143 replies to this topic

#41 Coro Ner

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

Game crash: Memory allocation error...XX bytes failed (24,16,32). Crash happens during match randomly (3 times now in ~ 30 matches).

Gfx: Gainward Phantom GTX 580

Betriebssystem: Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
DirectX-Version: 11.0
GPU-Prozessor: GeForce GTX 580
Treiberversion: 314.07
Direct3D-API-Version: 11
Direct3D-Funktionsebene: 11_0
CUDA-Kerne: 512
Kerntakt: 783 MHz
Shadertakt: 1566 MHz
Speicher-Datenrate: 4020 MHz
Speicherschnittstelle: 384-Bit
Speicherbandbreite: 192.96 GB/s
Gesamter verfügbarer Grafikspeicher: 8955 MB
Dedizierter Videospeicher: 3072 MB GDDR5
System-Videospeicher: 0 MB
Freigegebener Systemspeicher: 5883 MB
Video-BIOS-Version: 70.10.17.00.01
IRQ: 0
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2
Geräte-ID: 10DE 1080 040110B0
Teilenummer: 1261 0002

Edited by Coro Ner, 20 March 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#42 Haitchpeasauce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Hardlock just after death switching to spectator mode in Tourmaline Desert.

Crash to desktop just after the start of Alpine Snow.

#43 Jeye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Screen Freeze is getting to the point where the game is unplayable again. 4 screen freezes today alone and again it happens to multiple people at the same time or anyone who is watching your screen while they are dead.

#44 Coro Ner

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

Screen Freeze during game: the sound still works, i can also type "blind". The screen ist stuck, after death i can spectate and the freeze is gone. Happened a few times now after patch, the screen always freezed when i started to fire. (gfx?)

#45 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

After patch many crashes to mechlab, a few CTD's, uninstalled, re installed. running well, 6 games no bugs,crashes.

#46 Caden Parker

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

View PostOhms Law, on 19 March 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

In game freeze as described by others. Has done this at least 2x per night since the last patch. Only way to get out of it is to launch task manager and kill the process.

multiple times Today, and Mar19 i've experienced freezing, and crashing, only once did it "Freeze" and then close the client,
other times i had to end the process/application.

Win7 64Bit, 8GB ram, GTX275 (latest Drivers[NONBETA]) E8400 C2Duo,

Tried to replicate, cannot accurately pin it to a perticular action, doesn't seem to happen on desert at all...(i'm sure this isn't intentional) Good Luck pinning it down to something, plz fix soon so i can preserve my prematurely added stats.
thx,
J.B.

#47 Kahoumono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

Haven't froze yet but unable to launch, goes to loading screen then idle about 30% of the time. Just FYI cause you don't support outside of North America.

#48 Nordmann

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

CTD every time i fight on Thurmaline Desert - the moment is exactly match ends and statistic window must appear.

Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which? No error messages
Where in the game or menus did the crash occur? Thurmaline Desert map - 100% cnahce
What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring? just playing as usual. If dead - switching in spectator mode.
Does the crash re-occur for you if repeating those same steps? Yes. 100% repetitive
What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch? Windowed mode 1440x900 medium settings. No change
What are your System specs? i7 2700k, 8Gb DDR, AMD HD6750, W7x64

Edited by Nordmann, 20 March 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#49 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

509 views in a single day. That's a VERY bad sign.

#50 C4RNAGE

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationLast known orbit ->Inautus

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

For about 10 games i got like 3 crashes, and did not change any settings.So most possibly is the new patch before patching was fine.
Happened during load the map.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cryengine error

FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was a Windows message.

Edited by C4RNAGE, 20 March 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#51 Taipain

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

wow ... everything is as screwed up as nearly possible, My matches are closing with no error, just drops back to mech lab. My matches are also freezing requiring task master to close this..... It is also like we have no freaking armor at all. Lrms are taking heads legs and arms in one volley. W in T F are you guys doing ?

What a true disappointment, this is as bad as it has ever been in game .. that is if I can stay through a match, by the time it's over I had wished I just gotten booted.

Was fine the day before the patch....
not fine now.

#52 Scipio Africanus

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

My screen has frozen 2/5 matches tonight. It hits HARD, ctrl+shift+escape can't bring up the task manager. The only remedy is a hard reboot. It was happening occasionally using previous patches, but not 20% of the time!

#53 krolmir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

So I have been constantly Freezing in game since the Feb 5 patch. Mostly when I see LRMs hitting, and on occation for no real reason. Got worse after the last patch, on March 19. I have tried every fix I have seen on the Crash / Stability Forums.

I have an alienware desktop, only 4 months old.

After trying everyfix (Registry, TDRdelay, Shaders delete, ETC.), and cranking my graphics to minimum settings; it never improved.

So I said to hell with it and cranked my Graphics to ultra, & turned on V-sync.

Oddly enough, haven't crashed/froze since.

I have a Nvidia 660 Ti Card, Gen3 i7 3.4GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1TB HD, no overclock.

I am wondering if this bug is mostly affecting higher end systems?

Doesn't it seem odd that maxing it has fixed the problem?

Anyone else try this yet?????

