The Chessboard - Ooc

1 reply to this topic

#1 cmopatrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Well, let me try this again. The Chessboard was originally written back when MW4:Mercs was the current pc game based on the BT universe. As it tries to blend BT canon with MW4 ruleset and even some more modern concepts, it is NOT CANON! If all you want is BT canon, or obeying MWO specific rules, please don't read it, it will bug the tar out of you and I have no intention of changing it. Oh, and just in case it isn't obvious, this is another solo rp... just me and my rather hyperactive imagination.

The story follows from other shorter ff stories (none of which I can find right now) that featured Patrick Carns, a merc with mysterious links to Clan Wolf (Created him back in the MW2 days, though no ff showed up until about the time the original MW4 came out).

I originally wrote it in short chunks, much as the O'Brian Chronicle is being written here, but It later was compiled into much larger blocks. When I first posted it here, I tried to keep that large block format, and hoped to write more following a large piece approach. That failed miserably, so I am going back to the shorter bits and will try to get it back into action that way. My hope is to get it up to where it can properly feed a novel I have based at least in part on it: In the Shadow of a Wolf.

One other note, I originally wrote sans caps, a personal preference carried over from being something of a poet... and one with a rather general disregard for the rules of grammar. I went back through before I posted the first five or six chapters, but even a cursory read shows that I missed a LOT of corrections. The new posts should be correct, but I do beg your indulgence over my lack of proper capitalization of 'Mech names and at times even the start of sentences in those older blocks (I spent a LOT of time correcting, but in hindsight, maybe not enough).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. If not, there are a lot of other, more traditional 'Mech ff threads in this forum, with some pretty creative folks populating them... please feel free to ignore my stuff and read theirs.

Edited by cmopatrick, 14 March 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#2 cmopatrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

just a quick request for those with opinions on the story, please use this thread to express yourself instead of the story-line thread. thanks.

i may or may not respond, depending on whether you have a question. i don't pretend your comment has to be positive; reasoned criticism is welcomed... though mindlessness will just be ignored. hey, if you just don't like it, please feel free to utilize your time better elsewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users