• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostCaemric Thunder, on 19 March 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

When someone puts a cap in your head.

What's the country of origin of that expression?

#23 JagerMAN

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostChild3k, on 19 March 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Jep - bought a Jager tonight. Played a couple of rounds - 15 or sth. - got cockpitted a lot. Twice while turning my back towards the incoming LRM fire ... seems off. Sth's not right.

Well the jager head hitbox is on the big side i'd say.. been getting headshot without the LRMS.. got head shot by srms..

If u ask me the the jager hitbox is too big and the cataphract with that huge array of cockpit glass has a hitbox too small..

#24 Rahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBlaine Washington

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

yup Jeager gets headed quick by lrms 1-2 volleys boom

#25 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

This is a discussion specifically about a technical quirk resulting from a patch, and so is being moved to Patch Feedback where the Devs can look at it from a technical perspective.

#26 Waeo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

5 head shot deaths so far in a jager today so far... about 50% deaths to headshots ;p

#27 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostRobert blackseven Sohn, on 19 March 2013 - 03:03 PM, said:

My corpmates seem to be getting headcapped at an increased rate. They seem to think that LRMs are a major culprit, tighter spread focusing near the head. I have no real data beyond anecdote, so I'm just seeing if others are having this experience.

Yes, I've seen it happen twice so far. The splash damage from LRM's seems to be damaging head sections now, which they had previously turned off in an earlier patch.

#28 Vellinious

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 254 posts
  • LocationCorn field

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

I didn't even have to work hard at it today to get head shots. I tallied 8 all by my lonesome, and died so many times to them, it's not even funny. I quit counting after 6....and played 3 more hours after that.

Just when I thought they were starting to get it right, they went and TOTALLY REDEEMED THEMSELVES!

#29 Cervantes88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

Oh, so that's it.

Well, this is worthy of a magistral facepalm, and since the devs apparently never heard of the word "hotfix" we're going to have to play a broken game until HOPEFULLY next tuesday. Not.

Guess it's time for some Crysis 3 multiplayer. *sigh*

#30 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

Yep, getting headshot by pretty much anything that causes splash damage. Tested my 'Phract, K2, and Raven to see if it was just one chasis, but it seems to be all models. Cross talk in game supports this theory...

#31 TwitchMaster

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:40 PM

100's of games and on patch day I bought my Jager and every other match was death by headshot. Catapult, Jag, Stalker, even my Spider... So I figure something is fishy. Either all the elite people suddenly wanted to play because of the new mech, cooling and maps ... or there is a new feature introduced... I don't stop, I move, do a little dance, and still my head gets popped. Before the 19th of March, maybe once a week, and even that was because i took massive all body dmg (no leg, no right / left side, finally death by headblast). Its like CT front is getting part into the head.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users