#21 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostXajorkith, on 19 March 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

It's not much fun hiding from lrm boats all the time (when there's no ECM cover), knowing it only takes a few seconds of exposure to cripple an unmanoeuvrable assault or heavy class mech when brawling.

Its probably not much fun to hide in cover when someone's shooting at you either but you probably shouldnt come out and scream nerf bullets

#22 TerebNeerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:13 AM

The increased splash radius explains several of the key issues people are complaining about. Mainly people are reporting the following issues:

1) Getting legged by LRMs
  • Splash damage radius means missiles that hit the torso are now splashing to the legs as well
  • Pursuit trajectory of LRMs often leads to faster (80kph+) mechs getting hit in the legs because that's the only place the missiles can hit
  • Missiles that hit the ground near legs are splashing to the legs
  • Mechs with high hip joints are getting splash on the legs from torso hits (Stalker, others?)
2) Getting headshot by missiles (of all types)
  • I've personally noticed this more on mechs with lower cockpits (Catapult, Jager). This jives with the increased splash radius as many of the missiles hitting the torso are hitting the cockpit now too
3) LRMs are stripping off too much armor & doing too much damage per shot (other missiles too, but LRMs in particular)
  • People are dealing far more than the damage per missile than missile racks are supposed to do
  • The increased splash radius means the splash damage is taking effect more often

Edited by TerebNeerg, 20 March 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#23 MN03

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

My own little test.

Before yesterday's patch:
LRM 5: hit = 829 , Damage = 1352 . 1352 / 829 = 1.63 damage per missile.

After yesterday's patch (I never used these LRM's before):
LRM 10: Hit = 2366 , Damage = 6458 . 6458 / 2366 = 2.73 damage per missile
LRM 15: Hit = 3016 , Damage = 8454 8454 / 3016 = 2.80 damage per missile.

Conclusion: Missiles are doing ~1.0 damage more (2.8 instead of 1.8),

#24 Dasein

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

I get two volley of 2*lrm 15 on my ctf-2x and i lost my left arm, right was red and my both legs yellow, both torsos go yellow but ct get only yellow armor. This is heavy mech with max armor goes down in less than 2 sec. How is this possible? What the devs thinking? I gone play only my RVN-3L, with it i can at least kill those lrmboats.

#25 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Actually the higher numbers are very likely because the legs are now taking damage as they should, whereas prior to the patch legs were insanely hardy.

On an Atlas, head doesn't usually take much damage from LRMs. Components you can hit with LRMs pre-patch are: CT, LT, RT, (RA), (LA). 3-5 components depending on whether or not arms are hit. Components you hit post-patch are: CT, LT, RT, (RA), (LA). 5-7 components. I would predict a +40-66% damage increase simply because legs are now hit. I doubt there have been additional damage effects aside from this, but I can't be completely sure.

Edited by Hayashi, 20 March 2013 - 08:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users