Inofficial Paul Inouye Defence Thread!

242 replies to this topic

#21 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

IMO I'd be more OK with them if they cost more.

Say 50k, 75k and 250MC.

If they're too cheap, everyone will have them.
But on that note, about the only use I can see with them (that I'd use them for anyway) is to override shutdown, get another alpha off, then hit the coolant flush to prevent a self-destruction.

#22 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

There is no defense of it.

#23 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 06 March 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

you can use the 15% one time and the 20% one time. 1+1=2 no?!

That isn't what he was saying. He was talking about using the 20% module twice.

#24 vonWeber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

and nobody said otherwise. so there is someone who needs to work on his reading comprehension.

#25 Star Captain Obvious Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 500 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 06 March 2013 - 05:45 AM, said:

Any advantage you can get with real money is a direct threat to game balance and ruins compedative gaming!

You must really hate the Hero mechs then. Because they broke the game so badly.

There WILL be MC exclusive items in this game. The only thing that makes anything Pay to Win is if the MC exclusive items are far superior to the ones available via C-Bill.

A single coolant flush or artillery strike is probably not game breaking, and it would be best if you wait until its in the game before you complain about it.

#26 vonWeber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostKunae, on 06 March 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

That isn't what he was saying. He was talking about using the 20% module twice.

you were reading this, he did not write it this way. reading comprehension much? u can use them twice. agreed, noone in their right mind would waste 2 module slots for 35% cooling. dunno if i would even use one for it. so many good modules and more to come.

Edited by vonWeber, 06 March 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#27 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

View PostWolvesX, on 06 March 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

In fact I invested 120$ into the game so far...also http://mwomercs.com/...00000-c-billls/

*jaw drops* holy... You have a LOT of free time Wolves.
Thank you for putting some of it into defending the staff. I agree, it's not individuals who are the source of our discontent, a lot of them have nothin to do with it. I suspect a marketing team that isn't very time invested in the game is behind this.

#28 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

View PostEldragon, on 06 March 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

You must really hate the Hero mechs then. Because they broke the game so badly.

There WILL be MC exclusive items in this game. The only thing that makes anything Pay to Win is if the MC exclusive items are far superior to the ones available via C-Bill.

A single coolant flush or artillery strike is probably not game breaking, and it would be best if you wait until its in the game before you complain about it.

Hero Mechs are just different, not better.

#29 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

View PostWolvesX, on 06 March 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

Hero Mechs are just different, not better.

Mostly. However the line is getting smaller with the X-5 being the only cicada to mount missiles

Edited by Team Leader, 06 March 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#30 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 06 March 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

yeah and he was the only one, calling out people for stating the truth. u can use them twice. agreed, noone in their right mind would waste 2 module slots for 35% cooling. dunno if i would even use one for it. so many good modules and more to come.

In this thread, perhaps, but he's the latest in the long line, since Monday who couldn't seem to grasp this simple fact.

#31 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostTeam Leader, on 06 March 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Mostly. However the line is getting smaller with the X-5 being the only cicada to mount missiles

Two tube launchers, you can't use SRM6s to useful effect, and SSRMs are even less useful due to ECM.

Side grade, if I was going to drive a non-ECM Cicada, I'd use the -2A

#32 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 06 March 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I said "other than that lame-duck argument" it's still lame duck.

But anyways...here you go.

I can buy Mountainous colors and an appropriate paint-job to compliment my ECM Spider and make me nearly invisible on Alpine.. does that make the Cosmetics Pay-To-Win? Clearly an advantage for being a scout when you can stand in the open at distance in Alpine and view the enemy without danger, when compared to that poor sot with cbill paint schemes that sticks up like a sore thumb...

Clearly, cosmetics are pay to win. (even moreso than the 1-time 20% more coolant flush)

Cosmetics are not pay to win because you have SENSORS and HEAT VISION. Both of which negate visible light camo.

#33 Obeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostTeam Leader, on 06 March 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

As an X-5 owner, I can tell you without a doubt it is stil sub-par compared to a Raven 3L.

