Crash & Stability Feedback

143 replies to this topic

#121 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

The game occasionally locks up when I go into IR vision mode. This happened last patch until I ran MWO as an administrator. However, the crash is happening regardless.
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which?
No error message; The game just locked up and the sound looped. I pressed Alt+F4 and the game closed in about 10 seconds.
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur?
Any 'mech with IR vision mode engaged for the first time in a game.
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring?
Moving with my team to battle.
  • Does the crash re-occur for you if repeating those same steps?
Once the crash occurs and I restart MWO, it doesn't happen for the rest of the time my computer is on. I hibernate my computer every night then reboot on the weekends.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
Something by 1080, V-sync off, high settings (textures set to the maximum) have not changed them at all.
  • What are your System specs? (You can include them in a
    Spoiler
[spoiler]AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition at 3.4 GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
NVidia/MSI GTX 260 factory overclocked
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

#122 Mowmentous

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

I had a new install with new hardware, was crashing to desktop almost every game, no error. Reinstall of MWO fixed it.

#123 Johnw007

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

I'm getting repeated session losses. At least a couple a night. Just had three in a row. Doesn't seem to be my connection speed on this end.

#124 r2ch

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

While spectating, game hung upon artemis lrm impact on an opposing catapult.

edit

Additional info: After having it happen several more times I can definitely say the hang occurs when friendly LRMs impact an opposing mech in my field of view. Not every time, but occasionally. Also the impacted mech does not have to be in my line of sight, just my field of view.

windows 7 64 bit.

Nvidia 580 with latest drivers.
intel core I7
24gb of ram.

Edited by r2ch, 31 March 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#125 Tyranum

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

I posted earlier that I thought my River city/Jagermech combo may have been my CTD problem....but now I know it's River City/anything.
I simply can't play River city, which is my most hated map so there is something poetic about that I guess.
I will CTD with a memory error every time without fail. I have gotten as far as the start of the match (walking & fighting) before crashing but 99% (with out exaggerating) of the time I will crash just after that start up sound effect ("glook glook") before Bitchin Betty starts to talk.
Sadly this map is not the only time I crash but it is the only time I can predict with 100% certainty.

My other issue (unrelated to River City or memory CTD's) is after a match where everything worked fine there are many times (not every time) that I will get a black screen upon exiting the match...I have to use task manager to shut the game down but instead of listing MWO as 'not responding' it will say 'running'. But is is a black screen, that if left alone, will not change.

Not bitching just trying to help with some of my crashing details.
Absolutely love the game guys. Keep up the great work, the mechs look fantastic and the maps (except river city) are great!

I also found a bit of a trick. Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but if I get a frame rate drop or even a freeze where the sound is still playing in the background, I 'ALT-TAB' to my desk top then click the MWO icon in the programs tray at the bottom of the screen and it puts me back in the game with my normal frame rates and I've only missed about 5-10 seconds of game time. Hope fully that will help someone out there.

Edited by Tyranum, 30 March 2013 - 06:01 AM.

#126 frkuout

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

The game is completely unplayable for me now. I cannot even load the mechlab without a CTD. I've included the omicron and crashdump file for review. I may try to re-download the game tonight even though I'm not sure it would matter.

Omicron March 30 2013

Crashdump March 30 2013

System:
Core i3 @ 2.93 GHz
4 GB DDR 3
EVGA GTX 560Ti w/1GB GDDR5 and latest drivers (314.22)
Win 7 64-bit Home Premium

==EDIT==
Re-downloaded the game last night. Everything is working so far. We'll see what happens.

Edited by frkuout, 31 March 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#127 Xacharon

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

This is a bit odd, but as of yesterday, I've been unable to play on River City Night at all. What happens is the start up sequence runs fine, but once I start twisting to look around (usually to the right), I'll get a brief video stutter and then a CTD. The map came up 3 times for me last night, and I crashed out all three times. I had no crashes with any other map. The odd thing is that it just started happening yesterday, long after the last patch, so I'm not sure what's up. The only real change to my account was purchasing a 4N stalker as part of the Trial by Fire deal.

I've already sent an email to support with log and crashdump file, but just wanted to mention here it as well.

#128 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm crashing to mechlab almost constantly. My first match today also had some sort of connection issue which appeared to be game-wide because we all were commenting on it in the end game log (no one could message DURING the match though). This is extremely frustrating because a few patches ago it was EXTREMELY stable for me... now the last two patches have been horrible. It also seems like its working my 1GB GPU (nVidia GTX GeForce 550 Ti) more than previously. Its running hard right now and I'm not even in a match. I'm assuming its hot too, but can't tell how much.

