Lrms = Broken Since Patch

19 replies to this topic

#1 Treckin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

FIX IT HOT FIX OR WHAT FRACKIN A!

100% damage goes to center torso on all LRMS since the new spiral animations. Seriously step it up a notch or lose a paying customer. PGI's amateur capabilities are beginning to wear out the amusement of Mechwarrior for me. Get serious guys. Hotfixes for broken **** during BETA should be SOP. Waiting 2 weeks = a lot of pissed off customers and many walk-aways.

Edited by Treckin, 09 March 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#2 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

You make a strong arguement.

#3 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

View PostTreckin, on 09 March 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

F U KING FIX IT HOT FIX OR WHAT FUKING A

Posted Image

#4 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

<-- Would care.. however they never hot-fixed ECM.

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

While my opinions on LRM/ECM balance are no secret I'm against this sort of post in trying to change PGIs position.

Terms like 'amateur' are insulting and baseless. Show me a multi-million dollar software product you've made before you throw those sorts of statements around. Then go play Dragon Age 2 from BioWare/EA. THAT is what failure looks like. MWO is still in beta and PGI has done a decent job of showing they're responsive to player feedback (R&R, consumables and more) they're just meticulous about it.

You're a consumer and you have a right to vote with your dollar or your feet. You have a right to express what you do and don't like. You have a right to be upset.

At no point do people have a 'right' to be rude. You can, just realize you're weakening your point. Not strengthening it.

#6 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Did you know we need direct line of sight to get Artemis Flight Paths? Did you try not walking into the bloody open?

-Sincerely,
Quad Artemis LRM 10 Catapult Pilot

#7 Allister Rathe

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationEast Bay, California

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostPater Mors, on 09 March 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

I loled.

Also, @OP: You will be taken far more seriously if you present your grievance in a calm, well thought out way. Yelling and screaming will get some amused responses, but little attention because it comes out sounding like a petulant kid.

#8 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

100% damage goes to center torso on all LRMS since the new spiral animations. Seriously step it up a notch or lose a paying customer. PGI's amateur capabilities are beginning to wear out the amusement of Mechwarrior for me. Get serious guys. Hotfixes for broken **** during BETA should be SOP. Waiting 2 weeks = a lot of pissed off customers and many walk-aways.

Don't Panic.

#9 Treckin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

LOL I edited out some rage.. But seriously Ive played 10 rounds today, 8 of which ended in being cored out front AND back (improperly because of the newly broken LRMS...) with 0 damage to arms despite frantic torso twisting to spread the damage. I have also witnessed LRMS cornering @ 90 degrees to make contact with ONLY the center torso of a mech who was behind a hill and well out of LOS. This freakin game is SO broken and its developers SO amateur I would like an explaination as to why they allow their game, for which we pay money and they receive salary, to be in such a shoddy and shameful state. completely disrespectful to customers to even allow something like this to stay live without a hotfix or reversion.

If any of the devs or CMs are reading this, I hope they honestly think for a second how their work represents their character. From what I can see, these are some careless and soon-to-be unemployed software "engineers" at PGI.

#10 danust

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Rent is too dang high!

About right really. In the open you are done on these small maps.

#11 Iron Hyena

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

Noooo, don't leave, who will walk out in the open with no cover or ecm and absorb all my missiles without you?!

#12 Tarman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostTreckin, on 09 March 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

LOL I edited out some rage.. But seriously Ive played 10 rounds today, 8 of which ended in being cored out front AND back (improperly because of the newly broken LRMS...) with 0 damage to arms despite frantic torso twisting to spread the damage. I have also witnessed LRMS cornering @ 90 degrees to make contact with ONLY the center torso of a mech who was behind a hill and well out of LOS. This freakin game is SO broken and its developers SO amateur I would like an explaination as to why they allow their game, for which we pay money and they receive salary, to be in such a shoddy and shameful state. completely disrespectful to customers to even allow something like this to stay live without a hotfix or reversion.

If any of the devs or CMs are reading this, I hope they honestly think for a second how their work represents their character. From what I can see, these are some careless and soon-to-be unemployed software "engineers" at PGI.

Wow, ten entire whole games. Welcome to pretend combat, where sometimes you eat death multiple times in a row. I played 50 games last night, and had a ten-game losing streak at one point, just absolute crushes. Then I had some mixed results, then I was top death and damage dealer for 7 games in a row. That's how it goes.

And I'm sure the devs are going to read this and suddenly feel bad for you. Maybe not in the way you may suspect however.

#13 Treckin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostDornhal, on 09 March 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Noooo, don't leave, who will walk out in the open with no cover or ecm and absorb all my missiles without you?!

Say what you like but I sport almost a 3.0 KD I know what Im doing, and I am only calling out the LRMS since the NEW patch and their NEW animations. L2R.

#14 Sheraf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostTreckin, on 09 March 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Say what you like but I sport almost a 3.0 KD I know what Im doing, and I am only calling out the LRMS since the NEW patch and their NEW animations. L2R.

You should play LRM mech more to know how they actually work so you can avoid being killed by them :huh:

#15 JohnathanSwift

Dezgra

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

A KONG member had asked Thomas about the artemis spiral back when he linked a video.

When asked " would this be a balance problem ? " thomas replied with " I dunno ".

These are the people you put faith into.

#16 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Artemis is supposed to be *kicka$$* ... that is what ECM is supposed to counter...

#17 Allister Rathe

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationEast Bay, California

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostTreckin, on 09 March 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Honestly trying to equate KD/R to skill or experience in a game like MechWarrior is unworthy of the franchise, and absolutely counter to what it's all about. It's toting your personal ability to take down a 'Mech, but not your ability to support your team and work within the confines of the engagement you're in.

No friendly ECM 'Mechs on your team? Stay within visual range. Lots of LRM's on the other team? Don't fight in the open.

Just because you have a string of bad luck or a losing streak doesn't necessarily mean that one thing is unbalanced. I would be more willing to listen to you if you had presented an example of *exactly* where and how LRM's are acting in a broken or unbalanced manner. If you had explained the match situations in where you perceived them as too strong or acting wrong there might have been a basis for discussion. Instead, you raged, you name called at the developers who are doing a fantastic job of presenting a game that is not only entertaining but trying very hard to balance that with loyalty to its source material.

In short, instead of being constructive, you're acting like an entitled *** who thinks his opinion is the end all be all.

#18 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

I pont to this pic and the few dozen more I have all old school.Posted Image

#19 Kaziganthi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, Australia

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Maybe you were to busy looking up in the sky at my missiles to see my twin large lasers hit your centre torso.

LRM 20
Matches: 29
Fired: 10,620
Hit: 2,917
Accuracy: 27.47%
Damage: 5,161

LARGE LASER
Matches: 29
Fired: 826
Hit: 653
Accuracy: 79.06%
Damage: 3,487

#20 Inyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 332 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Getting that tight a spread requires Artemis and probably a Tag - both of these require direct line of sight. It'll also require you to be pretty much immobile.

You also get no less than two warning and more than ample time to hide. I suggest you stop cutting across open fields. Or if you do, make sure you are aware of available cover and how long it'll take you to get there.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users