#101 Duncan Morales

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNew Eden; Firefall +1

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 08 March 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

You can always create a new account in the desired region of play.

Sorry guy´s but are you kidding me? This will rip the community appart and the game will die...

Edited by Duncan Morales, 10 March 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#102 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

I appreciate that my question was answered. Thank you.

I like this feature please keep it up.

#103 Phlyk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

I have set of a thread to discuss the issue of the split servers. Please could you share your thoughts there and vote in the poll.

Thank you

http://mwomercs.com/...6-server-split/

#104 Slater01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

Sounds as if Community Warfare is going to be deep/large development.
Thanks Garth & Paul.

#105 Arnold Carns

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • LocationBielefeld, NRW, Germany

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 09 March 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

Paul, I noticed that everything that was asked you either said "no plans" or "we aren't working on it". So what exactly ARE you guys working on? Obviously maps. but please don't say it's something as half baked as consumables because everybody and their dog knows how desperate you guys are for more players.

Look at the "News" and you'll find the answer what they're workin on currently:
Camos, Bobbleheads and 'Mech discounts.

Sorry guys, but until you finally get sorted your things out and finally start to fix bugs beeing in there for month and flaws that enrages the majority of this community you won't see even a penny from me!

Regarding the ClanTech-question answer: three days ago, on the 7th of March 3050, Clan Gost Bear's 3rd Bear Striker Cluster launched it's assault on Thule (FRR). In ten days "in the early hours" of the 20th of March 3050 Clan Wolf's 4th Wolf Guards Cluster will start to launch it's assault on Icar (FC).

"What is the timeline of MechWarrior Online?

The game is set in a 1:1 timeline with the BattleTech universe, meaning that the current year 2013 equates to 3050 in BattleTech lore and each day that passes in real life also passes in the game. This means we are on the brink of the upcoming Clan invasion and utilizing the latest in technology available in the 3049 timeframe."

So you're already late and it's more than obvious that you can't keep up with the timeline anymore. Which btw has already been obvious when you went into Open Beta! So an answer like " we don't have started to work on ClanTech yet cuz there's still too many stuff to fix, sorry guys" wouldn't have hurt PGI's rep that much than your "politician style" answer.

Edited by Arnold Carns, 10 March 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#106 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

View Postslide, on 08 March 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Sorry Paul I like your work but you screwed the pooch on this one.

He was probably in a bad mood... :)

#107 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

For Suggestions Forum:

Don't let Paul or Garth do ATD. Ever. Leave it with Bryan,

#108 Eric Generic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

armyunit: Are there plans to release a 64-bit version of the game sometime in the future?

A: No plans currently.

Who runs 32 bit anymore?

#109 Cpt Jason McCarthy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSomewhere ...

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 08 March 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Questions From: The Community
Answers: Bryan Ekman - Creative Director - Piranha Games Inc.

#110 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostGunther Nhilathok, on 10 March 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

armyunit: Are there plans to release a 64-bit version of the game sometime in the future?

Who runs 32 bit anymore?

Most of the software you run is 32-bit, actually.

#111 Deamhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 484 posts
  • Location4 Wing Cold Lake

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Yay my post was answered......

"You shouldn't"?....*facepalm*.

Kinda vague don't ya think?

We shouldn't because...........

#112 KaneDeathForge

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWith in Clan Ghost Bear

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

ok sorry but when you gonna fix your c-bill system. aka 6 wins still alive and actuly did some dammage or captureing = 0 c-bills but do nothing and lose and earn say 10k half the time. you all are makeing me want to makeit so my team loses. i am close to gunning down my team so i can upgrade my darn mech. i did not have this problem till your march update.? if i have to play to much longer like this i will be known for killing my own teams.

Edited by KaneDeathForge, 10 March 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#113 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostSgtKinCaiD, on 08 March 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

LoL, you just slap the face of all the non NA players.
And as for the ELO ratings, it seems you don't play the game at all.

OK, first latency on the internet is BEYOND human control at a point so they cant fix the fact that your signal takes 2 to 4 times as long as mine to get to the server. SO they offer you a regional server so you can have a play experience similar to mine but the caveat is you have to play with others that are on that server and this is a slap in the face?

You might try saying thank you and decide if you want to play with lag or play regionally instead of giving them grief for trying to help your experience out. sheesh, what a bunch of entitled children some of your are.

Now, they owe me CW now! ;-)

#114 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostKaneDeathForge, on 10 March 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

ok sorry but when you gonna fix your c-bill system. aka 6 wins still alive and actuly did some dammage or captureing = 0 c-bills but do nothing and lose and earn say 10k half the time. you all are makeing me want to makeit so my team loses. i am close to gunning down my team so i can upgrade my darn mech. i did not have this problem till your march update.? if i have to play to much longer like this i will be known for killing my own teams.

troll much? I play, apparently a lot more than you because I know what the reward system is and a loss where you do something is always worth 50k give or take. A win where you do very little is only worth about 90k and when you really outdo yourself around 150k - if you are on premium time this is of course 50% higher. Earn it.

View PostGunther Nhilathok, on 10 March 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

Who runs 32 bit anymore?