#34 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostMatt Minus, on 06 March 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

^ This dude must be super poor to be doing so much crying over 10 cents.

A little quick math for you!

Let's say you are not buying your MC $100 at a time, but go with the $30 package. That's 6,500 MC for $30, or $0.0046 per MC. That's 11.54 cents per consumable. Just want to start with an accurate figure here.

There will be 3 different consumables. Let's say you use 2 per match, on average. If you're going to devote module slots to them, you're probably going to use them, right? Otherwise you'd be using some non-consumable module, so on average, you're spending 23.08 cents per match. This is where you get to do a little math for yourself!

Take the number of matches you have played so far, then multiply that by 0.2308.

That's how much money you would have spent on consumables so far, based on your current play habits! For me, I haven't played much since mid-December, but regardless I have played about 2,000 matches. With consumables, that would have cost me exactly $230.77 for approximately 3.5 months of gameplay (sept-dec) ON TOP of any other expenses (mech bays, hero mechs, customizations). Surely you can appreciate this sum of money? Are you happy with the idea that you'll have to spend $1000+/yr. to fight on a level playing field with the competition?

#35 vonWeber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostKunae, on 06 March 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

In this thread, perhaps, but he's the latest in the long line, since Monday who couldn't seem to grasp this simple fact.

sorry, had too edit my post because of stupid. you were reading this into his post, he did not write it this way. he said you can use the small ones one time each and so prevent shutdown 2 times instead of one big flush.
so no, nobody in this thread actualy stated "u can use the 20% one twice".
so no need to overreact and call people primates ore something :)

#36 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

View PostAtheus, on 06 March 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Let's say you are not buying your MC $100 at a time, but go with the $30 package. That's 6,500 MC for $30, or $0.0046 per MC. That's 11.54 cents per consumable. Just want to start with an accurate figure here.

There will be 3 different consumables. Let's say you use 2 per match, on average. If you're going to devote module slots to them, you're probably going to use them, right? Otherwise you'd be using some non-consumable module, so on average, you're spending 23.08 cents per match. This is where you get to do a little math for yourself!

Take the number of matches you have played so far, then multiply that by 0.2308.

That's how much money you would have spent on consumables so far, based on your current play habits! For me, I haven't played much since mid-December, but regardless I have played about 2,000 matches. With consumables, that would have cost me exactly $230.77 for approximately 3.5 months of gameplay (sept-dec) ON TOP of any other expenses (mech bays, hero mechs, customizations). Surely you can appreciate this sum of money? Are you happy with the idea that you'll have to spend $1000+/yr. to fight on a level playing field with the competition?

Your numbers are wrong right off the bat, since you can't mount 2 of the consumables that you can buy with MC. The only ones you can mount 2 of both cost c-bills, so are essentially free.

Unless you're talking about using a MC-bought coolant flush and a MC-bought Arty strike.
In that case, I think you're pretty dopey, but good on ya for supporting MWO.

#37 vonWeber

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 192 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostAtheus, on 06 March 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

correct math. false assumptions. (hint: you wont need to spent $1000+/yr to fight on a level playing field).

#38 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostBDU Havoc, on 06 March 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

Unless you're talking about using a MC-bought coolant flush and a MC-bought Arty strike.
In that case, I think you're pretty dopey, but good on ya for supporting MWO.

I've spent right around $500 bucks on paint bays and hero mechs.

I HAVE support MWO, but I refuse to give them a red cent if MC only consumables exist.

View PostvonWeber, on 06 March 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

correct math. false assumptions. (hint: you wont need to spent $1000+/yr to fight on a level playing field).

yeah so what are the next MC onlys going to be. Because if this flies I assure you there will be more.

#39 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostObeast, on 06 March 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

As an X-5 owner, I can tell you without a doubt it is stil sub-par compared to a Raven 3L.

Everything is sub-par compared to a raven 3L

#40 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostvonWeber, on 06 March 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

Some people will though. I've done 1200 matches, that's 270 dollars if I'm buying consumables.

And someone is going to be paying that.

And I'm assuming the more coordinated corps will have 8 people do that.

it's rediculous.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users