• LocationVancouver

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Posted Image

#82 ragingmunkyz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostTerror Teddy, on 09 March 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

To troll people on the battlefield who underestimates them?

This times a thousand. That was all I could think when I read the OP. I want to shame people so bad they have to quit the game when I kill them with my adorable waddling trashcan of doom.

#83 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

View Postragingmunkyz, on 09 March 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

This times a thousand. That was all I could think when I read the OP. I want to shame people so bad they have to quit the game when I kill them with my adorable waddling trashcan of doom.

The only folks who might get shamed is noobs. Same time I think a URBANMECH might be the best training a noob could get.

It has advantages. For example a stock urbie your only worried about 2 weapon systems. Like a modern soldier he has his one main weapon his rifle the ac cannon, and his side arm the small laser. Theres less fiddling around. You don't worry much about heat issues. The slow speed forces you to be more cautious.

If you pilot an urbanmech YOU WILL learn to use cover either right away or the hard way. I just got back from a fight, made a raven ac/20 urbie, In caustic the terrain allowed me to hide under mound, jump jet do a ac/20 pop tart holding off 2 atlas.

The terrain itself was my armor, I wouldn't be able to take that kind of cover in a atlas, and there is no doubt in my mind if I was piloting my atlas those other two would have destroyed me easily.

People look at urbanmech and go off with what they see, what they don't realize the greatest danger from urbanmech is what you don't see.

I'm here pugin' with a homemade urbanmech having absolutely lots of fun, its a blast. My weapon grouping is just 1 and 2.... I only have to know small laser range, my main weapon you could shoot what you see.

Far as looks goes this is how I worked it out.......

Posted ImageJagermech......

Posted Image URBIE.....

THEN....

Posted Image Jager

Posted Image URBIE! :(

#84 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostButane9000, on 08 March 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

I actually want to know this myself.
It just doesn't make sense, but the same could be said for the Flea.

Once the Urbie opens its lid, the Flea has found its fly trap.

#85 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

Consumable Module idea: Militia UrbanMech Support - Enlist the support of one of the local militia (AI controled, can be told what area or object to defend from a Command Console) UrbanMechs.

Basically the enemy tries to cap and they get an AC/10 round from an Urbie hiding behind a building or hill if they weren't observant enough.

Edited by Anyone00, 09 March 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#86 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 09 March 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

As it stands, you would never see an Urbanmech in its stock configuration in the game, at least outside of a fanboy having giggles, as it would last all of a volley or two before going down. Low armor plus low speed does not equal endurance in MWO.

It has some of the best armor among lights, stock. At least the standard R60 does, not the R60L with it's AC/20 so much.

#87 Terror Teddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,877 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostUtilyan, on 09 March 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

If you pilot an urbanmech YOU WILL learn to use cover either right away or the hard way. I just got back from a fight, made a raven ac/20 urbie, In caustic the terrain allowed me to hide under mound, jump jet do a ac/20 pop tart holding off 2 atlas.

Try it with the right weight. You have a luxury with +5 tonnes.

The Spider is possible with AC/10 and a 100 standard engine. 54km/h

The problem is that the 60 engine that doesnt exist since the game only have minimum 100 must INCLUDE the heatsinks - right now you have to add 6 tonnes of heatsinks to compensate.

Edited by Terror Teddy, 09 March 2013 - 11:55 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users