ISN News Flash

17 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

Sat. Nov 5, 3048: Lockheed-CBM’s Sandpiper research team proposes updating venerable Warrior Attack Helicopter with recovered technology.

#2 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

VTOL's hmmmm

#3 Spice

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVGL Labs

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 November 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

Sat. Nov 5, 3048: Lockheed-CBM’s Sandpiper research team proposes updating venerable Warrior Attack Helicopter with recovered technology.

Hrm, this has me wonder what would the equivalent of a 'Spectre' would be in here as a support platform.
Small dropship with the pod/mech bays converted into fire platforms?

#4 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

lol Spice, you need a bigger sig.

#5 centurian

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

So....theres going to be aircraft aswell? YAAAAAY!

#6 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

*plink plink*

#7 Lio Lio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport News Virginia

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:46 AM

View PostSpice, on 06 November 2011 - 05:47 PM, said:

Hrm, this has me wonder what would the equivalent of a 'Spectre' would be in here as a support platform.
Small dropship with the pod/mech bays converted into fire platforms?

Orbiting Warship?

#8 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

Posted Image
The Warrior H-8 - First proposed in July 3048, the H-8 upgrade uses recovered technology to enhance the Warrior's performance. The main change is replacing the old ICE with a lighter Lockheed 105 Micro Fusion Fusion Engine, with the autocannon replaced by a Longfire V LRM-5 and two Hovertech Streak SRM-2 launchers in place of the older SRM-4. Protection is improved with a switch to Ferro-Fibrous plating, originally Kallon Unity Weave sourced from the Kallon Industries facility in the Wernke-Talon system.

I think a lot of people underestimate the usefulness of vehicles. The Warrior is a fragile but useful fast-attack scout.

#9 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

Alright, with the kind of news being put out about vehicles and projects and 'Mechs, I'm really becoming even more curious, here. I don't suppose we could get these announcements in digest form in email, could we, without having to come to the forums?

#10 Dmitri Valenov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

I think they the News Flashes on Twitter, but I don't know about a mailing list.

#11 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

Yeah, but as one who finds Facebook barely tolerable, I don't use Twitter. Am I to be left out for my choices? A newsletter is not all that hard to implement, and even the Twitter feeds could go out over email through the news letter. If that option could be added to all of the other things we're allowed to set up notifications for receipt for, then perhaps it would be better, so I could get ONLY word from the devs.

Oh, and the login for this site needs to be fixed. Getting real old having to log in every ten minutes or so.

#12 Kaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

RSS feed please.

#13 Spice

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVGL Labs

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:27 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 07 November 2011 - 12:02 PM, said:

Oh, and the login for this site needs to be fixed. Getting real old having to log in every ten minutes or so.</p>

Hellooooo off topic.Odd even with all my security stuff I have zero login timeout issues.
Even forbidding the mwomercs.com scripts and cookies lets me stay logged in.

Anyhoo back to on topic.

I really do hope this is a precursor to players being able to use vehicles either at start or later on.
I could see leaving them outbecause of lag or network issues, but if possible... yay!

Edited by Spice, 10 November 2011 - 08:28 AM.

#14 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

View PostSpice, on 10 November 2011 - 08:27 AM, said:

Hellooooo off topic.Odd even with all my security stuff I have zero login timeout issues. Even forbidding the mwomercs.com scripts and cookies lets me stay logged in.

Anyhoo back to on topic.
Hellooooo, and? You're the only one.

I really do hope this is a precursor to players being able to use vehicles either at start or later on.
I could see leaving them outbecause of lag or network issues, but if possible... yay!
I don't think it would be because of lag or network issues, honestly. From these ISN News Updates, it would seem we're going to get a mixed back of armaments to play with and, if the devs remain true to what they said initially, maybe some of the new content packs will be dedicated to adding more mixed bag canon battlements, including vehicles. I think it would be neat to fly an aerospace fighter, myself.

#15 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

I think it would be cool to have some vees as part of a commander's option, like artillery/airstrikes: deployed with AI for missions. Only, unlike the previous MW games, make the VTOLs extremely fast and hard to hit (unless you have an LB-X autocannon).

#16 Spice

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVGL Labs

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 10 November 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

I don't think it would be because of lag or network issues, honestly. From these ISN News Updates, it would seem we're going to get a mixed back of armaments to play with and, if the devs remain true to what they said initially, maybe some of the new content packs will be dedicated to adding more mixed bag canon battlements, including vehicles. I think it would be neat to fly an aerospace fighter, myself.

That was always our problem in the past. Not to mention it pulled programmer time from other projects that would then back burner them. On the white board it would be 2-3 vehicles and the code to work them in, or 4-5 new mech/variants and a map or two. After a while it became a decision on which variant types and the vehicles just left the board.

Now a new company and series of developers have it, and we'll see where their vision takes it. We will see how much these ISN bits are other than flavor. When there is more out with details than just the show off stuff that exists, we will know for sure. Any guessing ahead of time is just that, guessing.

Edited by Spice, 12 November 2011 - 02:34 PM.

#17 Tibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 229 posts
  • Locationohio

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

love the info guys)

#18 Harrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 November 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:

I hope they'll put serious effort into integrating support units such as artillery and air support in a meaningful way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users