#54 DaffyGKH

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Every other match I crash to my mechlab. I've tried every fix there is, from new routers to reformatting PC to restarting my client - and everything inbetween. Nothing works. I can't play the game from my mechlab. Have had this issue for two patches.

View PostTaipain, on 20 March 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

wow ... everything is as screwed up as nearly possible, My matches are closing with no error, just drops back to mech lab. My matches are also freezing requiring task master to close this..... It is also like we have no freaking armor at all. Lrms are taking heads legs and arms in one volley. W in T F are you guys doing ?

What a true disappointment, this is as bad as it has ever been in game .. that is if I can stay through a match, by the time it's over I had wished I just gotten booted.

Was fine the day before the patch....
not fine now.

THIS.

#55 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

The MSI afterburner overlay no longer works after this patch.

The TS3 overlay , when enabled, causes MWO to CTD on client startup.

Win 7 x64 SP1

event logs:
Faulting application name: MWOClient.exe, version: 3.4.1.4418, time stamp: 0x514248d3
Faulting module name: ts3overlay_hook_win32.dll, version: 3.7.16.0, time stamp: 0x5123398b
Exception code: 0xc0000005

Edited by Kill Dozer, 20 March 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#56 Maxx Blue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Game crashes when a match ends in Tourmaline Desert or Alpine Peaks. Every once in a while I can get out of Alpine if it is on assault, but 90%+ of the matches on these two maps result in a crash to the desktop with no error message. If I look in the Omicron.log file this is what it says:

WER: Running CryEngine Exception Handler
WER: Creating Crash Dump
WER: Attempting to load DBGHELP.DLL
WER: DBGHELP.DLL Located
WER: Creating Crash Dump File
WER: Crash Dump File Created writing dump data
Saved dump file to 'user\crashdump.dmp'

I can provide that dump file if necessary. Just email me if you want it.

My system is Win7 64-bit, Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM, and two GeForce GTX 460's.

#57 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

crashing to desktop in every single game since patch at ~3min mark.

#58 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Game started Freezing with the 2/12 Patch. Since the 3/19 patch the game crashes 10 seconds to 3 minutes into gameplay, however, I can play the Test Maps (Training Grounds) indefinately with no crashes ever.

So at present MWO is completely unplayable and I can't reach the end of a match if I do try to play one.

I have a good ADSL connection with around a 90 lag time.

Phenom 2 720 X3 Processor
Gigabyte mainboard/ Realtek Sound
8 GB RAM
1 TB Hard Drive
Nvidia GTX 550 TI

Most recent sound and video drivers.

#59 Valesyde

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:33 PM

Crash to desktop at beginning of second match. Posted omicron and crashdmp,

Win 7
dual gtx480
24gb mem
nvidia sli surround enabled
5760x1080 resolution
all video settings on medium except for AA and shadows which are low/off.

============================ PrepareLevel forestcolony ============================
Initializing default materials...
[Error] Runaway thread
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'objects/environments/skyboxes/forestcolony_clouddome_a.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=objects/environments/skyboxes/forestcolony_clouddome_a.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1_fp.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf_fp.lmg
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop1.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop1.dds]
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
======== forestcolony is loaded in 11.8 sec ========
CGameClientChannel::Release
could not free all buffers from CDevBufferMan!
UnLoadLevel End: 0.3 sec
sv_gamerules = mechlab []
============================ Loading level mechlab ============================
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop0.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/ppc_beam_b.dds]
======== mechlab is loaded in 5.8 sec ========
could not free all buffers from CDevBufferMan!
UnLoadLevel End: 0.3 sec
Game rules class: Assault
============================ PrepareLevel rivercity ============================
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'objects/environments/skyboxes/forestcolony_clouddome_a.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=objects/environments/skyboxes/forestcolony_clouddome_a.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'objects/environments/skyboxes/rivercity_cloud_fulldome.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=objects/environments/skyboxes/rivercity_cloud_fulldome.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'objects/environments/skyboxes/rivercity_planet_dif.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=objects/environments/skyboxes/rivercity_planet_dif.dds]
[Error] Error: CTexMan::ImagePreprocessing: Scaling of 'textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop1.dds' compressed texture is dangerous (only single mip) [File=textures/particles/weapons/laser_beam_1x4_lop1.dds]
[Error] [UIAction] HUD (0): UIElement does not have object _root.mcMain.mcCurrentLayout.mcSpecHud.SetName
======== rivercity is loaded in 11.8 sec ========
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_fs_1_fp.lmg
[Error] locomotion-group not found: animations/mechs/jagermech/lmg_files/flight_take_off_ltf_fp.lmg

This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(478.15a4): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
eax=00000000 ebx=5e00ac08 ecx=00000000 edx=1dd4f53f esi=5e00abc8 edi=1dd4e188
eip=77720c22 esp=1dd4de48 ebp=1dd4de58 iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00000246
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ntdll.dll -
ntdll!ZwGetContextThread+0x12:
77720c22 83c404 add esp,4

#60 Thugyviper

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationIOWA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

before this patch my disconects were few and far between but now im lucky to get through a match.
my comp spects are better or on par with most who have posted them and drivers are all up to date.
I have made no changes other then to get the patch.
5 matches 3 freezes.

Thugyviper

54 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users