Quit It With The Gg At Match End..

66 replies to this topic

#1 CheezPanther

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Because most matches are 8-0 8-1 8-2.. AND these are not good games... If your team steamrolls then just walk away.. If u wanna say GG say it to your team only..

I dont care if its just something u always have to say.. IT's not sportsman ship if it's just something u feel obligated to say outta habit.. Because then u get the bad habit of saying it when you shouldnt..

You just dont go up to someone who's left dying after a huge slaughter of a massacre (100's dead to u losing only like 5) and kneel down and tell him good fight before he dies.. YOU JUST DONT.. Why because it wasent even close..

IF less than half your team is left standing as you are victorious then it was a hard fought match and indeed a good match. Otherwise you pretty much just stomped the other team and saying GG is like grinding your boot in thier face..

Saying good game to an opponent in a closely contested match is good.. But when u totally beat the snot out of them you just dont say anything.. You dont.. Why because it was not good in the slightest for them.. They already feel frustrated and bad no need to make them feel worse by letting them know you had a good or great game..

I'm just tired of hearing it after my team gets slaughterd for many dumb reasons, most often of which is the matchmaker screwing us over

TL:DR If u really feel the need to keep saying it.. just congratulate your team only on the 8-0 8-1 8-2 matches then.. Praise the other team of a hard fought battle when it was indeed a close one..

#2 Tickdoff Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,647 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

You take this way too seriously.

#3 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

Most of the matches I've been in since ELO went live, have been close.. and even when I'm on the losing side of a landslide, it doesn't make it any less of a good match... it's good sportsmanship.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

GG is a show of good sportsmanship. I say it when I win or lose, provided nobody is being unsportsmanly.

#5 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Most matches? Have you been placed in the PUG ghetto? :P

#6 Targetloc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 963 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

GG

#7 Damocles69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 888 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

you sound mad... are you mad? bro?

#8 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

Op, you know that sometimes the scoreboard doesnt accurately depict the diffuculty of the game played right?

#9 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

good thread close

#10 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

GG, thanks for coming out

#11 Traigus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

GG.. and I ate your team's orange slices at half time...

#12 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

GG

#13 EmCeeMendez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

GG OP, close.

#14 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm usually in a big hurry so I don't stick around more than 1 second after death....

UNLESS: I have vital information, and then leave OR: The game was actually really well played w/ several talented pilots (or friends)

Then gg, but I usually only say it to my team anyway, and let other team bask in their own glory of which we all know was well deserved.

#15 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

hey op gg

#16 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

In most sports, even if it is a rout, you shake your opponent's hand after the match. You give the other team respect for taking the field, win or lose. It's called 'sportsmanship'.

#17 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

GG good thread would read again

#18 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

I'll praise the other team whenever and however I please, thanks. How you take it is up to you and honestly is not my problem. My advice is to always assume that GG is meant honestly and earnestly until other teams' behavior proves otherwise, you'll be much more relaxed.

#19 CheezPanther

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 13 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Op, you know that sometimes the scoreboard doesnt accurately depict the diffuculty of the game played right?

yea but the rest of my team doin 100 ish damage or much less does tell alot more..

View PostDavers, on 13 March 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

In most sports, even if it is a rout, you shake your opponent's hand after the match. You give the other team respect for taking the field, win or lose. It's called 'sportsmanship'.

Yes you shake thier hands... but do u really ever say anything after stomping them horribly.. ususally you can tell by the utter dejected look in thier face that saying anything at all would be worse form..

Edited by CheezPanther, 13 March 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#20 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostDavers, on 13 March 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

Ritualized expressions with ones voice does not necessarily equal 'sportsmanship'. If you are not saying it for a specific reason then it is just insincere. I would suggest that telling an opposing pilot GG may be appropriate if your personally witnessed good effort.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users