I've even turned all of the options to the minimum level and it lasted for about 2 matches and now it crashed to mechlab again. I can't go any lower than this. It really sucks because you're doing this during a double XP weekend. Thankfully I haven't used my Founders Premium time yet.
I've also had a problem with the mini-map multiple times. Its a blank map (didn't try to use the tactical map).

Edited by Alexandr Britten, 30 March 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#129 CrazyBradley

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Almost crash to desktop when using Infared/Heat vision. It does not always occur when enabled. I suspect it has to do with quick turns. My computer begins to power down and then springs back to life. Monitor loses signal and then comes back on. Sometimes when this occurs I have a message in Windows showing my Display Driver failed. After seeing this message I upgraded to the latest NVidia driver but continue to experience the issue.

Spoiler

#130 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

So, here is what has errored out so far this patch. 32 bit version for a 64 bit system...RAM calling seems to be the main issue.

Also, the game is not recognizing a recent AMD 7870 GPU by XFX. another weird issue.

A lot of missing elements are being logged as well. hope this helps.

Spoiler

#131 Xx Albain xX

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

I crash to desktop right as the battle is about to begin in the cockpit. It happens way way too much.

No error no freeze just boom to desktop, computer fully responsive immediately.

#132 Kelreg

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Consitantly freezing in match. Every 3-4 matches, no message. Have to use task manager to end process each time.

#133 Thale Hypotenuse

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRadelaide

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostShaggyMoose, on 19 March 2013 - 05:03 PM, said:

Two hardlocks in six matches. Unfortunately about the same as before the patch. No error, nothing in the logs. Can't recover the desktop except by rebooting. ;)

For the first time since CB I have been getting this, happened 4 times last night - completely at random - the first was after about a dozen games then after re-booting it happened in the first match, then after about 6-7 games then finally after 2 games, I had had enough then went to bed.

Am doing a fresh install of the game, hopefully this helps either stop of alleviate the issue

i7 920
6 GB RAM
GTX 560 Ti

-video settings unchanged since months ago
-no error message
-cannot replicate it it just happens at random on random maps

#134 Ace of Spades

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Crashed as well today on frozen city night, no error message, nothing.
It crashed directly after giving a shot at a Cicada with my Dragon's LB-10X.
I kept patient and waited and the game resumed after I was shot down.

I am running a Quad 3570, Sabertooth Mobo with a GeForce 670, 16 gig Corsair Ram updated video driver from a week ago. Highest settings in the game.
Only background program running was teamspeak.

This is the first time the game resumed after a crash, usually nothing works anymore, fyi.

#135 Thale Hypotenuse

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRadelaide

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

After completely re-installing the game I have not had the same computer locking up issue thus far today

#136 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostThale Hypotenuse, on 31 March 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

After completely re-installing the game I have not had the same computer locking up issue thus far today

Just wait for it. Once it starts it only gets worse no matter what you do.

#137 Chronicblazed

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

Game freezes in game since last patch.
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which? No it locks up in middle of game.
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur? during game play ( seems like every time it happens i'm in the middle of a large firefight and i just pulled the trigger on a alpha strike... then Freeze.)
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring? Restart MWO client/ reboot computer.
  • Does the crash re-occur for you if repeating those same steps? Yes
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch? Everything Max at 1920x1200. Have not changed these untill freeze started happing and i lowered my vid settings to see if it would help. No change
  • What are your System specs? AMD FX 8350, 8 GB of Ram, AMD/ATI 7970, OS and game on a SSD.

#138 Neon Cyber

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Graphics crash once a battle. Complete freeze of graphics. sound and controls still work however the frame remains frozen.
(this is not my primary PC. This does not happen on my other PC)

Processor AMD FX 8150 (8 core)
Memory 16GB
Nvidia GeeForce GTX 650ti
OS installed on solid state HDD C:
Game installed on regular HDD D:

Graphics settings:
1280x720 Full Screen
System Specs: High
All advanced settings: High

Edited by Neon Cyber, 01 April 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#139 habu42

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationGUAM

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Keep getting Secession lost since last patch

#140 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I reinstalled as sugfested in an email from Support and the second match it crashed to mechlab again. This is not what I expected after the stability I had just a few patches ago. I was having NO issues and now I'm having it almost every match. I can't play this game if it keeps crashing. Again, it seems to be running my GPU harder than usual. It's an nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti with 1 GM of DDR5... this should not be happening, since nVidia should be working with you as a 'supporter' of the game. I'm running the most recent nVidia update.

Memory 8 GB DDR3
nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti (1GB DDR5)
OS and MWO Installed on SSD
1920x1080 Fullscreen

I'm using whatever the 'standard' specs are after an MWO install, except that I've upped the resolution to 1920x1080.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users