Need More Info

17 replies to this topic

#1 Zoom2136

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

As stated I have to type everything in very long paragraph because I cannot use my "Enter" key to space paragraph. And before you ask, I have tried it in Word and IE and it does work, so it's not a keyboard issue.

Edited by Zoom2136, 10 March 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#2 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Same issue. Just updated to IE10 for 64x Win 7.

#3 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostRanek Blackstone, on 14 March 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Same issue. Just updated to IE10 for 64x Win 7.

Same, came after the upgrade to IE10. I swapped over to Firefox, fixed the problem.

It's something to do with how Microsoft programmed IE10 to work with Java and html-based Rich Text Editors.

Edited by Syllogy, 14 March 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#4 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 14 March 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Same, came after the upgrade to IE10. I swapped over to Firefox, fixed the problem.

It's something to do with how Microsoft programmed IE10 to work with Java and html-based Rich Text Editors.

Figured as much, and reported it in a ticket to support. Just toggling off the "edit mode" button in the rich text fixes the issue. The guy from support said he was passing it on to the devs to look at.

#5 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

For awile now I have not been able to use the enter key while submitting posts of these forums... is there par chance any else out there that's experiencing this and or knows a solution? and no my enter key isn't broken... I can still post on other forums just fine, send ingame messages with enter, pm on steam with the enter key, ect ect.

#6 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

Over the last week or two, if I post to the forum, I lose the ability to hit the return key to create line breaks/paragraph breaks. I can still open up other programs like Notepad and it works fine.

#7 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Posted Image

Actually, it sounds as if you might behaving an issue with your browser then if you can still use the enter key with other programms. Have you tried a different browser and still have the same problem?

I cant say that I haev experienced the same myself (on 2 different PCs using 2 different browsers), so I cant really give you more than the generic list of things to try through to narow it down.

#8 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

I have the same Problem, IE 10 here same problem on two machines. This Forums is the only Place I am have the problem with the Enter key (Yes I have Tried both of them) I have to Pre Type everything in Note-Pad than Copy Paste to the forums.

IE 10
Version 10.0.9200.16521
OS: windows 7 (64bit & 32bit system I have the problem on)

#9 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

I have the same problem, using internet explorer, IE was recently updated, microsoft snuck it in with windows updates.

#10 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

My Kindle Fire doesn't like to type right on this site either. It doesn't autocorrect, auto cap, and sometimes deletes what I type. Only site that my Kindle brower has problems with.

Other than that, my normal computer works fine for this site (Firefox).

#11 Jack Lowe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationStaten Island, NY

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yep same problem with the IE update, can't use the enter key, nor tab, space bar still works... mostly. However getting proper paragraphs is nigh on impossible atm. I'm getting rather embarrassed with putting up text walls. Thought it was something on my end individually was just finishing a good cussing in frustration while trying to figure out what was wrong. P.S. try coping it to notepad making the adjustments and pasting it back it doesn't fix everything but it does clean it up a little......sometimes. Have to be stubborn to get it at least marginally presentable. In answer to the moderators question I'm running IE9 64bit version.

Edited by Jack Lowe, 08 May 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#12 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Try Mozilla Firefox. Free, and I feel its safer and runs better than IE. Might be a decent temp fix for this site? I only suggest because I've had no problems with Firefox since I loaded it a few years back.

#13 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

Firefox is noticably slower than IE here, although not by much.

Edited by Flapdrol, 08 May 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#14 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

It might be slightly slower, but that's because it's scanning all incoming data with a small anti virus (basically). I feel more secure with Firefox, and since using it, I've been bothered by a lot less malware and viruses. I feel it's worth the trade in speed (though I don't notice it being slower at all, it feels about the same speed).

#15 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 06 May 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Hi there!

Which browser and version are you using?

This happens on all browsers currently.

#16 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

If you put the post in editing mode your enter key will work.

#17 Angel Winters

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

I have this same problem when using an apple keyboard on my PC, if I switch back to a regular keyboard everything works fine

#18 Dalinor Frostreaver

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Same issues, except editing mode does not fix my issues. No way to use the enter key to create new paragraph. This is the only forum I have this issue. Very very sad/strange

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users