The 6Mg Lulzjäger Build

16 replies to this topic

#1 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

I have to admit it, after one round with stock layout i built this and it was pure fun, lotsa dakka for the orkse.

Paired with two ERPPCs i could give some damage out and we had some good rounds yesterday.

But what about the MGs only?
First discovery, you don't need 16.000 bullets, you'll never run out. 3-4 tons should be enough.

Second. you're like a shotgun-player in planetside 2 - get near or get out. Especially on the new map i didn't kill anything, in some rounds i didn't even release some dakka because no one there to shoot.

And third: you won't do nothing against heavy armor. I just tried it in test valley, to core an Atlas you need roughly 1000-2000 bullets and it takes time like forever. Whoever tries this will be dead long before he take down the armor.

IF you can find someone without armor, crit-seekers work very well, it'll kill items in no time. But this is a tricky thing, when you manage to kill the armor on that section (with the erppcs for example) you can finish him off faster. But it is hilarious to disable a splatcat or an lrm atlas and leave them unarmed :)

MORE DAKKA!!!

#2 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

What you need to do is try shooting enemies in the back and then quickly disarming them before they turn around.

It won't work out all that well, but its better than nothing :).

#3 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

View Post627, on 20 March 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

I have to admit it, after one round with stock layout i built this and it was pure fun, lotsa dakka for the orkse.

Paired with two ERPPCs i could give some damage out and we had some good rounds yesterday.

But what about the MGs only?
First discovery, you don't need 16.000 bullets, you'll never run out. 3-4 tons should be enough.

Second. you're like a shotgun-player in planetside 2 - get near or get out. Especially on the new map i didn't kill anything, in some rounds i didn't even release some dakka because no one there to shoot.

And third: you won't do nothing against heavy armor. I just tried it in test valley, to core an Atlas you need roughly 1000-2000 bullets and it takes time like forever. Whoever tries this will be dead long before he take down the armor.

IF you can find someone without armor, crit-seekers work very well, it'll kill items in no time. But this is a tricky thing, when you manage to kill the armor on that section (with the erppcs for example) you can finish him off faster. But it is hilarious to disable a splatcat or an lrm atlas and leave them unarmed :)

MORE DAKKA!!!

Saw you in a game with that yesterday on the new map. Laughed at the build then nuked you with LRMs. You and your team got rolled. Next time take something useful to help your team win.

#4 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

Not sure if it was you or not but I saw someone with that build yesterday. Seeing as how I had no armor left thanks to the ridiculous splash damage on missiles (seriously, no more than ten total SRMs stripped my raven's armor completely, even the head), I decided it was probably not best to stick around 6 MGs and lose my everything. Then my teammates completely obliterated him in seconds.

If you want to actually be somewhat useful, go for 6 AC2s. It's more than possible while still having some reasonable armor and ammo. Heat will be a pain even with DHS (since you'll be using 10), but you can get some pretty good long range shots off and still have some decent dps for brawling.

Edited by Kassatsu, 20 March 2013 - 05:38 AM.

#5 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 20 March 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Saw you in a game with that yesterday on the new map. Laughed at the build then nuked you with LRMs. You and your team got rolled. Next time take something useful to help your team win.

Wow tell us how you really feel. It's almost like this is a game.... that some people play for fun. Imagine that.

That said I ran into this build (or variations on it) several times last night and made short work of them. It's not something i would recommend except if you are running it for lulz or MG trolling.

Edited by Agent of Change, 20 March 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#6 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

Turn two of the machine guns into two ultra-5's and retain at least two medium lasers, and its a pretty decent build.

#7 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

View PostThontor, on 20 March 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

Ran into Alex Iglesias last night...

He was using a JM6-DD with 2 ERPPCs and 6 Machine guns

He didn't last long :)

Did they not tell him @ PGI that MGs were useful? :)

View PostAgent of Change, on 20 March 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Wow tell us how you really feel. It's almost like this is a game.... that some people play for fun. Imagine that.

That said I ran into this build (or variations on it) several times last night and made short work of them. It's not something i would recommend except if you are running it for lulz or MG trolling.

I'm actually waiting for the flamer troll builds, since Flamers got a buff this last patch, and this wasn't in the patch notes.

#8 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

I thought MGs, also got a buff, and isn't in the patch notes.

#9 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Such a shame. Not even 6 MG's are any good.

Garbage dump weapons to avoid, to join the big leagues:

MG's, Flamers, LB 10-X, and NARC

#10 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

This post has been brought to you by the letter, "E" for elitest a..hole.

#11 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 20 March 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

MG's, Flamers, LB 10-X, and NARC

Flamers were buffed this last patch.

#12 KyBr2K

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 87 posts
  • LocationCockpit of a DWF-B

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

Woot! Really? Time to take out the ol' two flamer, two MG D-DC. It must be op, because ECM.

#13 Edge28

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Last night this was one of my more 'successful' builds. Death usually came knocking at some point but I racked up decent damage and kills.

6 mg
2 ERPPC

w/ near max armour and 300 std.

Admittedly I spent most of the night fearing for my life no matter what build of the DD walking casket I was in. For some reason my stats didnt record drops in the mech or runs on tourmaline.........my overall K/D stayed the same and I only ran the DD...to get it over with.

I still like the thing...just expect i will prefer different variants once i get to them.

#14 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 20 March 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Flamers were buffed this last patch.

They still don't have a cool down. Its better people stop pretending. No buff will ever make them good in their current implementation.

#15 Josef Nader

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

It's almost as if he was running this build for his own amusement and giggles. As if there's more to a game than winning every single match and being the most 1337H4X of the e-peen warriors.

Hah, how preposterous is that? Everyone knows that your value in life is determined by your KDR.

#16 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

Hey, my lulzbuilt worked :)

And yes, I remember there was a little raven i wanted to crush but his team was faster... that was some lol.

btw, lrm-nuking... had one in my team doing the same the whole evening, got the most kills but maaaan that was boring to spectate...

Edited by 627, 20 March 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#17 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostThontor, on 20 March 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

Ran into Alex Iglesias last night...

He was using a JM6-DD with 2 ERPPCs and 6 Machine guns

He didn't last long :)

Go Alex!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users