143 replies to this topic

#61 TechKiller

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • LocationRUSSIA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Playing on new map in the end of round game crashes and closes. I get to windows desktop.
That's annoying.... I guess I wont play until it will be corrected...

#62 Henry Pride

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 425 posts
  • LocationWorms, Germany

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

Had to kill my Client yesterday 5 times, due to freezes. 1 Crash to Desktop for no reason, and every 5th to 6th game Minimap and HUD issues.

Where it has been 1 freeze every 20 games before the patch, a bug or cdt or freeze seem to appear every 3th to 4th game

#63 Corison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Interesting, the game is stable but I am having a LOT more issues with the UI.

Very frequently (1 game in 5) I will launch into a match fine but there will not be a HUD, or I will not get any IFF feedback on mechs. I know we have seen this issue in the past, but I seem to be hitting it a lot more.

This seems to be most common on the new map, but that may simply be because its more frequent today.

#64 Matta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Europe

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

I don't know if it's already mentioned:

Since the new patch, my entire options get resetted if I click "Launch" and bring another window in front of MWO (I do that sometimes while waiting for matchmaker).
I drop into game in windowed mode (instead full screen) with all settings reset to default.

#65 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

I've been having more UI issues than normal.

Hud colors being swapped on conquest, the battle grid going paper doll. Weird stuff.

I'm beginning to wonder if my anti-virus software or running skype has anything to do with this.

AV being bit defender, their shouldn't be an issue, but IDK

Specs AMD 8320 FX, 16 GB crucial 1600Mhz, ASUS Sabertooth R2.0, XFX 7870 GPU, and Crucial 120gb SSD.

#66 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

For the most part.. there's a lot more crashing to desktop. There's a lot more HUD weirdness going on, like it being missing, the missile reticle disappearing and radar/minimap not working properly.

I think there's a lot more memory leaking going on that's caused this recent behavior...

#67 Tailbane

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Getting this error when trying to start a match:

FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read.

Just started after this afternoon's missle hotfix.

#68 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Since the hotfix I now get cryengine memory allocated errors on every map. Was happening with increasing frequency over past few patches, but now it's literally 8/10 games. Reinstalling at the moment >_>

#69 JimLahey

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

Game STILL hard locks during matches. It got worse after the hotfix. I'm pretty sure LRMs have something to do with the freezing as it usually happens when an LRM salvo is on screen. 3 out of 4 matches so far tonight. For a while It happened less with v-sync enabled but since the today's hotfix, it's unplayable.

Happens in any mech on any map even with stock clocks
Specs:
Spoiler

I really can't play until this issue is fixed.

Edited by spjMrLahey, 21 March 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#70 Beef Hands

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

I was suffering from full black screen freezes that required rebooting to resolve. Had to change my screen resolution to 1920x1080, full window, and lowest graphics settings to get the game to run again. Hope this helps.

#71 Wonderdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

CTD after on clicking "exit match" after the end of every match since hotfix - having to relaunch inbetween games.

View PostspjMrLahey, on 21 March 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

Game STILL hard locks during matches. It got worse after the hotfix. I'm pretty sure LRMs have something to do with the freezing as it usually happens when an LRM salvo is on screen. 3 out of 4 matches so far tonight. For a while It happened less with v-sync enabled but since the today's hotfix, it's unplayable.

Happens in any mech on any map even with stock clocks
Specs:
Spoiler

I really can't play until this issue is fixed.

Disable the O/C on your cpu and see if it helps - alternate patches give me the same issue on my O/C'd 2600K.

Edited by Wonderdog, 22 March 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#72 Tyranum

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I've been a victim of Memory Allocation Errors for a while now but since the last patch I have re-installed hoping that might fix it. In a way it has, well maybe not 'fixed it', but made it predictable. I will CTD with a memory allocation error, every single time during the load screen of River City (night or day doesn't matter) since the last patch and having re-installed the game.
I have been using my Jagers almost exclusively since buying them (and loving them by the way!) not sure if it's a clash with the Jagers and River City or not.

