#101 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 06 March 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

cant be this though getting all sweated over 35% more onetime usable heat dissipation at the cost of one module slot.
if you want to play competitive and thus spending a great deal of time in a game you enjoy spending 10 bucks a month seems like a reasonable investment, dont you think?

Yes. However, this adds a layer on top of competition that goes beyond player ability. This is always bad for competition. Let's not forget about the other proposed consumable modules and the potential for others in the future.

so which one would you be?

You tell me. How we judge ourselves means nothing.

#102 armyof1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostHeeden, on 06 March 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

If the line is crossed on March 19th, it's only because it was crossed when the first hero mech was launched.

I've looked at the Hero mechs and their hardpoints etc in smurfy and honestly I don't think they are superior compared to others mechs in the same weightclass. They are different, some I think are even pretty bad and they have the exp/CBill bonus, but that's like premium time. It saves you time, but it doesn't give you advantages in winning the match.

Edited by armyof1, 06 March 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#103 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 06 March 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

The part were i would disaggree is that there is an advantage in using the flushmodule vs other modules in the game right now at all.

If it wasn't any sort of a balance problem, they why not let free players buy all the same modules and equipment that an MC player can purchase, entirely for C-Bills.

#104 7 Nation Army

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 06 March 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I said "other than that lame-duck argument" it's still lame duck.

But anyways...here you go.

I can buy Mountainous colors and an appropriate paint-job to compliment my ECM Spider and make me nearly invisible on Alpine.. does that make the Cosmetics Pay-To-Win? Clearly an advantage for being a scout when you can stand in the open at distance in Alpine and view the enemy without danger, when compared to that poor sot with cbill paint schemes that sticks up like a sore thumb...

Clearly, cosmetics are pay to win. (even moreso than the 1-time 20% more coolant flush)

If this game comes down to pay-to-win it will be the end of its life. I have to agree with WolvesX. And the flow of hero mechs is somewhat disturbing, I thought these heroes were supposed to be something special and rare, not a hero for every other variant.

In response to livewyr, I have never seen a mech camouflage that was good enough to make a mech undetectable, that is certainly not pay to win, if anything the basic mech green is a great camo for levels like forest colony and even caustic.

PGI needs to make sure that they don't scare away their player base by smothering them with advertisements for the latest and greatest mechs, items and colours. Otherwise MWO will be just like every other internet experience.

#105 vonWeber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 06 March 2013 - 07:46 AM, said:

Yes. However, this adds a layer on top of competition that goes beyond player ability. This is always bad for competition. Let's not forget about the other proposed consumable modules and the potential for others in the future.

You tell me. How we judge ourselves means nothing.

this post - i could like :)

and there are already many layers in a realtime-online game that go beyoond player ability...poor aussies.

#106 Heeden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 06 March 2013 - 07:49 AM, said:

I've had look at the Hero mechs and their hardpoints etc in smurfy and honestly I don't think they are superior compared to others mechs in the same weightclass. They are different, some I think are even pretty bad and they have the exp/CBill bonus, but that's like premium time. It saves you time, but it doesn't give you advantages in winning the match.

I've had a look at the MC versions of consumable and I don't think they are superior compared to the C-bill variations. I'd definitely rather have two smaller flushes rather than one big one at the cost of a module slot, and I'm leaning towards preferring hard+slow strikes over weaker+faster.

#107 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 06 March 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

Any advantage you can get with real money is a direct threat to game balance and ruins compedative gaming!

The thing is friend there is no real compotition in MWO yet unless you have a group of people hand stating all the FFA games? Its not like MWL ot NBT where players have the ability to form drop and play real team based games yet.Who knows PGI might never let it happen and all you get is what we have now a big player ball of FFA battles WHOOO HOOO I GET SO EXCITED escpecially after my 10,000 th ffa game.

#108 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 06 March 2013 - 07:53 AM, said:

this post - i could like :)

and there are already many layers in a realtime-online game that go beyoond player ability...poor aussies.

GREAT SO LETS ADD LOTS MORE!!

#109 Glythe

• 1,566 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 06 March 2013 - 05:42 AM, said:

Please, do explain to me how getting to flush 35% heat ONCE in an entire battle compared to 15% heat is a real winning advantage. (I can tell you I won't be buying either pod.. just isn't worth a module in the first place..)

