• 2,342 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

It's like the Awesome, Dragon, Hunchback, or Spider, except more so :P

#22 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Its important to note that you could put an XL engine in it and still mount an AC/20.

#23 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

The problem with the UrbanMech is: it is the most common light mech in the IS. Actually, it is the most numerous mech in the IS for all weights. So, you can't just ignore it.

But it would be indeed useless in MWO. You can't be small and slow in this game.

#24 Traigus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

I was in a convention TT event one time. 5 on 5 with scenario decided mechs. We had to defend a massive tabletop city.

50% of our team was Urbies.

25% was light vehicles. and infantry (mostly APCs to move infantry).

25% were a lights and damaged lashed-up mediums that were in the city top be repaired... mostly scouts and seriously thrashed mechs We did have one hunchie though, and they are murder on the alleyway mugging.

Enemy had 4x our BV. Though their heaviest was only a 75 tonner.

The team that lasted the longest on the map while fighting to the last man (with tie breaker being actual damage counts) across 9 playthroughs )by different teams) that weekend would win the first place prize of soem BT goodies. The attacking team that cleaned out the defenders in the fastest time, got goodies. (there was 1st thru 3rd prizes on both sides)

My team and another team actually won.

Urbies are cheap and excellent vs linfantry and light vehicles.

When the enemy spotted some of our Urbies they had a good laugh... and didn't take them seriously. It was like a zombie movie. They were everywhere. And where they weren't... were a hunchie and 2 panthers.

One of the most fun TT experiences I ever had.

Edited by Traigus, 08 March 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#25 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostOdanan, on 08 March 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

But it would be indeed useless in MWO. You can't be small and slow in this game.

Your engine isn't static in this game, though. You could very well alter its engine and make it move much faster.

#26 Osski

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSouth Lousiana, USA, baby!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

View PostProtection, on 08 March 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

Excellent. Most excellent. THIS is as good a reason as any to include the Urbanmech.

Besides....what's wrong with one more 'mech to choose from? I don't understand the argument for discluding things from the game. The more the merrier, right? And really who cares if you get your Madcat a couple months later than you wanted because they put this little beast in.

The Urbanmech is for oldschoolers who love the lore of the game, so if you don't understand why people would want it included, that means you are here for the game itself and nothing more. There's nothing wrong with that at all, don't get me wrong, but to even ask this question shows that you haven't considered that the game has a long and storied history that goes far beyond MWO.

#27 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostOdanan, on 08 March 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

But you can TRY

#28 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

I want one just to sit in my hanger. Like so many of my other mechs. Really only need one, make it a hero spider (or any light) with its own config.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 08 March 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#29 Paula Fry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 521 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Its Vintage^^

#30 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

So are many players, but we let them play, anyhow.

I want one purely for the lol. Not everything has to be awesome to enjoy it.

#31 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostFupDup, on 08 March 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

That Titan is only about half of the size that it should be. :unsure:

An Urbie would barely graze the top of a toe if an Imperator titan. Those things are freaking huge

*edit* oh yea, only nutters like the urbie :D

Edited by KharnZor, 08 March 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#32 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

clue is in the title it's excellent for urban enviroments jj capable and small it can pop around corners and put on a big punch for it's size, the problem is MWO isn't weight restrictive and feilding urbies was exactly for that reason, small and cheap.

believe me if i was in a mech of 35 tons or under i would want to avoid one just as much as a hunchi or something in the streets of rivercity. ac10/20 to the face.

still if no one thinks it has any strong points then if you qq on forums about being killed by urbies i will just laugh at you.

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 08 March 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#33 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 08 March 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

clue is in the title it's excellent for urban enviroments jj capable and small it can pop around corners and put on a big punch for it's size, the problem is MWO isn't weight restrictive and feilding urbies was exactly for that reason, small and cheap.

believe me if i was in a mech of 35 tons or under i would want to avoid one just as much as a hunchi or something in the streets of rivercity. ac10/20 to the face.

still if no one thinks it has any strong points then if you qq on forums about being killed by urbies i will just laugh at you.

Exactly!

#34 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

Only Urbie can save the Universe. :unsure:

Its a pure for the Lulz Hero, and something for the Cracks who maybe would try to give him a playable confi.

#35 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

i would pay for a hero urbie in an instant. just so i could wreck people in a trashcan and lol at them for it.

#36 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Scenario: 8 stock urbies vs 8 stock atlas frozen city cave. My money would be on urbies. Diciplined, you know they fearless aleady (they are urbie pilots). All 8 of those ******** are going to fit line abreast...... where you could only fit 2 atlas. The atlas on the other hand can't aim around the front line atlas.......meanwhile all 8 urbies got a clean shot on the front line, and thats without using jump jets.

Now im just giving you a "unfair" 8 vs 8. Tonage wise you talking 3.33? urbies per atlas.

As is..... you can "make" a urbie right now, only it would prob be a less armored version. I've made one with a spider, gonna try to make one with a raven tonite. Ive gone lick for lick in a SPIDER much to the horror of an assault. And this was a streached out attempt to make a stock urbie.

Endo steel, ferro on a real urbie?.......

You think you can kill Urbanmech? :unsure:

The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Urbie gots friends in every system and planet from here to Strana Mechty, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the ULTRA AC/20 already. :D

#37 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, try out the 100 engine AC/10 spider, with 2 jump jets. It is not bad.

#38 Team Leader

• 3,222 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostZnSeventeen, on 08 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

Yeah, try out the 100 engine AC/10 spider, with 2 jump jets. It is not bad.

That is actually how I ground my way to elite. It was both the most frustrating series of games in my experience here and the most extreme

#39 Kurayami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 916 posts
  • LocationSochi

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

In right hands anything can be useful. While it will indeed be hard with urbie i wouldn't go as far as to say it will be useless. JJ small size little crits 360 torso twist and since it don't have additional actuators fast convergence will make it a very good ** mech. Also there were many "just for loolz" variants like arrow artillery urbie etc

P D is for point defense =_= why it was censored?

Edited by Kurayami, 08 March 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#40 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostUtilyan, on 08 March 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Urbie gots friends in every system and planet from here to Strana Mechty, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the ULTRA AC/20 already. :unsure:

You win for best movie reference on the forums Dr Jones.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users