242 replies to this topic

#201 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostThedrelle, on 06 March 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

There is a spot on this forum to discuss specifically consumables. why are we ignoring the devs and discussing it here?

Do you want your comments, worthless or worthwhile to be missed?

and why hasn't this thread been closed yet?

The OP was not about consumables it was putting blame on the right people. Namely IGP.

#202 Veldrinn

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

Good players generally build heat efficient mechs.

Assume for a moment a guy builds a mech with coolant flush in mind, which is a limited use item, by stacking 5-6 PPCs. This build is going to be hot, so hot that a flush is not going to save them. They might get one or two extra alpha stikes off and then they are boned. This isn't sustainable or practical by any means.

This whole consumables thing seems silly to me.

#203 Corwin Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Thank you IGP for finishing what Microsoft started with the Battletech/Mechwarrior franchise. After the 3 current Battletech/Mechwarrior games funded by you people at IGP, we will never see another Battletech/Mechwarrior game again. Gundam/Armored core games for the win!!

Edited by Corwin Maxwell, 06 March 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#204 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostSuper Mono, on 06 March 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

So we just wait for gold ammo and gold sinks to completely ruin the game before we put a stop to the trend early on. Wonderful idea.

Of course not, but this is not the trend we are seeing. Sure they are offering MC only items, but in every case there are compelling reasons NOT to use them and select something else as an alternative. It's only when there is no compelling alternative that you enter pure P2W.

#205 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 06 March 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

So you are going to eat 16 air-strikes and artillery barrages AND dodge the mechs all with a module induced heat advantage?

You go with your 360* modules.

A: 16 Airstrikes? dafuq you get that from?
B: Only gotta dodge those mechs once, then we're right back to the playing field where my module is still functioning. (no jokes)

#206 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostRizzwind, on 06 March 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

The OP was not about consumables it was putting blame on the right people. Namely IGP.

I fail to see why that is even a topic worth discussing. How does it matter one iota if it is "Bryan's fault" instead of "Paul's fault" or "IGP's fault" instead of "PGI's fault?" Can I give PGI money w/o IGP getting a piece of that? Until I can, it's purely an academic discussion because my choice to support or not support is binary. Either I support the conglomerated mass that is IGP + PGI or I do not support it. Who's "fault" anything happens to be is utterly irrelevant.

Edited by SteelPaladin, 06 March 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#207 Thedrelle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

View PostRizzwind, on 06 March 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

The OP had the right idea, everyone else who decided to post about the current consumables dilemma in this thread did not.

#208 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostSteelPaladin, on 06 March 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

I fail to see why that is even a topic worth discussing. How does it matter one iota if it is "Bryan's fault" instead of "Paul's fault" or "IGP's fault" instead of "PGI's fault?" Can I give PGI money w/o IGP getting a piece of that? Until I can, it's purely an academic discussion because my choice to support or not support is binary. Either I support the conglomerated mass that is IGP + PGI or I do not support it. Who's "fault" anything happens to be is utterly irrelevant.

Money you spend on MWO goes to IGP who then hands it out to the other 2 games.

Edited by Rizzwind, 06 March 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#209 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostBubba Wilkins, on 06 March 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

If you are going to chose the flush consumable, then clearly the MC one results in the best value/slot.

You recognize this, yet you refuse to acknowledge what it is -- paying for power.

View PostLivewyr, on 06 March 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Question:

Assuming we maintain the consumable coolant pod (for the sake of argument, and because we will likely maintain it anyways)

How would you suggest PGI make the MC pod worth buying compared to the Cbill one.

(Spending money only on cosmetics will not keep PGI afloat for the costs of this game...especially now that you can buy them permanently...so don't give me "don't do it.")

If you must have consumables...

Suggestion:

Keep the tier system.
Don't let any of the modules stack.
Tier 1 is 60% effective, Tier 2 is 80% effective, Tier 3 100%.
All tiers purchasable with C-bills and MC
Tier 1 is dirt cheap.
Tier 2 is cheap enough you can make money using it if you have premium or win the match without premium, cuts into profits either way.
Tier 3 is cost prohibitive. You can purchase it with c-bills for important matches, but you'd need the spare bank. Using it in a match means negative income.

