#21 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

@OP

Sadly, elitism isn't exclusive with this game (or in this forum for that matter) and no matter how hard one tries, there is no way to squelch the detractors...

Apparently these players burst forth from the womb with a mouse in one hand and a can of Monster energy drink in the other, birthed with the necessary genetic code to allow them to dominate any e-competition. :rolleyes:

Never mind the fact that for the most of us, we start from the bottom, hopefully learn from our mistakes and carry them forward to make us more competent players...

Best advise: Play hard, learn from your mistakes and ignore the swinging e-peens. They are so above the rest of us, there is no reaching them / rationalizing with them.

Yes... they will make perfect Clan warriors. :)

Edited by DaZur, 17 March 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#22 Grumbling Coot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

I've seen this happen several times and it's probably the most irritating and insulting thing to do to your teammates. All it says when you complain about your "noob team" is that you're an even bigger noob. If you are more skilled than your teammates that's one thing, but there's no need to bash them in <all> chat.

I remember one instance of a player (that I don't feel the need to name) doing this in two straight games. I was on his team the first time and he was complaining the whole game and even sent a "gg" to the other team after we got down by ONE. The next game I was on the other team and I saw him doing the exact same thing. Needless to say, he was on the losing side again.

Point is: next time you feel like ripping your team, remember that even good players can have bad games, and that by venting your feelings into <all> chat, the only person you're insulting is yourself.

#23 4b4dd0n

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Im in 90% of all games 3rd to 1st damage dealer of my team. So i give my best to win a match, but i get blocked from re.tard guys while i searching cover to avoid lrms. Or our ecm mech dont know how to interrrupt the enemy ecm and we get shredd to pieces by some lights because no one can aim. Or you teammates going 1 by 1 in the whole enemy team doing nothing only dying then then i write in the chat that most of them are re.tard apes.

But this isnt a mwo problem. You get idiots all the day long in wot in LOL. And it was the same in WoW PvP or for example in CS. So for me it isnt something new but i flame that the guys are bad maybe someone thinks about his playstyle.

Oh i forget my favorite examples for beeing an re.tard. Shooting with your 4+ ppcs stalker at an enemy under 90m and wondering why they do no damage^^ same goes for the lrm boats...

Edited by 4b4dd0n, 17 March 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#24 Gaan Cathal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Having recently started on my first Heavy, I'm seeing first hand the entry-Elo bracket, and it has a lot of these players in. They seldom place well, frankly, and I make it a point to raise this at the scoreboard. There are, clearly - it being entry-Elo bracket - plenty of new players in these games, and they don't need the raeg from someone so bad he can't score well compared with trial-meching cadets.

#25 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

View Post4b4dd0n, on 17 March 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Im in 90% of all games 3rd to 1st damage dealer of my team. So i give my best to win a match, but i get blocked from re.tard guys while i searching cover to avoid lrms. Or our ecm mech dont know how to interrrupt the enemy ecm and we get shredd to pieces by some lights because no one can aim. Or you teammates going 1 by 1 in the whole enemy team doing nothing only dying then then i write in the chat that most of them are re.tard apes.

But this isnt a mwo problem. You get idiots all the day long in wot in LOL. And it was the same in WoW PvP or for example in CS. So for me it isnt something new but i flame that the guys are bad maybe someone thinks about his playstyle.

Oh i forget my favorite examples for beeing an re.tard. Shooting with your 4+ ppcs stalker at an enemy under 90m and wondering why they do no damage^^ same goes for the lrm boats...

To be honest with you, I think that flaming is probably going to get a negative reaction. You can offer good advice, but insults mixed with advice is not going to help much. The reaction you describe (writing that most are ******** apes) is exactly what I am arguing against.

I don't care about "idiots", as you say. What matters is what I do in response. There are 3 options:
1. Offer advice - Might require effort, but has potential for letting the other guy learn.
2. Stay quiet - Perfectly fine, at least you don't make things worse.
3. Insults - This is what I'm arguing against. They may make things worse, and they certainly do nothing to help your image or the other player's competence.

If I were to be, as you say, flamed by someone (assuming you mean insults), I doubt I would go off and think about my build. I would probably assume that that person was some egoistic a-hole (no offence to you, but that's the impression I get from people who are so aggressive). However, if you said something like, "Hey so-and-so, did u fill out ur tonnage? looks a bit light", it would probably get better results.

Oh, and firing PPCs under 90m, contrary to popular belief, does some damage. It's just a linear dropoff from 90m. So, with a Stalker, not being able to run, that person will have no choice.

#26 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

There's always "that guy". The other funny types are the ones who asks what everyone's KDR is at the start of a match then pronounce over the All chat that his team is **** when the answers arn't acceptable. It sounds bad, but if I see them surrounded or in a bad spot, I'll let them die.

#27 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostScurry, on 17 March 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

Oh, and firing PPCs under 90m, contrary to popular belief, does some damage. It's just a linear dropoff from 90m. So, with a Stalker, not being able to run, that person will have no choice.

I do it all of the time, hit the Raven with the PPC and then streak the **** out of him.

#28 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

when the game ends most people leave immediately. sometimes i offer advice to a person and they leave as I am typing. i usually just stay quiet and i never personally insult someone unless they talk trash first. i usually just insult my team as a whole. :)

#29 Duncan Longwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

I've played thousands of matches now, but I could tell before I hit 100 that the person that is crying the most did the least. The crying about "team" is hilarious... uh... hit the "take command" button on your map and take charge... butt-nugget. Try leading. Then you can complain away that your team let you die AFTER you told them your plan.

Remember MechWarriors; Pro's don't blame their team... they blame the dev's and the matchmaker. =P

#30 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Things that makes you go facepalm, also makes me want to rage. This particularly goes with the LRM users that fire their LRMs @ < 180m, and they keep doing it despite being told it doesn't work.

