242 replies to this topic

#1 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Go hear him on NGNG: http://nogutsnogalaxy.net/

I honestly don't think that he is a greedy man that isn't willing or able to balance the game and intruduce Pay-to-win.

I think the moneymonkeys told him: "You shall make a cash cow item! Now! Or you WILL get fired and we get an other guy that is doing your job!"

Don't hit the hand, hit the heart.

Paul you are a nice guy, I hope they are not to hard on you!

- NO SUPPORT FOR PAY-TO-WIN -

EDIT: Better link to the podcast! http://nogutsnogalax...asts,devs-beer/

Edited by WolvesX, 06 March 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:42 AM

Wolves.. do you have carpal tunnel yet?

Please, do explain to me how getting to flush 35% heat ONCE in an entire battle compared to 15% heat is a real winning advantage. (I can tell you I won't be buying either pod.. just isn't worth a module in the first place..)

#3 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 06 March 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Wolves.. do you have carpal tunnel yet?

Please, do explain to me how getting to flush 35% heat ONCE in an entire battle compared to 15% heat is a real winning advantage. (I can tell you I won't be buying either pod.. just isn't worth a module in the first place..)

Any advantage you can get with real money is a direct threat to game balance and ruins compedative gaming!

#4 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

So some scrub can can 2 more alphas off in X amount of time...so what.

Have you team play a steady and disciplined game and it will have very little impact overall.

View PostWolvesX, on 06 March 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

Any advantage you can get with real money is a direct threat to game balance and ruins compedative gaming!

I do agree with this though.

If you can get this advantage with Mass C-Bills and whatever MC..I'm fine with it.

#5 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Yup and pandoras box has now been cracked wide open.

#6 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 06 March 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

Have you team play a steady and disciplined game and it will have very little impact overall.

If you can get this advantage with Mass C-Bills and whatever MC..I'm fine with it.

Yeah, how about 8 scurbs using D-DCs and 3Ls all with 4x Tier 3 consumables (Cooling, Artillery, Airstrike, UAV). Please tell me they don`t have distinct advantage...

Maybe we should wait until community warfare when those scubs conquer all the best planets...

Edited by Kmieciu, 06 March 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#7 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Absolutely, cannot agree more. There is no real advantage to getting the 35% vs. the 20%, and the Cbill version can be used twice. Better to use the little ones to avoid shutdown when at the brink then hope the 35% is going to allow you a full alpha before overheating. Think about how this will be used in a practical setting before setting the forums on fire with dozens of raging new threads. We've all seen them, so there's no need to open more. This goes to everyone who wants the front page to be nothing but comsumables and coolant module topics.

-k

#8 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

2 become one... prepare for the merge

#9 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 06 March 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Yeah, how about 8 scurbs using D-DCs and 3Ls all with 4x Tier 3 consumables (Cooling, Artillery, Airstrike, UAV). Please tell me the don`t have distinct advantage...

Maybe we should wait until community warfare when those scubs conquer all the best planets...

Artillery, Airstrike, and UAV are not tier 3 consumables, you get one or the other and they both have strengths and weakneses. Cbill version slightly slower/more damage vs. MC version slightly faster/less damage. Read up on the Artillery/Airstrike thread posted by Garth/Paul before you go assuming.

-k

#10 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 06 March 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

Absolutely, cannot agree more. There is no real advantage to getting the 35% vs. the 20%, and the Cbill version can be used twice. Better to use the little ones to avoid shutdown when at the brink then hope the 35% is going to allow you a full alpha before overheating. Think about how this will be used in a practical setting before setting the forums on fire with dozens of raging new threads. We've all seen them, so there's no need to open more. This goes to everyone who wants the front page to be nothing but comsumables and coolant module topics.

-k

You two guys make so much sense I wanna sign up to your dragon-like faction I don't know the name of immediately. Finally people with common sense and brains.

#11 Sears

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 973 posts
  • LocationU.K

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

Consumables will be the folly of 8 man teams. People still want to churn out c-bills in PUG games so you won't see them much, unless you're mega rich and you and your 4 man group want to just have some laughs.

People didn't play 8 mans to begin with, I can't imagine this changing much.

I was fine with consumables being in game, for both cbills and MC, not so sure on a tier system though.

#12 Matt Minus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

^ This dude must be super poor to be doing so much crying over 10 cents.

#13 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostTexAss, on 06 March 2013 - 05:55 AM, said:

You two guys make so much sense I wanna sign up to your dragon-like faction I don't know the name of immediately. Finally people with common sense and brains.