I also get a lot of frozen black screen after exiting a match (not map specific). This is not new with the last patch but it seems to be somewhat worse since then. I have to ctrl-alt-del to get out of it.

I've had some in game freezing as well but this again, is not new, and I don't believe is worse since the last patch...just not improved.

Keep up the great work!
I've never spent so much money on something that's free :)

**EDIT: Happened again...seems to be River City specific for me after re-install.

View PostGevurah, on 21 March 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

Since the hotfix I now get cryengine memory allocated errors on every map. Was happening with increasing frequency over past few patches, but now it's literally 8/10 games. Reinstalling at the moment >_>

This was exactly me...I re-installed and it improved but sadly did not go away completely. At least now it's playable again. Good luck!

Edited by Tyranum, 22 March 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#73 Foster Bondroff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

Number of crashes, memory allocation error or CTDs has increased tremendously with the three last patches. Game in now in an almost unplayable state. Totaly unplayable for competitive group drops, as the change to crash etc. is enormous.

No changes client side so far, no changes in ingame settings.

Tested .pak files for corruption, nothing found. Shader cache cleared multiple times, no change in behaviour.

Very sad developement for me, as game was running very stable after that patch adressing the memory leak. To me it seems something with memory handling is again broken.

#74 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Game is still crashing ~10-20% of the games I'm in (wrecking my stats too because disco's count as deaths when they kill me, although for good reason). Crashing to desktop or else freezing up in random times in the game. I-7 2600K @ 4.6, Windows 7-64 bit, EVGA 580 gtx SC, 8gb Ram, Asus P8P67 Pro. Really starting to wonder if this will ever be able to get fixed..

Edited by White Panther, 22 March 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#75 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

9 of 11 crashes so far since the patches.
Great job on making the game more stable.

And that's this week alone. I think I'm done with you guys until you mention actual stability fixes in your patch notes.

Clearly you don't know what you're doing.

Edited by Lugh, 22 March 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#76 Neverther

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I can confirm what spjMrLahey said.
Client freezes when LRMs are on screen. I've got couple videos recorded on them. Firing LRM myself, or chasing LRM Treb with my trusty 4G Hunch (who is also in the getting LRMs inbound).
Strange thing is that the missile is still playing its sounds (fading away, listened that a long time and it just kept fading slowly), and sometimes after 4-6 secs some other ingame sound plays (in those cases alt-tab works).
Sometimes alt-tab helps, but most of the time it stays frozen.

Crashes to desktop on exiting match...sometimes but not too bad.
i5-3750K
GTX580
Also seen on river city the FPS increase over twofold when a bunch of 3xac2 hunchbacks started playing poormans rotary autocannon, 8secs of that and crash (but that was couple patches ago).

#77 Gummiente

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

since 2-3 Patches the freeze increase immediately in the game
in approx 20% of the games i have a freeze at any time in between the 15 minutes.
i have changed no settings or config

a other point is.
I must close and restart the game clint after 5-6 games.
otherwise i became a massive frame drop from app 40 fps down to 10 fps.

the only positive is.
because i must so often restart the game. Freeze
I do not play often with the framedrop :)

#78 forcemac

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Some small patch was pushed to my client this afternoon (22 Mar). I can log in, but can't select a mech or launch a game. Mech Lab looks like an asteroid belt...lots of spheres , but not mech garage...

Client crashes if i try to select another mech from my list...

#79 Zartakras

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

I've been experiencing several crash to Mechlabs since two patches ago. I've sent in multiple tickets.

#80 Tyranum

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostLugh, on 22 March 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

9 of 11 crashes so far since the patches.
Great job on making the game more stable.

And that's this week alone. I think I'm done with you guys until you mention actual stability fixes in your patch notes.

Clearly you don't know what you're doing.

Really? They've created a game that we all care enough about to come and post on the forums (730+ posts for you!) not to mention the countless hours of play time. Yes the crashes are annoying....but honestly I hope to "not know what I'm doing" as well as they do someday.
Give it a rest and be respectful. they are working as hard as they can to make it great, are they there yet? No but....so far so good imo.

That's why they call it Beta.

Edited by Tyranum, 22 March 2013 - 03:12 PM.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users