143 replies to this topic

#21 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

just dumped to mech bay from frozen city. Would also like to mention this is the first time i've crashed since closed beta.

Edited by Battlecruiser, 19 March 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#22 Sugomi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

Played for hours today with no issue, then out of the blue: crash to mechlab.

Spoiler

#23 Ohms Law

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

In game freeze as described by others. Has done this at least 2x per night since the last patch. Only way to get out of it is to launch task manager and kill the process.

#24 TallicaStew

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Well I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to test it today, I will find out tonight. I will say that with the last 2 patches I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall the entire game after each patch to not have any errors. When Alpine was added I kept crashing everytime that map was added and with the last patch when I tried testing grounds it crashed every time. Once I reinstalled it worked fine other than the occasional issues with map and hud disappearing and fps being randomly borked, but those are rare. It's to the point that I already uninstalled this morning and will install the game new when I get home in 6 hours. (it unfortunatly wasn't ready to download when I had to get on the road at 1:15 PDT)

#25 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Crashing to desktop repeatedly. Same specs as previous patch. Very random.

#26 Keyonastring

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Frozen mid match in firefight. ctrl+alt+delete out of game. Twice today in menus random crash of my whole system to black screen like it was trying to launch a match, had to reboot system.

#27 Mason Storm

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

I have gotten "session lost" twice tonight. First time I am not sure what triggered it. Second time I was hitting tab. Likely what I was doing the first time as well.

#28 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

the new control pattern.....is messed up.

disabled the throttle control....and reticle control

if you press w......and you are dashing across the desert,

if ya touch t or y to chat it stops your forward and backward movement....etc etc

thats a bug in my opinion

Edited by metro, 19 March 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#29 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostStudebaker OMO, on 19 March 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

And it keeps crashing and it goes on and on since last months patch, didn´t remember which one. Game keeps freezing ingame and no error report or anything. It´s like that at least for like 1 1/2 months so yeah I´m getting tired. Will wait till next patch and until that will suspend playing.
It´s always the same behaviour, freezes in middle of game and no specific event I can identify what might be causing it, sorry devs you have to figure it out on your own.

Edit: And of course I probably won´t get any premium time back...

this..
Its been about 1. 5months since something went wrong and as far as I know there hasnt been anything said to addressi it.
Just did a second re instal , helped a bit. After yet another freeze I noticed large increases in gpu mem usage on msi afterburner. I turned down my mem OC and will turn it down further still.
Performance in game is good, actually v good considering I have dual core etc, but the stability is a real bummer, especially since game seems to freeze just as I am in the middle of doing something awesome. Iow, its like having sexy time interrupted at exactly the wrong time., all the time.. No fun.

#30 Coterie

Rookie

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

I played a handful of games with the new patch this morning, then logged out. I returned to the game this afternoon and now cannot play a single match. The game freezes at the front end after log on (before the news feed is populated) and then goes to a blackscreen that can only be exited by killing the process. I've tried a number of the solutions proposed for a related problem back in October and November of last year.

Perhaps this is related to the graphic card confusion noted in the Known Issues section, as I am running the game on a laptop. But most confusing is that I could play without any problems at all earlier in the day but now cannot get past the front end.

#31 WarOrk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Update to previous post. See system specs etc. there - (page 1) & recalling that 4 initial matches following patch install all resulted in Session Lost within 5 minutes of drop. 0/4 completed.

Since then.....

I changed nothing, but rebooted (again) and was able to play about 5 matches no issues, then another Session Lost. I AGAIN rebooted, then lowered graphics settings to HIGH (from previous CUSTOM mix of VERY HIGH and HIGH) and also switched from Fullscreen mode to Windowed Fullscreen - was able to play 2-3 drops fine, then WHAM, yet again Session Lost.

Couple other people on here mentioned same, while typically in earlier parts of the match, it seems to occur most often while in the heat/thick of things, but occasionally just while driving around with no engagement.

I also have a laptop that can run the game on moderate settings to about 35fps, which is at least somewhat tolerable. I will try it tomorrow and see how it fares. I was playing on it last week while on vacation and don't recall having any of these Session Lost errors, but I've slept since then and can't remember much anyway.

I fully realize this is Beta yet as a paying founder and continued purchaser of MC to help support YOU, I appreciate any and all efforts you continue to make to fix this nagging and dare I say "joykill" error that has cropped up since 2 patches ago.

It honestly makes me miss the yellow screen, because at least there you could at times ALT+TAB and recover, or at worst, it kept you in-game, and if you squinted just right, you could still shoot at the enemy sometimes - versus this Session Lost error which boots us totally to login screen and then only sometimes allows us back in short of a client restart or even reboot entirely.

As others are experiencing the same (as evidenced herein this forum) I also would like to note that I personally have noticed a dramatic uptick in the number of in-game disconnects since 2 patches ago. Certainly starting to paint a picture in my mind that something in the fixes 2 patches ago has resulted in this and now exacerbated by the latest patch today. Probably every other match today had at least 1 if not more in-game disconnects - BEFORE anyone dropped out due to being killed etc.

