Re: Player Run Leagues

73 replies to this topic

Poll: Player Leagues (171 member(s) have cast votes)

Are Player Run Leagues Useful to PGI

1. Yes (139 votes [81.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 81.29%

2. No (32 votes [18.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.71%

Are Player Run Leagues useful to the Mech Community

1. Yes (151 votes [88.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.30%

2. No (20 votes [11.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.70%

Are you excited enough to spend MC over Player Run League Content

1. Yes (75 votes [43.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.86%

2. No (96 votes [56.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Thomas Covenant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOn an adventure.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

Yes if there were tools to assist these endeavors even better. Private matches really being the main one.

#62 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

MC into player run events? How does that work?

Do these organisations expect a cut of the pie? Will these "player" organisations remain impartial? Will sensitive information in these events never be compromised by political or other influences so as to remain unbiased? Who gets to decide how they operate? etc etc.

In short, no confidence atm, especially if asking for MC for a minority feature.

Edited by Noesis, 06 June 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#63 M4L4R3K

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

I think it is great to have player made leagues right now because PGI didn't implement any type of league except little weekend tourneys(maybe a few that were going on weekly). Once CW is implemented, we might not need any but while we wait, I think it adds a lot to the game!

Lets wait and see what PGI does with CW. If I am right, PGI wants MWO to become an Esport.

Edited by M4L4R3K, 06 June 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#64 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostNoesis, on 06 June 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

MC into player run events? How does that work?

Do these organisations expect a cut of the pie? Will these "player" organisations remain impartial? Will sensitive information in these events never be compromised by political or other influences so as to remain unbiased? Who gets to decide how they operate? etc etc.

In short, no confidence atm, especially if asking for MC for a minority feature.

I don't want MC or sensitive information. If anything, I'm considering put not just my time, but also money into this (in the form of prizes).

#65 machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Locationhere.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

This game is done. LOL

#66 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostM4L4R3K, on 06 June 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

If I am right, PGI wants MWO to become an Esport.

Lawl!

A couple weeks ago in an office we all know:

"Hey, we made some whooping fishing simulator. Now lets make THIS game the new eSport king. Because it only takes us 8 months to release a new map...whether it be "Caustic Valley Snow" or "River City Night Snow". And we also are surely able to balance the game. We don't need to put PPCs in line with other weapons - we never screwed SRMs or LRMs (like 4 times already). Oh and on top of that: let's kill the community while we move every playerbased content into the subsubforum of a subforum of a subforum. Player run leagues would give "being on a team" a reason. People would participate outside of those dull 4 man games and would form teams. Teams would attract and recruit new people. Leagues would actually keep these teams busy - even WITH our flawed game which seems to make no progress at all.
We don't want that. Let's drag people and their interests down - so actually teams are splitting apart!
MWIO is going to be the new eSport king - but we don't want teams at all. Let's toss out some more meaningless and random solo "tourneys", because that's what makes us l33t and all those teamplayers in or teambased game happy."

#67 FunkyCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 323 posts
  • Location<?alert('lol')?>

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostWaddeHaddeDudeda, on 10 June 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Lawl!

"Hey, we made some whooping fishing simulator. Now lets make THIS game the new eSport king. Because it only takes us 8 months to release a new map...whether it be "Caustic Valley Snow" or "River City Night Snow". And we also are surely able to balance the game. We don't need to put PPCs in line with other weapons - we never screwed SRMs or LRMs (like 4 times already). Oh and on top of that: let's kill the community while we move every playerbased content into the subsubforum of a subforum of a subforum. Player run leagues would give "being on a team" a reason. People would participate outside of those dull 4 man games and would form teams. Teams would attract and recruit new people. Leagues would actually keep these teams busy - even WITH our flawed game which seems to make no progress at all.
We don't want that. Let's drag people and their interests down - so actually teams are splitting apart!
MWIO is going to be the new eSport king - but we don't want teams at all. Let's toss out some more meaningless and random solo "tourneys", because that's what makes us l33t and all those teamplayers in or teambased game happy."

You, sir, are awesome!

Edited by FunkyCat, 10 June 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#68 MangoBogadog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 377 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

View PostWaddeHaddeDudeda, on 10 June 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Lawl!

This^

PGI actually discourages player run leagues.

I also find it quite interesting that NGNG will not promote player run leagues (unless sufficient $ is exchanged hands), I would put money on that being influenced by PGI.

Things like pushing 3rd person before CW, lobbies, UI 2.0 etc shows where and what PGI want from this game, the idea of MWO as an E-Sport is a fading fast.

PGI make bad balance changes throughout the course of this games production and when confronted by their community on the latest changes, PGI trolls them on their own forum?

#69 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:41 AM

View Postmachine, on 10 June 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

This game is done. LOL

They are absolute green at making games, and have no experience at all in balancing a multplayer game. Combine that with a lethal dose of stubbornness and "I know it better" spirit, its not a surprising outcome. It was wishful thinking from the start that these guys could make it work.

#70 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

Yeah, funny thing is: player run leagues and events would actually draw MORE people into the game as teams would be activily recruiting and training all those new guys who noe enter the game, get roflstomped a few times and leave again frustrated.

Those things would bind people to the game for a looong time and well, who the heck said, if you play in a player run league, you cannot and will not play CW??

But it goes on:
There is no fansite kit, with arts and drawings, users can use to create MWO fansites, there is no user chat with a dev on once or twice a month, info goes anywhere but the official forum...nothing anywhere to get in touch with the community and to profit from the community ... IGP is stubbornly, intentionally with any force it can generate pushing the gun into the mouth of its own projects head and just a millimeter away from the trigger point that makes the round go off.

Hihi, they are stubborn to a level, where they even actively deny features that are a clear WIN WIN for everyone from newbie player to their own PR managers...lobbies ( 1 group vs specific other group, without this stupid size restrictions and pug gapfillers), real tournaments with live feeds and commentaries and e-sport events on solaris like tourneys....
They could even have a Solaris season every 2 month or something, where every player can sign up for a weight class and a mech to control and then do it with a real 1v1 and team table... ahh.... if this game only had a way to drop one team against a specific other team, PGI/IGP could at least double their income because the value of the game would at least tripple for players...

but hey, I am dreaming...

#71 KingCobra

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

PGI is against open private matches and leagues or anything that they cannot control in house. MWO would be a much better game if they would have Remade a new MSN gamming ZONE and lobby's with open live chat and leagues. Its like DeJa Vu all over again. Is Mektek pulling the strings in the back ground again? hahahaaha god I hope not. Posted Image

#72 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 11 June 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

PGI is against open private matches and leagues or anything that they cannot control in house. MWO would be a much better game if they would have Remade a new MSN gamming ZONE and lobby's with open live chat and leagues. Its like DeJa Vu all over again. Is Mektek pulling the strings in the back ground again? hahahaaha god I hope not.

Yeah but why? Who is this absolutely insane person, that thinks Mechwarrior could be a second WoT or CoD??
There must be a way to get at least a little bit of understanding and common sense into them.

It is a little like watching an operation fail, because the young lieutenant simply did not hear a word from what his old master sergeant told him... You know it will end badly and you keep talking in the desperate hope for some sudden spark of sanity... but to no avail.

#73 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

LOLZ i love where this thread is buried. Shows how much IGP cares about community run events.

#74 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostxZaOx, on 11 June 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

LOLZ i love where this thread is buried. Shows how much IGP cares about community run events.

Now I think it was my fault for going all out on them, sorry about that.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users