My suggestion is to not take whining from others too seriously, but recognize that failing happens and that if you are part of the fail, you need to stop repeating it.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 March 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#31 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

I need my ego stroked regularly to feel good about myself. If you see me in game, please feel free to let me know how awesome you think I am. :)

Thanks.

#32 Tenzek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:08 AM

View Postvon Pilsner, on 17 March 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

It is best when the person dies first and spends the whole match complaining and berating their team only to see that they were at the bottom of the scoreboard when the match finally ends... :)

My absolute favorite was a ranting guy on the enemy team yesterday.

One of his teammates had 7 total damage at the end of the map. He said what the @#$%1? How is it possible to only do 7 damage?

I hit tab to look at the score, and sure enough, his teammate had 7 damage.

He had 8.

Seriously.

I am assuming they were MG builds.

#33 Sheraf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

Chat technology is a lost tech to many :). Typing "hi" or "hello" require extensive effort, and might not be successfully done.

Edited by Sheraf, 17 March 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#34 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

If "omfg my team is the worst" is the sum total of your input for that match, then you failed the team as much or more than they failed you.

#35 Ice Cream Mech

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Here's video of the "I lost because my team sucks" guy.

#36 Bhan Zor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 107 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostSheraf, on 17 March 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Chat technology is a lost tech to many :). Typing "hi" or "hello" require extensive effort, and might not be successfully done.

I value the ability of reading & comprehension higher. Unfortunately, there are those unlucky drops where one might think he's surrounded by illiterates - you could tell them the enemy is about to bite them in their butts yet they keep moving the other direction. :rolleyes:

This is when I could enter nerd rage mode. But I dont. I usually try to explain what went wrong without cursing and certainly not in open chat. But often I cant help but sound a bit like a cynic out of frustration. :)

Its not the level of pilot skill or the mech loadout, its the ignorance for basic tactics and common sense that ticks me off.

#37 Michael Abt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:26 AM

Posted Image

#38 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Well, when you're the best on your team but lose simply because your allies can't measure up or know how to play at all; it's annoying. You'll see people on their first day shutting down, firing AC 20s at 500m, or having horrible builds(Jenners with 4-6 Flamers). Worse yet is that you can have this happen 10 games straight. I usually try to keep my mouth shut about it and quietly leave because I don't like being a bad influence to a trend nor want to make this community the next League of Legends. If you start fussing, then everyone starts fussing. It's best to just be quiet about it or go find a premade team; which I do when I get tired of the crap pugs. I basically play pug to pewpew or make some extra money, not to actually win. You should enter it with no expectations, at least not until we get real game balance and matchmaking.

#39 Haegir

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

@ OP. It serves the purpose of letting you know that you are terrible at the game and should uninstall.

#40 4b4dd0n

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostScurry, on 17 March 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

To be honest with you, I think that flaming is probably going to get a negative reaction. You can offer good advice, but insults mixed with advice is not going to help much. The reaction you describe (writing that most are ******** apes) is exactly what I am arguing against.

I don't care about "idiots", as you say. What matters is what I do in response. There are 3 options:
1. Offer advice - Might require effort, but has potential for letting the other guy learn.
2. Stay quiet - Perfectly fine, at least you don't make things worse.
3. Insults - This is what I'm arguing against. They may make things worse, and they certainly do nothing to help your image or the other player's competence.

If I were to be, as you say, flamed by someone (assuming you mean insults), I doubt I would go off and think about my build. I would probably assume that that person was some egoistic a-hole (no offence to you, but that's the impression I get from people who are so aggressive). However, if you said something like, "Hey so-and-so, did u fill out ur tonnage? looks a bit light", it would probably get better results.

Option 2 is no longer an option im too long quiet and saw so much idiots.

No offens but i dont care really if you say im a ***hole its fine for me. But i play so long mp games so you cant ressist sometimes to flame the biggest idiots out there. Sometimes you will lose you faith in mankind when you see how stupid some players are.
I write so often in chat that ppcs have min range same to the lrms but they dont care. So at some point you dont give any helpfull advice anymore.
The lemmingtrain is a good example. If i play with a friend and we say we go tunnel at start everybody will follow you let the other flank wide open for the enemy. I dunno why maybe they dont want go alone or they afraid to hold a flank with only 2 or 3 guys.
Its like driving a maus tank in wot 2 years ago. They followed you all the time they dont use the speed of their own tanks. So the lemmingtrain crawls with 18kph over the map. Nobody spotted enemys nobody hold the other flank but everybody wonders why you lose. And they say but we had a maus we should win this ;_;

So for me there is no hope for the noobs and i flame they all the day long. And when they leave the game i dont care. Maybe it reduce the numbers of apes in my next team so we can win this.

And for the ppcs, i stand close in front of a stalker with red cent torso and he dont do any damage and i give the player the advice of the min range for the ppcs after i killing him. So maybe they do damage under 90m but it must very little next to nothing.

I have no problem to give some advice or if a players say he is new to the game in the first secs of a match. But guys which resist every helpfull advice and play like the biggest idiots on earth they should flamed all the day long. Maybe and maybe they will go to this forum read some guides and then maybe they switch their playstyle to something usefull.

So its not my job to make better players cause in i dont see this guys again. And i dont belief that a advice given to them would be change their playstyle. Its the big casual question. Everybody which is active in this forum is a good player or a better player compare to the guys which dont care. In every game the forum is the key to get better. You can read here the game mechanic you can improve your loadout or discuss or you find a clan which teaches you how to play better.

But their are guys out there which have no interest or no time to read here so they will be bad players or so called casuals.

Edited by 4b4dd0n, 17 March 2013 - 08:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users