And while my brain is on this train of thoughts, I've also experienced more unbalanced (8v7, 8v6, 7v6, even one 8v5) matches since 2 patches ago. n fact, I've managed to convince a few of these unbalanced drops to agree to 1 on 1 combat with others spectating just to keep what would otherwise be an imbalanced crushing defeat into at least some semblance of fun. (Unfortunately too many trolls out there eager for K/D ratio improvements to see this happen frequently.)

Blah blah blah, I digress.

Otherwise, GREAT product, and keep up the great work!

PS - One other thing that thinking back MIGHT come into play... All 4 of my initial drops resulting in Session Lost had me making MechLab changes prior to each drop. Once I found a build I liked, I stopped modding it and I "THINK" that was when I had 5 in a row without Session Lost.

I can say for sure the last match that resulted in Session Lost immediately followed tweaks I made just prior to launch.

I will further test this as well tomorrow. (Tweak then drop = Session Lost, versus no tweak = stable session...)

Seriously, goodnight now...

#32 Unwitting Bystander

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationNearby

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

With the latest patch I experienced crashing despite the game being very stable before. Basically the game would run fine until some random point during the match, which always seemed to be during combat, when the screen would freeze completely. The only thing left to do was to ctrl-alt-del and kill the client with the task manager, which is shown as "not responding".

Ultimately I decided to run the client as administrator, something I should have been doing all along I suppose, and I haven't had any more issues. I was zero for three in completing matches before trying this, and three for three afterward. Admittedly, not a huge sample size but it's encouraging.

#33 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

This is really starting to get grotesque and it borderlines gross incompetence.

AGAIN does the game freeze at seemingly random intervals, locking up for almost ten seconds a time.
AGAIN does the HUD sometimes fail to load on game start.
AGAIN does the battlegrid sometimes fail to open properly.
AGAIN does the chat sometimes not show up at all.
AGAIN does the game sometimes crash randomly back to mechlab.

How the frell do you guys manage to reproduce the SAME BUGS with EACH and EVERY patch you bring out?! Do you have some perverse obsession with these gamebreakers so you deliberately make sure they are not accidentally left out in a new larger patch?!

This is really getting frustrating and if you keep up that level of performance you should probably roll back from public beta to public alpha. :P

#34 Amberite

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

End of match: CTD, no prompt or error report, no game launcher reload.

#35 Cola

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Freeze every match or so when playing in Full Screen, workaround is just play in full window.
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which? No error messages no dump file
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur? In drop
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring? Launching game in full screen
  • Does the crash re-occur for you if repeating those same steps? Yes
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch? Attempted on min/max settings, no change
  • What are your System specs? (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
Intel 3770k @4.5

EVGA GTX670 Driver: 314.24(have also use past 3 driver versions and no effect.)
ASUS P8Z77-I deluxe
8GB corsair vengeance
2TB caviar black /w 64gb SSD cache drive
Direct X is up to date, as are audio drivers.

Also noticed it has a higher rate of freeze on Alpine, and when there are a high level of effects on screen, like missiles or weapon impacts. I have also done a few full reinstall now with no change.

Workaround
Running the game in Full Window instead of Full Screen, seams to clear up the freezes for me, game still crashes but no more then usual.

#36 rdmx

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

The same crashes which began manifesting in the Feb.5 patch are still present. Randomly hanging (no error message) and being forced to CTRL ALT DEL every 1 in 5 matches is NOT okay.

I thought to myself - "ok be patient, they'll surely fix this". It's been over a month and a bit, and there doesn't even seem to be an official acknowledgement of the issue.

Submitted a ticket to support. They said "we know about this" and promptly closed the ticket.

I've tried reinstalling (which made the crashes worse), enabling V Sync, etc and no dice.

I feel like I'm ******* in the wind here. I certainly can't justify spending any more MC. Give us a sign at least.

Specs:
i7 3770k (hyperthreading enabled)
gtx 670
asrock z77 extreme 4
120hz
windows 8 professional 64bit

Edited by rdmx, 20 March 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#37 Amberite

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Crahed on match launch. CTD, no error message, no launcher.

#38 Nonsequitur

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

Getting a lot more random client freezes while in matches after this last patch. Before the patch, it would freeze perhaps once every one or two days. After this patch, the client is freezing once every 3 matches...

#39 Gimmick

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHannover, Germany

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

View Postmekabuser, on 19 March 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

this..
Its been about 1. 5months since something went wrong and as far as I know there hasnt been anything said to addressi it.
Just did a second re instal , helped a bit. After yet another freeze I noticed large increases in gpu mem usage on msi afterburner. I turned down my mem OC and will turn it down further still.
Performance in game is good, actually v good considering I have dual core etc, but the stability is a real bummer, especially since game seems to freeze just as I am in the middle of doing something awesome. Iow, its like having sexy time interrupted at exactly the wrong time., all the time.. No fun.

I know that feeling. Just got it again.

#40 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

Had 6 freezes for no reason yesterday.

This has happened every patch since December.

I receive no errors and I noticed that there is a memory dump as it goes from 1gb used to around 470-600mb used. It can happen on any mech on any map and on any graphic settings. To date this is the only game that does that on my system.

Spoiler

Edited by Eric darkstar Marr, 20 March 2013 - 04:47 AM.

44 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users