Does Anyone Know If Missile Tubes?

15 replies to this topic

#1 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Does anyone know if missile tubes are going to restrict multiple launcher fire in a future patch?

Ex:
Jenner-D has 2 SRM 4 and 4 tubes

Currently it will shoot 8 missiles simultaneously, 4 from each launcher, through the four holes.

Someone told me that eventually PGI is going to restrict the number of missiles fired per volley by the number of missile tubes no matter the number of launchers. So for that same jenner with two SRM4s it will fire a 4 missile volley followed by another 4 missile volley.

Another example is that a Centurion 9 A has 10 missiles tubes and 3 missiles hard points. When you mount 3 SRM6 in the mech it will fire 18 missiles simultaneously even though there are 10 missile tubes.

If anyone knows, this will make a large difference as to which Jenner I master first, the K or the D. Also this would help balance Splat cats.

Edited for clarity

Edited by ryoma, 18 March 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#2 xenoglyph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Yes, but real men use a JR7-F.

#3 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Depends on how it affects balance...

Edited by Sephlock, 18 March 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#4 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

I think the way it works is.....lets say you had a 4 tube with 2 hard points. You put srm 2 both shoot at once, you put 2 4srms they both shoot 4 at once, if you put one six tho, it will shoot 4 then two. if you put 2 6srms it will do 4,4, then 2,2, if you shove a 20, 4 then 4 then 4 then 4 then 4.

See?

#5 El Penguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 478 posts
  • LocationAntartica

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

From what I seen. The amount of missiles that come out at once are equal to how many tubes you have. So if you have 15 tubes on a Catapult C1 and put a LRM 20, it will shoot 15 then 5. If you put a LRM 20 in the Awesomes streak launcher which has 2 tubes, it will launch in pairs of 2s till it shoots 20.

So from your example, if the Jenner has 4 tubes and you put 2 SRM 4s, then it will shoot 4 then 4 more.

Another note to take is that the reload of the missile launcher won't start until all its missiles have been launched. So shooting a LRM-20 on a 2 tube launcher will slow down the potential DPS by a lot.

Edited by El Penguin, 18 March 2013 - 03:11 AM.

#6 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

It seems some of you are misunderstanding.

How it currently works is

Jenner has 4 missiles tubes and 2 missiles hard points.

Mounting 2 SRM 4s makes you shoot 8 missiles simultaneously.

I heard someone say that eventually they will limit the number of missiles fired from multiple launchers to the amount of tubes.

Does anyone know if they will eventually change it as so?

#7 El Penguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 478 posts
  • LocationAntartica

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

View Postryoma, on 18 March 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

It seems some of you are misunderstanding.

How it currently works is

Jenner has 4 missiles tubes and 2 missiles hard points.

Mounting 2 SRM 4s makes you shoot 8 missiles simultaneously.

I heard someone say that eventually they will limit the number of missiles fired from multiple launchers to the amount of tubes.

Does anyone know if they will eventually change it as so?

I haven't heard that one. Infact I heard they may make it so you have more tubes on the physical model itself in the future when putting bigger launchers than stock. Well one dev said hes hoping for that one day.

As for the Jenner, not sure why it's shooting more than the tubes it has. I found it working that way with my mechs. If thats what you want then I'd just master it first then since I doubt theyll make any changes anytime soon.

Edited by El Penguin, 18 March 2013 - 12:56 AM.

#8 Utilyan

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

There might be customizations that come later. For example they are already talking about being able to switch mech heads. So imagine differ torso sections with differ tubings.

I hope it does change, Personally i'd like to do some crazy builds with just single tubes. :wub:

Like a single tube splat cat.

#9 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

View PostEl Penguin, on 18 March 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

I haven't heard that one. Infact I heard they may make it so you have more tubes on the physical model itself in the future when putting bigger launchers than stock. Well one dev said hes hoping for that one day.

As for the Jenner, not sure why it's shooting more than the tubes it has. I found it working that way with my mechs. If thats what you want then I'd just master it first then since I doubt theyll make any changes anytime soon.

I'm under the impression that they would make changes to SRMs relatively soon. On April second they are temporarily removing missile splash until they finish internal testing of missiles. If they are to change how tubes work wouldn't it make sense to do it during that internal testing?

#10 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

View PostEl Penguin, on 18 March 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

So from your example, if the Jenner has 4 tubes and you put 2 SRM 4s, then it will shoot 4 then 4 more.

sry man to dissapoint ya but it will shoot 8 at once
same as if u mount into 3x lrm15 into one ear of a1... it will fire 45 missiles at once
if you mounted 3 lrm20(not possible but in theory) it would fire 2 voleys one with 45 missiles and second with 15

#11 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

They haven't said anything about it nyet as far as I know.

#12 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

No, whoever told you that is either a liar, going off someones assumptions, or just a suggestions that was made.

#13 El Penguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 478 posts
  • LocationAntartica

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostsC4r, on 18 March 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

sry man to dissapoint ya but it will shoot 8 at once
same as if u mount into 3x lrm15 into one ear of a1... it will fire 45 missiles at once
if you mounted 3 lrm20(not possible but in theory) it would fire 2 voleys one with 45 missiles and second with 15

Hmm, interesting. I guess that makes sense since ballistics shooting at the same time overlap each other so then multiple launchers do the same. Thanks for the info :wub:

#14 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

I used to drive a raven 3l and if you put an srm 4 into the arm for the narc launcher it will shoot the missiles back to back over about 2-3 seconds.
It was quite a pain.

#15 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Yeah, OP, you got it backwards. What they've mentioned is having the model change, the same way a few models have barrels appear/disappear as weapons are added/removed, so that they accurately represent the loadout, and that when/if they ever get around to that it will remove the current limits (that make it volley-fire) and fire all missiles at once.

#16 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Funny thing is that on Training Grounds, the CN9-A with triple SRM-6 actually fires two volleys of 10 + 8, but in regular match play it fires them in a single volley of 18.

AFAICT, the number of tubes is a restriction for single launchers, but multiple launchers can use the same tubes at the same time (CN9-A with 10 tubes):
3xLRM-5: 1 salvo, 15 missiles
3xLRM-10: 1 salvo, 30 missiles
3xLRM-15: 2 salvos, 30+15 missiles.
1xLRM-15: 2 salvos, 10+5 missiles
1xLRM-20: 2 salvos, 10+10 missiles

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users