• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Either insert a star of dev piloted clan mechs in replacement to one team in a game (non-8 man), or drop a single point off the map during a normal game, but visible to anyone who looked at the strange observer. Perhaps with a flickering radar contact indicator, but make it impossible to lock on it or damage.
Just standing there.
Watching.
Silently.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 12 March 2013 - 07:32 AM.

#22 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 12 March 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Either insert a star of dev piloted clan mechs in replacement to one team in a game (non-8 man), or drop a single point off the map during a normal game, but visible to anyone who looked at the strange observer. Perhaps with a flickering radar contact indicator, but make it impossible to lock on it or damage.
Just standing there.
Watching.
Silently.

:)

#23 GRIMM11

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Lots of good ideas here, I hope the devs take a look, this game needs some LIFE!

#24 captaincabbage

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I actually just wrote up a whole idea on the concept of introducing the Clan invasion on this thread.

http://mwomercs.com/...no/page__st__20

If you CBF, then basically my idea is this:

Space is large, and it takes a lot of time to get across it, even with FTL drives or whatever. Assuming that the planet/s we are fighting on in-game are not right at the forefront, or hell, even close to the edge of IS space, it'll still take a fair time for the combined forces of the Clans to invade, conquer, and transport their armies to each system. Months in-fact.

My proposal is that from this point out, for say, the next several months, we'll start hearing 'newsfeeds' and 'reports' from the outer rims, sporting outlandish claims of Clan attacks and invasions, with the actual invasion of our world being anywhere up to six months (or even more if the devs need the time) after the "first strike" of the invasion.
This will basically give the devs a good long time to really look at Clan tech, and conceptualize, design, manage, and finally implement it into the game fairly, whilst also keeping us tantalized with little sneak-peeks now and then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users