Remember that 35% is the listed number if you have 10 heat sinks. What if you have 15 heat sinks? The logical conclusion is that you get 50% more right? 1.5 * 35= 52. So you're saying 52% heat flush isn't OP? Allow me to introduce you to the 6 PPC stalker who can now eliminate one mech without overheating per match.

And what if we have DHS? Does that up the ante again?

#110 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 06 March 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

The thing is friend there is no real compotition in MWO yet unless you have a group of people hand stating all the FFA games? Its not like MWL ot NBT where players have the ability to form drop and play real team based games yet.Who knows PGI might never let it happen and all you get is what we have now a big player ball of FFA battles WHOOO HOOO I GET SO EXCITED escpecially after my 10,000 th ffa game.

http://www.runhotordie.com

There's a very competitive league up and running, and there have been several tournaments, and community events as well.

#111 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Kind of surprised the devs have no canned this game or committed suicide over the sheer amount of hate this forum can bring about at times. Still believe that the whole golden flush thing is a step in the wrong direction though.

#112 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostHeeden, on 06 March 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

I've had a look at the MC versions of consumable and I don't think they are superior compared to the C-bill variations. I'd definitely rather have two smaller flushes rather than one big one at the cost of a module slot, and I'm leaning towards preferring hard+slow strikes over weaker+faster.

Nice parroting, but seriously you know an extra module slot is worth a lot now with airstrikes/artillery is coming.

#113 vonWeber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostProtection, on 06 March 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

GREAT SO LETS ADD LOTS MORE!!

at least this one flushes some cash into the developers pockets, thus granting us our game.
and advantages (in my oppinion which is only just that) are situational at best.
if ppc stalkers and splatcats are running wild in cw, they will need to look into this.

#114 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostProtection, on 06 March 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

http://www.runhotordie.com

There's a very competitive league up and running, and there have been several tournaments, and community events as well.

I dont call that a true league when its based on FFA drops and not true 1v1-12v12 drops.My point was it is what it is the devs can balance and unbalance the game as they see fit.MWO is not a true Mechwarrior game as far as many are concerned and untill it is your going to see massive flamming of everything done to the game.As stated when they get it right there will be minimal negitive posts on this forum.

Edited by KingCobra, 06 March 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#115 Sulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 06 March 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

You shall make a cash cow item! Now!

How about a Cash Cow Cockpit Item?

#116 Heeden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

View Postarmyof1, on 06 March 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

Nice parroting, but seriously you know an extra module slot is worth a lot now with airstrikes/artillery is coming.

I also think that if coolant flush is worth having, the ability to use it in two doses is going to be superior to having to use it in one go.

#117 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Everyone is still looking at this wrong it's not about the % that they give the give the same. It is about the Adv that buying it with MC gives after the fact.

8man team uses CB to buy 35% flush all 8 mechs have 3 mod slots. That leaves 1 slot open per mech making 8 slots to be used.

8man team 2 uses MC to buy 35% flush all 8 mechs have 3 mod slots. That leaves 2 slots open per mech. Making 16 open slots to be used.

8-vs-16 you don't see the ADV here then somethings wrong with your math skills.

Edited by Rizzwind, 06 March 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#118 armyof1

• Bad Company
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostHeeden, on 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

I also think that if coolant flush is worth having, the ability to use it in two doses is going to be superior to having to use it in one go.

So good it's worth an extra slot eh, even on Stalker that requires Master to even have 2 slots? Okay, well I have a feeling there won't be a lot of people that share that opinion.

#119 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 06 March 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

at least this one flushes some cash into the developers pockets, thus granting us our game.
and advantages (in my oppinion which is only just that) are situational at best.
if ppc stalkers and splatcats are running wild in cw, they will need to look into this.

No it doesn't, it kills the game. Huge chunks of the community will leave over this, reducing players and reducing revenue, and forever ruining any kind of word of mouth -- MW:O will be Pay2Win forever. The label will be inescapable and true, and will drive potential new players to other games.

#120 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostHeeden, on 06 March 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Assuming that you have two slots perhaps.

If you don't the MC version is clearly and plainly superior.

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users