Draconis Combine? DCMS?

All those who like mechs with swords and Ac 20's raise their hands?

*raises hand*Posted Image

Edited by PANZERBUNNY, 06 March 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#14 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

I said "other than that lame-duck argument" it's still lame duck.

But anyways...here you go.

I can buy Mountainous colors and an appropriate paint-job to compliment my ECM Spider and make me nearly invisible on Alpine.. does that make the Cosmetics Pay-To-Win? Clearly an advantage for being a scout when you can stand in the open at distance in Alpine and view the enemy without danger, when compared to that poor sot with cbill paint schemes that sticks up like a sore thumb...

Clearly, cosmetics are pay to win. (even moreso than the 1-time 20% more coolant flush)

#15 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Juicing up to mountain dew before playing or an energy drink is pay to win...but it's an outside 3rd party source. Is that considered a "hack or "cheat"?

Edited by PANZERBUNNY, 06 March 2013 - 06:01 AM.

#16 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

How about it wasn't a scrub? But instead actually an excellent, highly competitive player, that can predict and time his firing pattern over the 24 seconds he will take to dismantle a fully armoured Atlas in a brawl with his lighter mech before the Atlas can kill him or he overheats as long as that Atlas doesn't also use Coolant Flush?

View PostLivewyr, on 06 March 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I said "other than that lame-duck argument" it's still lame duck.

But anyways...here you go.

I can buy Mountainous colors and an appropriate paint-job to compliment my ECM Spider and make me nearly invisible on Alpine.. does that make the Cosmetics Pay-To-Win? Clearly an advantage for being a scout when you can stand in the open at distance in Alpine and view the enemy without danger, when compared to that poor sot with cbill paint schemes that sticks up like a sore thumb...

Clearly, cosmetics are pay to win. (even moreso than the 1-time 20% more coolant flush)

If only camouflage was that good in the game with its random mission drops and thermal vision. But yes, it could indeed be an issue. But it could still be retified rather easily - just create an (expensive) C-Bill version for each MC color. Others merely have to grind harder.

But if something consumable is advantageous and available for MC, it means that some people can buy the advantage for every single match they fight, and others cannot possibly do so. It's not just that they have to go through a long but finite number of matches until they can afford the uber gear - they will always be forced to run matches without the advantage.

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 06 March 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#17 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 06 March 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

Absolutely, cannot agree more. There is no real advantage to getting the 35% vs. the 20%, and the Cbill version can be used twice. Better to use the little ones to avoid shutdown when at the brink then hope the 35% is going to allow you a full alpha before overheating. Think about how this will be used in a practical setting before setting the forums on fire with dozens of raging new threads. We've all seen them, so there's no need to open more. This goes to everyone who wants the front page to be nothing but comsumables and coolant module topics. -k

My god.

NO IT CAN'T BE "USED TWICE"!!!!

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2006724

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Small Coolant Flush
  • 1 module slot.
  • 1 use per match.
  • Consumed when used.
  • 15% of total heat sink efficiency is cooled when used.
  • 5,000 CB per use.
  • Only one can be equipped.
Medium Coolant Flush
  • 1 module slot.
  • 1 use per match.
  • Consumed when used.
  • 20% of total heat sink efficiency is cooled when used.
  • 7,500 CB per use.
Large Coolant Flush
  • 1 module slot.
  • 1 use per match.
  • Consumed when used.
  • 35% of total heat sink efficiency is cooled when used.
  • 25 per use.
  • Can't be equipped if Small or Medium Cooling flush are currently equipped.
We're still tuning the details, but this is currently in test. Paul is updating the CC post and will added the Arty/Air Strike details.

Seriously, how many times, by how many devs, does this need to be said before people's reading comprehension rises to the level of chimpanzees?!

Edited by Kunae, 06 March 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#18 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostMatt Minus, on 06 March 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

^ This dude must be super poor to be doing so much crying over 10 cents.

In fact I invested 120$ into the game so far...also http://mwomercs.com/...00000-c-billls/

#19 vonWeber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

you can use the 15% one time and the 20% one time. 1+1=2 no?!

#20 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostKunae, on 06 March 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

My god.

NO IT CAN'T BE "USED TWICE"!!!!

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2006724

Seriously, how many times, by how many devs, does this need to be said before people's reading comprehension rises to the level of chimpanzees?!

Thank you, Kunae. Guys, their definition of "used twice" was this: you use the 15%, and then you can use the 20% at another time. It's really just having 2 modules to use, not using the same module 2 times in a match.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users