.1 second cooldown, it is hands down the best ballistics weapon, for it gives the highest DPS and good range. Even if you time it to 1.5 seconds, its still 3.33 DEEPZ, which is respectable for its weight-crit slots.

I doubt the numbers got tweaked, but if you want to spam nonstop, i recommend using chainfire with 3 UACs (Ilya). I hear it NEVER jams.

i think you miss understand. it jams on the first trigger pull of the match literally *Click* JAMMED* im running a single UAC5 on my CN9-D too so i don't tend to double tap it to often.

#19 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Something definitely changed, people are reporting the fire once unjam bug as well after this patch, this is all related. They changed something, they hosed up UACs even worse than before (and they were marginal at best before this patch). Still no acknowledgement from PGI (doubt there will be). I think this is a pretty clear lesson to all the people that paid money for Ilyas, save your money for another game PGI does not deserve it.

#20 Jaxass

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Tried re-installing the game for kicks, nope no difference still excessive jamming. What did you do PGI? Own up....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users