Streak Srm Damage Is Much Higher Than Expected [Test Results Inside] - Updated 2013-03-15

647 replies to this topic

#641 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Wow. And here I was wondering why encountering a Streak-Raven felt so incredibly different in my Centurion compared to the JR7-K.

Amaris, I think it's safe to say you have the thanks of all (well, almost all) Light pilots. Well done. :unsure:

Just an update. We will be removing splash damage until further tuning can be done that takes into account the new Mechs and their respective hit boxes. The splash damage will be removed in the April 2nd patch.
I can drive my Jenner again! \o/

#642 Zaptruder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 716 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hats off to mr Amaris.

SRM/SSRM/LRM OP posts that have been going on for months have been resoundly justified.

Will be very interesting to see how the weapons actually perform once splash has been turned off. I'd think that by the natural function of their spread, a form of pseudo splash damage is already built into the weapon.

#643 Haitchpeasauce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 18 March 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

If Paul's feedback is the case, then shouldn't damage be working "as intended" versus an Atlas?

My testing showed that even an Atlas, when struck on the torso area, is taking 250% the rated damage. The splash damage taken is situational based on location hit and the design of the hitboxes.

#644 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

They should grant you some premium time for this dude, or a hero mech or something.

this is what beta players should do!

#645 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostHaitchpeasauce, on 18 March 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

My testing showed that even an Atlas, when struck on the torso area, is taking 250% the rated damage. The splash damage taken is situational based on location hit and the design of the hitboxes.
Hum, I would have expected that an Atlas would at worst "only" suffer twice or thrice the amount of damage as fewer components will be covered by the splash overlay.

I can safely say that I noticed a large difference when I mothballed my Jenner and switched to the just 15 tons heavier Centurion.

#646 C12AZyED

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

To tie into your study of the missiles and their actual damage versus the perceived damage potential, I can confirm 100% that Awesomes are receiving amplified damage from LRM fire. My Awesome seems to get absolutely oblitered by LRMs, far more quickly than any other mech. Even small volleys seem to cause massive damage. Something is amiss here. Also, I have suspected that Commandos may also be glitched in this way for quite some time, as they seem to take a huge amount of extra damage from SRM fire. This really needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thanks for your hard work btw OP!

#647 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostTexAss, on 19 March 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

They should grant you some premium time for this dude, or a hero mech or something.

this is what beta players should do!

Actually QA should have picked this up before now. (And maybe they did, who knows? PGI probably wouldn't share their worst balance entanglements unless pressed to do so. ) Beta testers have been making threads for months, hell, I made one myself once I got one shotted by 2 LRM 15s in a 97% armored Raven2x. People have suspected that missiles had damage problems, and have run their own 'in game' tests. But no one has used the Training Grounds to test until now, it seems.

The problem is that every time someone raised the issue, some other player popped up to counter it, or say that it was all just our imaginations, because THEY didn't think there was a problem. They didn't have proof, just their bloody trust and confidence, and I want to know why? Why we let the issue sit in limbo for so long based on the completely unfounded skepticism in the face of our own experiences?

They should name a Hero mech after him. A Dual AMS Jenner with MASC.

#648 Aggressor666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 158 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

I hope to hell devs take notice
its ridiculous that a raven with only 5 tonnes more than a say a spider can have larger engine ECM suite and 2 ssrm's 2's doing THAT much dmg and also explains why I die in seconds in a light verses a 3L even tho said 3l couldn't hit a mechbay with his lasers.
I also understand now why out of 5 matches I had with my own 3L I have 7 kills and 2 deaths in a 35 tonne mech...

* edit also to those that think I'm exaggerating how OP the 3L is look at my mech stats I'm no ace by a long shot my best is the cplt-a1 with a 1.27 kd and the rest far lower raven 3L boom! 3.5 K/D

Edited by Aggressor666, 19 March 2013 - 05:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users