ISN News Flash

46 replies to this topic

#41 Billy Ray Gund

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

The Orion :wub: would be a great all around Mech to use as a blocker, bait, or fast cylcing Mech. The weapons mix and armor make it a match for IS Mech's up to 10 tons heavier. :P
Yeah, I went there, the BattleMaster is mastered by the Orion. :P I say this from hard won experience of decades of battles. The mix of weapons on the Orion M will bleed a Battlemaster then the LBX with cluster will knock the head a couple times. The dazed B'master :blink: will then be prey for the medium lasers and SRM combo. ;)

Edited by Billy Ray Gund, 30 May 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#42 Ratzap

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

All rolls of the dice mate. I had a BM for a while on tabletop , wonderful mech though that was 3025 tech. Don't forget the BM's SRM and mach gun have just the same chances on your noggin. If the dice gods don't grant you a head ping, the BM will eat you.

Don't get me wrong, Orion is a very nice machine but basing your continued existence on the need to roll double 6s tends to go bad at some point.

#43 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Nonetheless, an Orion can face a Battlemaster with a fair chance of winning...even without that headshot. Armor and firepower are similiar levels. The main advantage is that the Orion's engine is a more efficient choice, especially in 3025 tech levels (ie standard)

#44 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostNARCoMAN, on 30 May 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Love the Orion M. That NARC beacon is rare for the time period, and rocks some face, especially when planted on the face.

Nice write up, Garth.

That'd be Randall Bills, not me :)

#45 Rigs VonDuprin

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

The Orion is my favorite heavy mech. Hands (or no hands as the case may be) Down !!

#46 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

ditto

#47 Archangel of Mercy

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

That is one of my favorite mechs from the MW2 days. You could unslot a couple of the lesser weapons, beef up the engines and armor, and really go to town in it. I do hope to see it back in action. It has been a long time. Maybe even bring back the Zeus, too!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users