#21 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostSlystone, on 30 May 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Was hoping for something more interesting.

Such as...? ;)

#22 Stovebolt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCotton Candy Skull Island, TX

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

WANT

#23 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

A great design, every ammo based weapon on that thing has 2 tons worth of ammo IIRC.

#24 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

A classic for sure. This is a 'Mech I could definitely get behind. Certainly one of those all-purpose machines that does well in nearly any role. Served me nicely though a fair chunk of MW3. As far as numbers, yes, we need another assault to keep things balanced, but this would do well as the next heavy.

#25 alex kelll

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationKentares

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

I love the orion it one of my favorite meidum mech the other ws the bushwaker

#26 Gaius Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 58 posts
  • LocationShreveport, Louisiana

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

please oh please tell me they are adding the orion..... this would be the a great addition to the game... looks good, has respectable firepower, and any mech good enough for General Kerensky is good enough for me

and on the topic of needing more assaults those mechs are for warriors that rely on armor and not tactics to win the day....real pilots, pilot Urbanmechs....

View Postalex kelll, on 30 May 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

um the Orion was 75 tons and therefore a heavy mech

#27 Regina Redshift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostGaius Kerensky, on 30 May 2012 - 10:13 AM, said:

View Postalex kelll, on 30 May 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

um the Orion was 75 tons and therefore a heavy mech

Oh, Gaius, light 'mechs hardly count as 'mechs. I mean, really, you can hardly fit a single PPC into most of them.

#28 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

/cheers!

#29 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing the Orion mech in the game. All the variants that i know of are all solid mechs. Although i prefer IS over most clan mechs i must say i do like the Orion IIc.

#30 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

Orion
Posted Image
Orion
Manufacturer
Kali Yama Weapons Industries,
Kali Yama - Alphard Trading Corporation

Model ON1-K
Class Heavy
Cost 6,674,500 C-bills

Mass 75 tons
Chassis GM Marauder
Armor Valiant Lamellor
EngineVlar 300
Speed 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets None

Armament
Description

The Orion was first built in 2570 as the ultimate BattleMech. The Orion is a dependable workhorse design that can handle almost any combat role, thanks to its mix of long- and short-range weaponry and its respectable 14 tons of armor. The Orion has a maximum ground speed of 64.8 km/h, which is average for 'Mechs in the heavy weight class.
Technicians love the Orion, because its spacious interior makes performing repairs and maintenance far easier than many other 'Mechs.
Armament

The Orion has a varied weapons mix. The 'Mech's primary long-range weapon is a KaliYama Death Bloom LRM-15 launcher. For intermediate ranges, the Orion carries a KaliYama Class 10 Autocannon/10. Finally, for close-range combat, the Orion has an Irian Weapons Works Class 4 SRM-4 launcher and two Irian Weapons Works Medium Lasers.
Variants
  • ON1-M - The M variant is an upgrade using Star League technology. The LRM-15 has been replaced with an LRM-20 launcher and the Autocannon/10 has been upgraded to an LB-X Autocannon/10. The SRM-4 and the Medium Lasers have been retained. A Narc Missile Beacon was also added to the 'Mech.
  • ON1-V - A basic modification of the ON1-K, the ON1-V removes three tons of armor to make room for an additional SRM-4 launcher in order to give the Orion even greater close-range damage capability.
  • ON1-VA - A modification along the same lines as the ON1-V, the VA model removes the LRM launcher, rather than removing armor to add the second SRM-4 launcher, sacrificing some long-range damage capabilities for superior close-combat capabilities.
  • ON2-M - The 2M is another upgrade of the Orion using Star League technology. The 'Mech is built using an Endo Steel chassis and utilizes 10 double heat sinks to save weight and for their greater heat-dissipation ability. For long-range combat, the ON2-M is armed with a Gauss Rifle as well as an LRM-15 linked to an Artemis IV Fire Control System for increased accuracy. For closer ranges, the 'Mech has three Medium Pulse Lasers. The ON2-M is armored with twelve and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor.

Edited by Skylarr, 30 May 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#31 StarSlayer40

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationClan Space

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

The Orion is not a bad 'mech. I like both the IIC and the basic Orion, pretty good 'mech. :unsure:

#32 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

The Orion is a solid 'mech, and I hope we see it in-game some day!

#33 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

I damn well hope the Orion makes it in. Love the offset cockpit on it. I've always felt it was one of the inspirations for the Thor/Summoner (the other being the Thunderbolt)

While it's officially a heavy mech, it's big and burly enough to compete pretty well with many assaults.

#34 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

This is a nice upgrade from the Orion when it come out:

The Perseus is the product of a program begun by the LCCC to create an OmniMech completely indigenous to the Free Worlds League from concept to production. The Perseus, called the "Omni-Orion" by some, is a capable 'Mech that has earned something of a lackluster reputation when compared to other modern OmniMechs such as the Templar or Hauptmann in spite of its capabilities. Built on a lightweight Endo Steel chassis, the Perseus is powered by a Hermes 300 XL engine helping save even more weight and giving the 'Mech a top speed of 64.8 km/h. The advanced structure and engine save a great deal of weight for weapons and equipment. The Perseus is protected by fourteen tons of Valiant Lamellor armor, giving it around average armor protection for a 'Mech of its size. It also has twelve double heat sinks that are fixed on the chassis.

#35 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:05 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 30 May 2012 - 08:01 AM, said:

Perhaps thats a hint at the next mech.

Nah. Next mech's most likely an Assault. :P

Nerd-core fact: the Orion in MW3 is actually a Perseus. The head is mounted dead-centre, not offset. :(

#36 Felix Dracc

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

The orion is my number one choice for a heavy mech to be added to the game, it's been a machine I have loved since my table top days.

#37 Sal Trebov

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hopefully it's the devs saying "Yes, the Orion will be in the game". It'd be awesome if it was the next mech released, but the chances are high that we'll be having another assault. Not a bad thing; it'd be nice to have another hefty assault around the 90 ton range. But when Orions are in the game, THAT will be my mech of choice until the Clan invasion.

...and then some. :P

#38 HighlandWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Oh yes, highly approve of this choice, well done and looking forward to piloting one of these..always loved this mech.thanks

#39 RevolutionaryC

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

look like orion is a great mech.

#40 Gaius Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 58 posts
  • LocationShreveport, Louisiana

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostArchwright, on 30 May 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Oh, Gaius, light 'mechs hardly count as 'mechs. I mean, really, you can hardly fit a single PPC into most of them.

I can strap a PPC to an Urbanmech.... but true enough that they barely count as a mech...but still my point is made... assaults are for pilots that do not want to think.... or sit in the rear with the gear while the real pilots Lights - Heavies do all the heavy lifting in an op

I hope.... that it happens to be the ON-2M variant that we get to play with as thats a fairly solid unit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users