How To Make A Difference On The Coolant Issue

97 replies to this topic

#21 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 March 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

lol its always the golds' fault. Even the ones protesting too.

"Golds" refers to the ones that will stop at nothing to defend PGI, even going so far as to never recognize flaws or mistakes.

You know, the ones that say wanting an in-game mouse sensitivity slider is entitled.

#22 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

View Postvalkyrie, on 18 March 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Don't do that - you'll only encourage them, because it means you'll have bought coolant flushes, which only further solidifies their reasoning for putting it in.

Dunno the Goons showing Paul why knockdown was bad got that removed from the game two weeks after they put up thwe video of them embarrasing him in game... THAT worked.

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 18 March 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#23 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

View Postvalkyrie, on 18 March 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

There's a very specific reason I didn't address the defenders of consumables, namely because you have already made up your mind. To argue against you would be a waste of both of our time. Instead, I seek to rally supporters to my cause, so that we will be heard over your cries of "it's fine!" and hopefully incite change in MWO. Sounds like a democracy to me.

Nice assumption there. I neither use nor support consumables- I just enjoyed the irony of your statement.

#24 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

and that dancing cat looks very awkward lol

I like mine better:
Posted Image

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 18 March 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#25 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I was just gonna use the cbill consumables....do I need to boycott those too?

#26 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostLukoi, on 18 March 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

if everyone buys the cbill versions and noone the mc ones that kinda still gets the point across lol

#27 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 18 March 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Nice assumption there. I neither use nor support consumables- I just enjoyed the irony of your statement.

In which case you really ought to re-read the definition of "democracy."

View PostLukoi, on 18 March 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Yep. At least coolant, anyway, since that's the one that's poised to flip the meta on its head.

#28 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

Since they have removed all trace of pay 2 win from the consumables, the only objection remaining is from a game play standpoint. I fail to see how a single, relatively minor coolant flush is anything more than a crutch or a gimmick. A crutch for those who tend to die really fast because they shut down in front of the enemy team right at the start of each fight, or a gimmick for those who want to be able to get that extra quad-ppc alpha off once per game.

In neither case do I see it as game breaking, and certainly not worthy of boycotting. If you're bad enough to need it, or trolly enough to want it, then by all means give PGI your money (or your time, if you spend c-bills instead, since you totally can do the exact same thing with c-bills that you can with MC).

#29 Bloodred

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'll never spend MC on consumables, I'll probably have to get some more mechbays for my Jagers though. I'm glad they revised the consumables so they're not blatantly P2W anymore, they're still very expensive though to the point where they would seriously diminish the earnings of regular players with no income bonuses and the 15k GXP fee to get the version equivalent to MC is pretty steep too. No matter what they cost though I'd rather not have them in MWO at all, especially not coolant.

#30 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostBloodred, on 18 March 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

I'll never spend MC on consumables, I'll probably have to get some more mechbays for my Jagers though. I'm glad they revised the consumables so they're not blatantly P2W anymore, they're still very expensive though to the point where they would seriously diminish the earnings of regular players with no income bonuses and the 15k GXP fee to get the version equivalent to MC is pretty steep too. No matter what they cost though I'd rather not have them in MWO at all, especially not coolant.

yeah especially since you know, they said theyd never put it IN the game and all

#31 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

I will buy 1 or 2 cbill flushes just to see how the mechanic works, so I know what I am potentially up against. Beyond that trial period never again.
MC purchased Coolant flush never EVER! Its a bad idea and only encourages the max alpha, pop tarting style of play.
Besides it shadowy overtones of P2W. I will boycott it's use on the simple basis that they said they would never bring it in. This is yet another of PGI's backflips that is ruining the concept that they sold to everybody back at the beginning.
On the bright side with all the back flips PGI having been doing, if the game fails they will at least be able to get jobs at Cirque-du-Solei as acrobats.

Edited by slide, 18 March 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#32 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 March 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

Dunno the Goons showing Paul why knockdown was bad got that removed from the game two weeks after they put up thwe video of them embarrasing him in game... THAT worked.

Candid Camera was popular once upon a time.

My current issue with the consumable is the "non-upgraded" version that was described. It isn't even fair or even balanced (you pay for the same amount for half the effective power, unless you upgrade it). That doesn't even begin to describe the state of the MGs.

#33 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

I say no to coolant of any kind until it takes up tonnage and critical slots. Weightless coolant is very uncool to me.

#34 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostThinkTank, on 18 March 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

I say no to coolant of any kind until it takes up tonnage and critical slots. Weightless coolant is very uncool to me.

that too

#35 Star Colonel Mustard Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostThinkTank, on 18 March 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

Coolant pods that weigh something and blow up when hit I can live with.

#36 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostAstroniomix, on 18 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Coolant pods that weigh something and blow up when hit I can live with.

Why edit when you took the words off my keyboard before I can get to it?

also, bump.

#37 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 March 2013 - 06:36 PM, said:

if everyone buys the cbill versions and noone the mc ones that kinda still gets the point across lol

Well I'd like tot hink so too, but sometimes the rabble rousers want to "BRING IT ALL DOWN!!!! AARRRGGGHHH~~" so figured I'd ask :)

#38 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 18 March 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Since they have removed all trace of pay 2 win from the consumables, the only objection remaining is from a game play standpoint. I fail to see how a single, relatively minor coolant flush is anything more than a crutch or a gimmick. A crutch for those who tend to die really fast because they shut down in front of the enemy team right at the start of each fight, or a gimmick for those who want to be able to get that extra quad-ppc alpha off once per game.

In neither case do I see it as game breaking, and certainly not worthy of boycotting. If you're bad enough to need it, or trolly enough to want it, then by all means give PGI your money (or your time, if you spend c-bills instead, since you totally can do the exact same thing with c-bills that you can with MC).

In the right hands an extra alpha or two can decide a match.

Even though the GXP C-bill version is equivalent to the MC version it is still Pay2Win because a free player cannot purchase the consumables for every match the same way a real money player can. This isn't a matter of scoring high or grinding. Mathematically, a free player would lose money every match they use consumables.

And it doesn't matter if "people won't use it every match" or if the consumables are a "crutch".

They cause a paid player to gain an advantage. Paying for an advantage is Pay2Win, as Bryan has stated in the past.

Posted Image

#39 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'll pay MC for mechs, camo, and little figurines to stuff in my cockpit (my meds and heavies, all my assaults have Steiner paraphernalia in them). Hell I'd pay good money for the inclusion of certain mechs like the King Crab! (When the hell is the fifth assault getting announced?!)

I will not pay for coolent. I won't even pay for the c-bill flushes. Why? Because I fully hope that it will be taken out and if it ever is, I won't be affectd and will stomp through the battlefield riding the heat spike like a baws coring the kiddies who had their heat crutch yanked out from underneath them......that or I'll just sit there and watch as
[FIREZELASERS has killed FIREZELASERS] scrolls across the screen.

#40 DrSecretStache

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 483 posts
  • LocationWherever the Cbills flow

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image

I say let them keep it, and watch just how little it actually does.

Edited by Zoughtbaj, 18 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users