So, Thats Why The Last Patch Brought Over Heat Issues

18 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

I have been keeping careful records of my builds (I'm new) mostly as they pertain to overheating but also to income per match, what works what doesn't so I dont make repeat mistakes......and as I'm sure others have noticed this last patch brought a new dynamic to how my mechs over heat, how much more quickly they over heat. And how they cool down slower.........

All makes sense now, they're going to sell a way to cool it off. Excellent ;)

#2 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

.. You sir, are crazy. My Mechs cool down just as well as before. The consumable of Coolant Flush is a 1 time thing, so it would be a bad idea to develop heat issues around it.

#3 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 07 March 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

.. You sir, are crazy. My Mechs cool down just as well as before. The consumable of Coolant Flush is a 1 time thing, so it would be a bad idea to develop heat issues around it.

And we all know that every idea they have had was great so far.

#4 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

aw penguin, that was cute

#5 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Which way do you guys put the tinfoil in your hats? Shiny side in or out? I think out is more effective at blocking the mind control rays but I could see it the other way to keep my alpha waves secret. :)

#6 xDeityx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostThatDawg, on 07 March 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

I have been keeping careful records of my builds (I'm new) mostly as they pertain to overheating but also to income per match, what works what doesn't so I dont make repeat mistakes......and as I'm sure others have noticed this last patch brought a new dynamic to how my mechs over heat, how much more quickly they over heat. And how they cool down slower.........

All makes sense now, they're going to sell a way to cool it off. Excellent :)

Got any evidence whatsoever, or is this just a baseless conspiracy post?

#7 Zero Neutral

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

All makes sense now, they're going to sell a way to cool it off. Excellent :)

Nope.avi

You are about as crazy as...

Posted Image

Edited by Zero Neutral, 07 March 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#8 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

Posted Image

#9 Sierra19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

The biggest problem I see, is people don't know how to control their heat output. A LOT of players are putting high damage weapons on their mechs, ones that also have a tendency to blow up or overheat your mech rather quickly. Then they run around shooting, sending their heat level up to 60-70% in one salvo, bitching about how stupid/broken the heat mechanic is. This game isn't as simple as "put the biggest/highest damage weapon you can fit on your mech, then go around and blow stuff up" You have to have the right mix of heatsinks and weapons, and cycle them appropriately, so you don't over heat. The "stock" weapons any particular mech are there for a reason. With proper cycling, overheating isn't much of an issue, especially once you put double heat sinks on. The price of bigger/higher damage weapons on a given chassis, is screwing up your heat curve. Spend more time playing your mechs, and less time complaining about how the game doesn't work like you want it to, and you'll figure out that certain sacrifices have to be made for the particular "OP build" that you want to run.

#10 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

All makes sense now, they're going to sell a way to cool it off. Excellent ;)

Thank god there is Dilaudid for the Deluded. You sir, should get some soon. :)

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 07 March 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

And we all know that every idea they have had was great so far.

They have not changed the Heat scale one iota, so what is yours, and the OP's point again? To mask a Consumables QQ under of veil of bs? Sorry, your busted. Both of you. Move on already. :(

Edited by MaddMaxx, 07 March 2013 - 07:10 AM.

#11 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

I haven't noticed any difference in the heat performance of my mechs. Almost all my builds are energy based and run hot, so I would notice a degradation in heat performance immediately.

Seriously, this whole coolant flush thing is a tempest in a tea cup imo. The coolant flush module is going to be completely useless in practice. A small heat dump once or twice per match? Useless.

#12 Chaos7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 133 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Dude ... turn off the heating in your room.

#13 deforce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 616 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

this is coming one patch after they BUFFED energy weapons with MUCH less heat :/

you can't just spam 9 med lasers non stop, raking them across the entire screen hoping to hit enemeies and not overheat.

#14 urmamasllama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

what the op is noticing is that lasers now go on cooldown at the beginning of the fire cycle making them recycle a whole second faster than last patch. if you don't believe me go test it in the testing grounds

#15 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

i can notice a difference but i don't think it's what OP said. it's because state rewind so it's unrelated to coolant

i believe ppc shots are hitting me more often now and when i'm overheated they can send me over the line (they do heat dmg)
so i explode.
that's nobody's fault but mine, really.

i don't know if lasers do heat damage but large ones i suspect do too

#16 Star Colonel Mustard Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

View Posturmamasllama, on 07 March 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

what the op is noticing is that lasers now go on cooldown at the beginning of the fire cycle making them recycle a whole second faster than last patch. if you don't believe me go test it in the testing grounds

It ONLY works like that in the testing grounds though. That bug (and a few other bugs) don't occur in the actual game.

#17 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

sorry to OP, but same heat performance to me from before patch....

#18 Chunkylad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 295 posts
  • LocationIn a place called reality.

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

I have played since closed beta, it cools exactly the same. Stop using minimum standard heatsinks pl0x.

Edited by Chunkylad, 07 March 2013 - 11:06 AM.

#19 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

All makes sense now, they're going to sell a way to cool it off. Excellent <_<

If anyone would like to provide technical feedback regarding their Mech's heat accumulation and heat dissipation, then please do so in the Patch Feedback section of the forums: http://mwomercs.com/...patch-feedback/

Include any information you can provide, such as your Mech's upgrades, equipment, weapons, etc, and the map.

That way the developers and the rest of the community can see if there is, indeed, and change in heat between the patches.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users