ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostAtheus, on 06 March 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

If you aren't smelling smoke right now you need to get your nose checked.

or know the difference between your neighbor barbaqueing, and the smell of your house actually burning down (though one of my neighbor has nearly burned his house down WHILE barbaqueing....)

firstly, you can achieve the SAME level of cooling without the MC Flush. The only difference is you can't mount it AND another module. And now the big bad cheeze build hexalightning Stalkers can Alpha 51 times in a match versus 50. Wow. Since it is only really an "advantage" in overheat specials, the "advantage" is Marginal at best. Could one conceivably pull a coup de grace with it? Sure. But since half the time these overheat special pilots miss anyhow, it is, again, minor. the only real advantage is that mech can still (usually) mount a capture accelerator or such. By the same Token, if one is paying IRL dollars for something they can basically achieve for free, they should get some MINOR benefit, else why would anyone use it?

When and if I start seeing things like PPC capacitors being added as an MC only option, THEN I will start to raise questions. My only issue as a player with it is I think Coolant Flushes are a crap idea, period. I would prefer they simply not exist at all.

#222 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 06 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

I guess you all dont get it (IGP)is(PGI)and(PGI)is(IGP) they have the same owners Russ Bullock and Brian Ekman About Piranha Games, Inc.Posted Image
Piranha Games Inc. was founded in January 2000 by Russ Bullock and Bryan Ekman. Piranha Games is focused on the core action games market and has worked on exciting IPs such as: Need For Speed®, and Transformers® 2: Revenge of the Fallen. Please join us at www.piranha-games.com.

About Infinite Game Publishing Inc.
Infinite Games is a newly formed publisher of AAA online interactive entertainment. Formed by industry vets with a passion for great games, IGP’s leadership is driving online entertainment forward by partnering with best-in-breed developers to bring high-octane excitement to PC gamers everywhere. Official Web site: www.infinitegamepublishing.com.
Read more at http://www.gamershel...Pc8RaOY3qU0v.99

wow you should check your facts IGP's Kelly Zmak, is President and runs the show. Not Russ or Brian.

#223 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

If your going to use a free source like wiki where even I can make changes you better dig a little deeper

#224 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostThontor, on 06 March 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Its also defense, not defence. But regardless, the OP's spelling skills are irrelevant to this discussion.

Actually, "defence" is a perfectly acceptable spelling of generally British origin. America is not the only country that has a variety of English.

Case in point, the Australian Department of 'Defence': http://www.defence.gov.au/

Edited by SteelPaladin, 06 March 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#225 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostSteelPaladin, on 06 March 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Actually, "defence" is a perfectly acceptable spelling of generally British origin. America is not the only country that has a variety of English.

Just means his not worldly.

#226 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

This, the spelling is normal European English...I don't know about the Aussies and Kiwis.

#227 Penance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

Case in point, the Australian Department of 'Defence': http://www.defence.gov.au/

didn't even notice that.

Mr. Gorbechev, tear down defence.

#228 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostMatt Minus, on 06 March 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

^ This dude must be super poor to be doing so much crying over 10 cents.

And you must be super stupid to:

A: Not see the terrible direction this has nudged the game towards

and to

B: think that our objections are over the amount of money. That, potentially, is the dumbest ******* part of this whole thing. No one who is against RMT only consumables is against it because they "can't afford" them. There are principles at play here that must be beyond the understanding of folks who make comments like yours.

And finally.

COOLANT FLUSH IS ******* STUPID.

Even if it were free, it would still be stupid.

Edited by Viterbi, 06 March 2013 - 11:26 AM.
Removed giant text

#229 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostThontor, on 06 March 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

You mean like in this gamasutra.com article?

Nick foster still is not Russ or Bryan. Thanks for proving king's statement wrong. IGP is it's own thing Not the same as PGI

Edited by Rizzwind, 06 March 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#230 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostBagheera, on 06 March 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

COOLANT FLUSH IS ******* STUPID.

I concur and disagree at the same time.

Coolant flush is a feature of the TT game, and was always a way, even in the older games to cool the mech faster (I think).

the problem is how it's implemented. I think the idea of consumables is laughable, and coolant flush would've been fine to add with a limited number of uses, since mechs have to discharge coolant and carry a limited amount, lessening the amount of coolant they have should now cause mechs to overheat faster...unless you know the pilot wants to get out and fill the radiator with water & anti-freeze.