End result: Everyone can access the power. If you want to spam **** all day every game like an *****, pay them money and/or have enough c-bills sitting around because you are a space rich son of a *****. Spending money is not required to play in the leagues or anything at the highest level, just playing the game. Idiots will give them money to waste on **** in pug matches (who cares). PGI makes money. People who have tons of 'mechs and c-bills sitting around have a money sink to dump it into, so maybe some of them might be inclined to spend MC later on something that costs C-bills as well (like a new mech) because they don't have enough to buy every variant of every new mech right when it comes out anymore.

#210 Riptor

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Look forward to more MC items that give you a advantage in battle because clearly the Devs have no say anymore about what gets put into the game or not since IGP is in control now.

And IGP is run by suits of the EA class it seems.

#211 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

Long live EA death to the players!

Edited by Rizzwind, 06 March 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#212 Corwin Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

This game was the first and will be the last game i help fund with money and free PR. I had such high hopes and respect for PGI when they came out with this game. Now that IGP has came in and squashed PGI's vision and our hopes. Good bye Battletech/Mechwarrior games of quality and content. Let the lava cannons and force fields loose!

#213 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostProtection, on 06 March 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

You recognize this, yet you refuse to acknowledge what it is -- paying for power.

If you must have consumables...

You miss the forest by focusing on a single tree. The base argument isn't whether you are paying for power, but whether or not you will Pay for one type of Power or choose to use another one which is equally or more powerful in a different way.

#214 Adrian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostCorwin Maxwell, on 06 March 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

This game was the first and will be the last game i help fund with money and free PR. I had such high hopes and respect for PGI when they came out with this game. Now that IGP has came in and squashed PGI's vision and our hopes. Good bye Battletech/Mechwarrior games of quality and content. Let the lava cannons and force fields loose!

They didn't take into account that trust is a consumable too.

#215 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Paul doesn't need defending. What he needs is to make an announcement so the community can settle down.

#216 Nazlfrag

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:25 AM

I see much talk about how this will only help bad players with poor designs. If it is capable of benefitting the worst players in the worst mechs, it will be even stronger in the hands of good pilots in well designed mechs. Coolant may turn out to be useless in practice though, this is all just theorycrafting until it gets tested ingame. Of course, testing this and evaluating it fully will cost real money. I'm fine with playing a beta, fine with all existing MC options but I draw the line at paying to test this game.

#217 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostCorwin Maxwell, on 06 March 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Thank you IGP for finishing what Microsoft started with the Battletech/Mechwarrior franchise. After the 3 current Battletech/Mechwarrior games funded by you people at IGP, we will never see another Battletech/Mechwarrior game again. Gundam/Armored core games for the win!!

I guess you all dont get it (IGP)is(PGI)and(PGI)is(IGP) they have the same owners Russ Bullock and Brian Ekman About Piranha Games, Inc.Posted Image
Piranha Games Inc. was founded in January 2000 by Russ Bullock and Bryan Ekman. Piranha Games is focused on the core action games market and has worked on exciting IPs such as: Need For Speed®, and Transformers® 2: Revenge of the Fallen. Please join us at www.piranha-games.com.

About Infinite Game Publishing Inc.
Infinite Games is a newly formed publisher of AAA online interactive entertainment. Formed by industry vets with a passion for great games, IGP’s leadership is driving online entertainment forward by partnering with best-in-breed developers to bring high-octane excitement to PC gamers everywhere. Official Web site: www.infinitegamepublishing.com.
Read more at http://www.gamershel...Pc8RaOY3qU0v.99

Edit note from Viterbi:
Actually, we're separate companies (IGP is not owned by Russ/Bryan) with a partnership. Regardless, we're working together mutually to create MechWarrior Online.

Edited by Viterbi, 06 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.
Clarified ownership with an edit

#218 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

thread is 100% fail...it's unofficial, not inofficial. simply typing this into MS Word would tell you it's not a word...hell, even in this text box while writing the post it's underlined.

Edited by Penance, 06 March 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#219 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostThontor, on 06 March 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Even the "heat efficient" builds that good players make build up heat... Coolant flush will help them more than it'll help people who design around coolant flush.. Because it will allow them to sustain fire for longer

Incorrect. False rumor. Money you spend on MWO goes to MWO.

check again on what happened to the founders money :lol:

#220 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

I'm going to hit the hand, heart, and every part of the body as much and as often as possible. This is hardly the first bad system he's implemented and this game is a mess.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users