21 replies to this topic

#1 Flocus

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

I don't want to make much words because there has been so much whining about premades and matchmaking. But when my team wins only every 4th (or less) match then I cannot speak about having fun any more. I like it to have kills or at least win the match, but I am not a solo player or lonely wolf. I would call me a "casual team player" with an eye for his teammates. But most of the games end with 8:4 or worse. I don't want to play in premades because I'm a casual player, i don't live in an american time zone and english is not my mother tongue.

I AM JUST SO FRUSTRATED!!! I think I will stop playing MWO although I love the game itself and have payed 150$ for it up to now.

#2 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

'Byebye.

#3 AnnoyingCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Locationcat planet for cats

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

it's not the game, it's you

#4 EmCeeMendez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

There are German units.

As a premade player, I can assure you my W/L is nowhere near 4.0. I suspect you're getting matched with bad solo players on your team, not all powerful premades on the opposing side.

Abschied mein freund.

#5 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostFlocus, on 11 March 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

But most of the games end with 8:4 or worse.

Pre-Phase 3, it was more like most of the games end with 8:1 or worse. Enjoy and learn from your losses. I personally prefer getting thrashed to steamrolling another team.

I know you don't want to play with pre-mades, but you really should. Get on teamspeak, drop into a random dropship (they even have casual players like yourself), and have more fun. If doing well is important to your level of enjoyment, then drop in on the Comstar servers. You don't even have to have a mic.

Edited by Homeless Bill, 11 March 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#6 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

What mech and build are you playing. Maybe you should play an easy mech like the Raven 3L or Atlas DDC until you get better and improve. I have win loss of less than 1 even though my kill death is better than 1. Also check mechspecs.com to compare your build.

#7 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 11 March 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Pre-Phase 3, it was more like most of the games end with 8:1 or worse.

My experience has been exactly the opposite; a match any closer than 8:2 is a rare thing; either my team wins by a landslide, or we get steamrolled. Close matches are a hard thing to find these days, for me.

#8 Idolo

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Take a break from the game and try again at a later time when the matchmaker gets properly sorted out.

#9 urmamasllama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

the problem is your group one of you is most likey much worse or much better at the game or a combination of the two. large elo gaps in a premade will cause a lot of problems with matches

View PostAethon, on 11 March 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

My experience has been exactly the opposite; a match any closer than 8:2 is a rare thing; either my team wins by a landslide, or we get steamrolled. Close matches are a hard thing to find these days, for me.

then you are in all likelyhood either a very high or very low elo player

Edited by urmamasllama, 11 March 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#10 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Large amount of my matches solo dropping end 8-6 or 6-8 these days.

#11 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

I don't want to make much words because there has been so much whining about premades and matchmaking. But when my team wins only every 4th (or less) match then I cannot speak about having fun any more. I like it to have kills or at least win the match, but I am not a solo player or lonely wolf. I would call me a "casual team player" with an eye for his teammates. But most of the games end with 8:4 or worse. I don't want to play in premades because I'm a casual player, i don't live in an american time zone and english is not my mother tongue.

I AM JUST SO FRUSTRATED!!! I think I will stop playing MWO although I love the game itself and have payed 150$ for it up to now.

I'd suggest, despite the native language barrier, just hopping in the Comstar chat room. Just being able to hear what your teammates are doing should be good enough. Anyway, I've grouped with several Frenchies lately and, while I didn't grasp entirely what they were saying, I got enough of the gist.

#12 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Elo has matched players based on ratings so you have a few choices:

1. Expect to lose more often if you are a casual player until your Elo rating drops below any players who are serious about winning. The same goes for any teammates you run with in a group.

2. Give up the casual playstyle if you hate losing and do something to get better as a team with the rest of your group. This means improving pilot skills, tactics and mech builds.

3. Quit if you really are just tired of losing and don't want to change anything.

#13 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Remember that premades can be put on BOTH teams, so to be pissed off at the opponent premade is just as shameful if you have a premade on your side.

Premades will lose to other premades. What's new?

#14 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

This isn't little league or some sport the parents tell their kids "you are still a winner even if you lose". There are no ice cream parties for losing no trophies. The only reward you have is to better your self and your team. Deal with it, we all do.

#15 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I drop in a premade about 2/3 of the time and guess what, we still lose. We just play casually and try to have fun, some are wins, some are losses, some are like 6/8 some are 8/0, sometimes that's how it goes.

Get on the comstar TS server or one of the other free TS3 servers and at least get into a 4 man pug group, your experience will dramatically improve. Mechwarrior has always been a tactical combat sim (NOT an FPS) and as much as PGI try's to make it an MMO it's just suited more towards group play than single. To win, you team up, if you don't like to win, play by yourself and don't communicate with your teammates.

That being said, this game needs a lobby type system with configurable game options ASAP.

#16 ulziel

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Um we got people in various zones and i like to play solo and also play with teams. So yeah sorry you dont like to play with others. No one said you have to join groups.

#17 Hamm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 11 March 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Remember that premades can be put on BOTH teams, so to be pissed off at the opponent premade is just as shameful if you have a premade on your side.

Premades will lose to other premades. What's new?

Part of the problem is that you don't KNOW if your fighting with or against preamdes. Granted its a pretty fair bet if the match ends in 3 mins or less, (10 on Alpine :( :D ) with a score of 8-0. BUT I have been on both ends of that spectrum and can tell you that's not always the case.

I know its flame war fodder to say it but I still say there should be a PUG only and a general que, if you don't want to play with or against premades, just have the option of PUG games, and let the premades play other premades filled in with whatever randoms like the challenge. That way its fair for everybody, everybody can get the game that they want to play. In the absence of any kind of dedicated server browser, users should have SOME choice in the kinds of games they play, its not a one size fits all kinda thing, and I think the current setup alienates a lot of potential users and income for PGI, and frankly the "Suck it up and join a group" argument just is not practical for a lot of people, and I don't think that should exclude them from having a fun game. Just my .02c anyways.

Edited by Hamm3r, 11 March 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#18 Willie Sauerland

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,209 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri, USA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

If you are leaving,

can I have your stuff?

View PostHamm3r, on 11 March 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

I know its flame war fodder to say it but I still say there should be a PUG only and a general que, if you don't want to play with or against premades, just have the option of PUG games, and let the premades play other premades filled in with whatever randoms like the challenge. That way its fair for everybody, everybody can get the game that they want to play.

I'm glad you have your

asbestos suit on,

but I support this idea.

#19 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Make Friends... Problem solved.

#20 Flocus

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Thanks everybody for your (in most cases) usefull tips and comments! After my mood has cooled down, I think this took a week or two, I started playing again but with a bit more emotional distance and with a self-imposed ban to look at the stats :D

A few days ago I followed one of the most mentioned advices here and joined a (german) clan (11th Legion of Vega, see http://mwomercs.com/...rutiert-wieder/ ). Now I have much fun again! So everybody who is frustrated like I was when I started this topic should read this thread.

See you on the battlefield!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users