Anyone playing MWO, Mass effect, Skyrim, oh you were just being a troll...sorry.

#115 Rayspace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 191 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostDuncan Morales, on 10 March 2013 - 05:56 AM, said:

Sorry guy´s but are you kidding me? This will rip the community appart and the game will die...

I disagree with that statement. The european and other communities have been complaining about their play experience for a long time and now that PGI is offering you your very own playground for a better experience, you are apparently all bent on how horrible it is of them to offer you the choice! really?

As for destroying the community, I believe there are enough players in the primary time zones to support it, but maybe I am wrong, the EU server will die and you will be back to playing on the NA server. So you can support a better play experience for regional players or stubbornly stay on the NA server with a bad experience so you wont be stuck on a server with no population which is what it sounds like you are really complaining about.

#116 KaneDeathForge

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWith in Clan Ghost Bear

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

i understand how it is soposto work. that is not the problem. the problem lies with earning no c-bills at all for matchs. where i do my part bust my rear and some how make it out of the match alive. i am only makeing in game cash for the losses where in all terms should not the last amount of c-bills i got are from. the match my net was runing slow and by the time i loaded in and had control it said its little speach of me being ready and i was dead 1 second later. that is my question. since when do you get cbills for that kind of loss but when you actly have 3 kills 1 assist and 2 of the kills where savior kills get no cash at all? and thanks for makeing me a troll

and i do keep a writen account of my c-bills so what you know and what i keep on paper is different i guess

Edited by KaneDeathForge, 10 March 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#117 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostHarusee, on 10 March 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

... The european and other communities have been complaining about their play experience for a long time and now that PGI is offering you your very own playground for a better experience ...

I shortened you post for space concerns ... if you think I'm taking something out of context, it's not my intent ...

I like the idea of regional servers because, with an average of 200 ping, the lag is sometimes frustrating. The recent changes to laser hit detection seems to be making a significant difference (noticable to me both shooting at and piloting fast light mechs), but warping is still very occasionally an issue. This is one of the minor reasons I waited until February to really start playing ... I didn't want my game experience to be "bad" (currently, it's not) or to be one of the "lag shielded lights exploiting the system."

However, once community warfare is implemented, it should be universal, and not isolated to each region. Also, I'd like the option of playing with friends in either Australia/Asia or North America. The answers provided to date about an option to irrevocably move your account from the NA servers to another regional server, and if you want to play on both, open a new account, are BS.

Give me the option at login to choose my host server ... let me choose which is more important to me, slick and seamless gameplay on a nearby server, or playing with friends on one farther away.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 10 March 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#118 Feircus Blacktooth

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNorthwind

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

New missions and new scenarios are not on the forefront? So, when CW finally does arrive, we will still have the same assault and capture map missions? To me, if the only thing to fight for is bragging rights, then this game has become just another FPS. Mechwarrior has more life in it than this.

#119 Varancar

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 10 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

I shortened you post for space concerns ... if you think I'm taking something out of context, it's not my intent ...

I like the idea of regional servers because, with an average of 200 ping, the lag is sometimes frustrating. The recent changes to laser hit detection seems to be making a significant difference (noticable to me both shooting at and piloting fast light mechs), but warping is still very occasionally an issue. This is one of the minor reasons I waited until February to really start playing ... I didn't want my game experience to be "bad" (currently, it's not) or to be one of the "lag shielded lights exploiting the system."

However, once community warfare is implemented, it should be universal, and not isolated to each region. Also, I'd like the option of playing with friends in either Australia/Asia or North America. The answers provided to date about an option to irrevocably move your account from the NA servers to another regional server, and if you want to play on both, open a new account, are BS.

Give me the option at login to choose my host server ... let me choose which is more important to me, slick and seamless gameplay on a nearby server, or playing with friends on one farther away.

I agree. I don't mind regional servers, but allow us to pick which server when we log in, or allow us to tick an option in the matchmaking mode for say 'favour same region'. So ELO/Weight matchmaking will take place in addition to pings. If no match can be found then expand to include other regions.

Ours stats etc should be the same on either server. Community Warfare map/metadata should be shared across regional servers as well.

I believe this will then not fragment the player base

#120 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostVarancar, on 10 March 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

I agree. I don't mind regional servers, but allow us to pick which server when we log in, or allow us to tick an option in the matchmaking mode for say 'favour same region'. So ELO/Weight matchmaking will take place in addition to pings. If no match can be found then expand to include other regions.

Ours stats etc should be the same on either server. Community Warfare map/metadata should be shared across regional servers as well.

I believe this will then not fragment the player base

I like this idea but these posts should be in the suggestions/comments portion of the forum (more visibility for these). I do agree that splitting the servers would not be a good idea. I myself would appreciate it if there was a way for players to choose regions without having to migrate. I also understand what would be necessary to keep the two servers "synchronized" as well as trying to keep some exploits from happening.

Another game I play infrequently now (MWO > than this) has regional servers as well being split between two servers yet again. This split makes playing with friends (even on the other side of the country) bothersome and time consuming due to having to "start over".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users