Edited by Penance, 06 March 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#231 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostThontor, on 06 March 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

What does this have to do with Nick, Russ, or Bryan?

We were discussing what the money you spend on MWO is used for... I just posted a quote clearly saying its used for MWO.

I just wanted to thank you for killing his statement for me makes it easier to counter your posts now.

Edited by Rizzwind, 06 March 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#232 Corwin Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Penance coolant flush has never been a part of TT. Coolant Pods are a technology created later much later in the time line. that acctually are a 1 ton, 1 crit slot equipable piece of equpiment.

#233 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostRizzwind, on 06 March 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Nick foster still is not Russ or Bryan. Thanks for proving king's statement wrong. IGP is it's own thing Not the same as PGI

Well why dont you have Russ and Brian come on this topic and formally claim there not on the board of IGP and are not vested owners? :lol:

#234 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostPenance, on 06 March 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I concur and disagree at the same time. Coolant flush is a feature of the TT game, and was always a way, even in the older games to cool the mech faster (I think). the problem is how it's implemented. I think the idea of consumables is laughable, and coolant flush would've been fine to add with a limited number of uses, since mechs have to discharge coolant and carry a limited amount, lessening the amount of coolant they have should now cause mechs to overheat faster...unless you know the pilot wants to get out and fill the radiator with water & anti-freeze.

In the TT game, the only way (prior to Coolant Pods, which aren't in the timeline yet, btw) to do a coolant flush was if your group had a tanker truck filled with coolant. Your 'Mech had to park by that truck, shut down, and WAIT A LONG TIME while the mechanics changed out the coolant. Nothing at all like 'coolant flush' in this or previous MW titles.

Source: http://www.sarna.net...i/Coolant_Truck

#235 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostThontor, on 06 March 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

I think Ohm gave up in light of Smurfy's doing the same thing and being automatically generated and quickly updated. Ohm's hasn't been updated in over a month.

It's also quite likely that he's much more involved in League of Legends currently than MW:O. The new season started up recently and he did have an item named after him, so he is probably investing a good amount of time with that game.

#236 Corwin Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

I think Rizzwind was just laughing out loud to hard to really see who he was posting a comment to..!!!!! :lol:

#237 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 06 March 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Well why dont you have Russ and Brian come on this topic and formally claim there not on the board of IGP and are not vested owners? :lol:

So now your backtracking on them owning IGP to being board members? Do you even know what a founder is?

a person who establishes an institution, company, society, etc. Not the same thing as a board member now is it.

View PostThontor, on 06 March 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Ok... Is that why there is some confusion? Is Rizz thinking I'm trying to prove PGI and IGP aren't connected? Because I'm not.. I'm just countering the false rumor that money you spent on MWO pays for other games.

Still looking up that statement. I think they archived it on the forums. There was a big deal about it right before open beta. If I have it saved I'll link and post it but I'm still looking.

#238 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostSarah Dalrymple, on 06 March 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

In the TT game, the only way (prior to Coolant Pods, which aren't in the timeline yet, btw) to do a coolant flush was if your group had a tanker truck filled with coolant. Your 'Mech had to park by that truck, shut down, and WAIT A LONG TIME while the mechanics changed out the coolant. Nothing at all like 'coolant flush' in this or previous MW titles.

Source: http://www.sarna.net...i/Coolant_Truck

the Trucks cost extra, imagine if someone had to drive them...

'only 1 teammate left...awww ****...he's in a coolant truck....'

Edited by Kaemon, 06 March 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#239 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostCorwin Maxwell, on 06 March 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

I think Rizzwind was just laughing out loud to hard to really see who he was posting a comment to..!!!!! :lol:

yes yes I was.

View PostKaemon, on 06 March 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

the Trucks cost extra, imagine if someone had to drive them...

'only 1 teammate left...awww ****...he's in a coolant truck....'

that is ******* bad ***

#240 Corwin Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostKaemon, on 06 March 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

the Trucks cost extra, imagine if someone had to drive them... 'only 1 teammate left...awww ****...he's in a coolant truck....'

I can hear his teammates screaming at him to get out of the truck and spray the enemy mechs with coolant and freeze them in place...roflmao!!!

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users