#1 feetjai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationThe netherlands

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Wouldn't it be more realistic (fun) to do the following:

- in limited period you can earn the titles/p>
- fight in battle to earn them
- then you can purchase the founders mechs.
Then you can really say that the title and the founders mech has been earned!
Just buy them for $60 is kinda cheap and easy.
Cw

Edited by feetjai, 25 May 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#2 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

We are earning them... with our money... that we earned... by working?

#3 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postfeetjai, on 25 May 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

Cw

Probably not.

They want this money to have a sudden influx of revenue to fun previous dev or future dev of the game.

#4 CloakRogue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

No, I want my founders mech to be unique. Not tons of them in the game. Same goes for the title.

#5 Josh Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 204 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

On the gameplay side I totally agree with you that buying it right out is cheap; but, on the marketing side, putting a price tag on "special" mechs is great for business. I think the "Founders" tag, however, should only be available to leadership of player-made units.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

There will be other rewards one can earn through skill and perseverance. People who pay up front(for a free game) deserve some fancy extras.

#7 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

View PostJosh Davion, on 25 May 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

On the gameplay side I totally agree with you that buying it right out is cheap; but, on the marketing side, putting a price tag on "special" mechs is great for business. I think the "Founders" tag, however, should only be available to leadership of player-made units.

Respectfully disagree. Like PANZERBUNNY Said, this money is meant to be an infusion of cash to the Dev team. The founder tag is meant as an acknowledgement of early financial support while the project is still in it's infancy/founding.

#8 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

kinda cheap and easy?

the guys at PGI work for 6 months, and you think it is cheap for us to help pay their salaries so they can make us a game? Get out? Seriously? I try to be nice most of the time, but that is just right rude! Yes, everything is available for Cbills in game, they have no intention on giving a gold mech to people who pay some cash.

THIS founder package is strictly for those who want to support and show some love to PGI before the game is even out. This is for the people who want to make sure that PGI can give us the best damned game possible... and it is cheap and easy? The mech has a lightly different model, a different skin and gives a small bonus of Cbills generated in a match, how is that cheap?

Sorry... but seriously?

#9 Corpsecandle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

That sounds great...for other achievements. "Founder" inherently means that you happened to participate in the first steps of any given startup. Having any other requirements other than "I stepped through the door and gave them my money" makes it something else.

#10 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

I think he meant that you pay for those mechs and have to earn them in battle afterwards, nit just getting them right away.

I still disagree with him, but at least this should help to clear out any misunderstandments. :o

#11 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 25 May 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

kinda cheap and easy?

the guys at PGI work for 6 months, and you think it is cheap for us to help pay their salaries so they can make us a game? Get out? Seriously? I try to be nice most of the time, but that is just right rude! Yes, everything is available for Cbills in game, they have no intention on giving a gold mech to people who pay some cash.

THIS founder package is strictly for those who want to support and show some love to PGI before the game is even out. This is for the people who want to make sure that PGI can give us the best damned game possible... and it is cheap and easy? The mech has a lightly different model, a different skin and gives a small bonus of Cbills generated in a match, how is that cheap?

Sorry... but seriously?

+1

#12 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 25 May 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

Probably not.

They want this money to have a sudden influx of revenue to fun previous dev or future dev of the game.

View PostHayden, on 25 May 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Respectfully disagree. Like PANZERBUNNY Said, this money is meant to be an infusion of cash to the Dev team. The founder tag is meant as an acknowledgement of early financial support while the project is still in it's infancy/founding.

Agreed

#13 Randalf Yorgen

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationwith in 3m of the exposed Arcons rear ct

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

kinda cheap and easy?

Sorry... but seriously?

hmm I think it's been a tad more than 6 months, I think I read somewhere about the first discussions starting in 2008 maybe? I could be wrong but game do take a long time to get right.

#14 Thomas Hogarth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 463 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Cw

Or how about we pay $60 for 'Mechs that look visually different and support the game these guys have worked on?

#15 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Yep, so many things can be "earned" in this F2B that this... this is slamming the fist on the table. Us forum users have said a lot of stuff. It's time to put our money where our mouth is. There's only so many "Shut up and take my money" pics we can post before we get called on it. We asked for this, and it is welcome. PGI is going to be finanically successful. This mini "kickstarter" proof of financial viability is awesome. I hope PGI makes a bundle. The only thing is, should I get the little whippersnappers the $40 founder packs or make them suffer watching me? Not sure yet!

#16 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostRandalf Yorgen, on 25 May 2012 - 10:41 AM, said:

hmm I think it's been a tad more than 6 months, I think I read somewhere about the first discussions starting in 2008 maybe? I could be wrong but game do take a long time to get right.

No production outside of concept started in mid October, when they learned to use the CryEngine 3. :o 2009 was them trying to get a publisher for MW:reboot. You can read about it here.

#17 Sarriss

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

kinda cheap and easy?

Sorry... but seriously?

100% agree, of course I'm biased since I work in the game industry but the points are valid.

#18 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 25 May 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

No production outside of concept started in mid October, when they learned to use the CryEngine 3. :o

24 OctPosted ImageBryan Ekman ‏@bryanekman
@Aidanmw @russ_bullock we had engine training last week. Plus a relaxing weekend. We start a new sprint today. So expect more tweets this wk

#19 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

I can understand the premise of the OP, but I'd have to agreed with Caustic Coffi up there about paying for an asset in a F2P game should allow you to have immediate usage of that asset (no you cannot buy every asset, and no you cannot advance by just buying assets instead of playing).

I can see modules and other assets being unlocked over time as well as xp/cost, that I don't issues with, the Founder's package I think is not the item to do that on however.

Edited by Kaemon, 25 May 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#20 Max Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationThe real dairy state

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

just want to say, once again, I earn my pay check. I play games for fun with the money I EARNED working a job. And once again, YOU don't "earn" **** in a video game.

that is all

Edited by Max Grayson, 25 May 2012 - 11:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users