What About Lrms Has Changed? I'm Honestly Confused

51 replies to this topic

#21 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

View PostVoidcrafter, on 20 March 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Would you "pro" players stop accusing the others for being a complete idiots that have no idea what the word "cover" is.
Man, I've got so much similar crap, that I'm sick of it already.
Yea, damage is not a criteria about how good someone is, but looking at that game I can already tell you, that all the 7 of the players didn't played that bad, or atleast are not that brain damaged as you presume.
Just, please, for just 10 seconds, get out from that friggin box and think out if it:
Just imagine that actually something with your favorite weapon is wrong? Can you? No?
LRMs are broken. Can you finally face this thing?
Yea they seems to do what they're inteded to. But they shouldn't. Do you know why?
Cause no weapon in no game, requires that much(if any) skill to operate should do such harm.
So yea - basically I run around like a complete *****, always trying to stay in a cover, cause some bad player on the other team decided to go LRM boating. So - ok - I can take in consideration this only and single player, and just because he's in the game(even tho we just assume he's not a skillful player) I should change my entire playstyle.
Ok - I can live with that, I can chicken around and stuff and be punished for the 5 secs I left my cover and the fact some light have targeted me.
Getting out of cover does not make you *****. It's game mechanics and stuff.
Cause smart people will push you out of cover, or sooner or later you should change your position, or something else.
And in that ~5 <--> 10 secs you require to do that you get obliterated by someone who is boating with LRMs.
Stop accusing the others of not being able to play, or either do that leaving your ingame name, so I can make a black list and stomp the hell out of you "pro" players next time I see you on the battlefield.
LRMs now, in their intention to either do splash damage, or hit lower areas of your body, goes through the cockpit, making it completely possible to be killed from 2 salvos of LRM15, just cause your head exploded.
And if that doesn't happen the legs go off.
Nope. It doesn't sounds fair to me.
Edit: typos, I do that alot so I beg for pardon :huh:

He was being sarcastic.

#22 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Only change I've noticed is that they're hitting more locations now - including the legs, which is ok, and the cockpit, which they're hitting a bit too much. But SSRMs are hitting cockpits worse atm, particularly against the new Jaegermech.

#23 Immitem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationVICO Capital of Canada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostRhent, on 19 March 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Agreed. Remove the warning. Remove the lock. Give LRM's the same velocity of Gauss. Everything fixed.

What the crap are you talking about? I do not think you meant to reply to me.

#24 Grand Ayatollah Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

LRMs are doing double splash damage to head hitboxes. I got pitted by an LRM volley for the first time tonight.

#25 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:50 AM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 20 March 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

He was being sarcastic.

If that is true, then I honestly apologize for being that sharky. Just... it didn't seemed that way :huh:
Probably I played way too much for the past two weeks and my hate towards 3Ls and LRMs is escalating more than the point I could actually retain my impartiallity.
With every passed game it feels more and more unfair and imballanced weapon.
So again - I apologize to the people I managed to annoy.
I really mean it :wacko:

#26 Hobosapien

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIndianna

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

ive hit with 615 LRMs today only (normally use artemis so this is the first time ive run standard lrms in awhile) I dealt 1585 dmg. that's an average of 2.57723 (reapeating) per missile. my feeling is lrms are op, but get shut down by the op ECM both need tuning :/

#27 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostVoidcrafter, on 20 March 2013 - 12:50 AM, said:

If that is true, then I honestly apologize for being that sharky. Just... it didn't seemed that way :huh:
Probably I played way too much for the past two weeks and my hate towards 3Ls and LRMs is escalating more than the point I could actually retain my impartiallity.
With every passed game it feels more and more unfair and imballanced weapon.
So again - I apologize to the people I managed to annoy.
I really mean it :wacko:

Why get upset over gundamsforumonline

#28 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

Before I rant about the obvious trollpolka of comments here, let me rather explain to you how to fight LRMboats.
Yesterday, Assault, on River City Night. We start low, they start high. We were a 3 man premade with the rest PUGs, with no teamspeak, so communicating on ingame chat like everyone else.
While we had a very good mix of units (except, no lights), they had all LRMboats, with 2 Jagermechs and 1 Cataphract dropped in.
They did not move away from their starting place for most of the game, all the time hailing down LRM on us, with AC/2 fire from the Jagers in between.
So we all hid between the buildings near where Kappa is in Conquest, only occasionally showing up and firing M-Lasers on them at a distance where they don't even do damage, to troll them into firing more LRMs on us, and every time moving back behind the buildings so the LRM would explode harmlessly on the walls.
When they ran out of ammo, after about 11 minutes, they had managed to kill only one of us, the rest was damaged but not badly (no one else had lost components).
So, as soon we noticed they were out of LRM, we charged and killed the living hell out of them. We won the game only 3 secondes before closing time, in 14:57 total, but we won it 8:3.

TL,DR: Even if you have no cover to approach the LRMboats, just make them waste their ammo on long range and then kill them. It's not that difficult.

#29 roguetrdr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 20 March 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

Before I rant about the obvious trollpolka of comments here, let me rather explain to you how to fight LRMboats.
Yesterday, Assault, on River City Night. We start low, they start high. We were a 3 man premade with the rest PUGs, with no teamspeak, so communicating on ingame chat like everyone else.
While we had a very good mix of units (except, no lights), they had all LRMboats, with 2 Jagermechs and 1 Cataphract dropped in.
They did not move away from their starting place for most of the game, all the time hailing down LRM on us, with AC/2 fire from the Jagers in between.
So we all hid between the buildings near where Kappa is in Conquest, only occasionally showing up and firing M-Lasers on them at a distance where they don't even do damage, to troll them into firing more LRMs on us, and every time moving back behind the buildings so the LRM would explode harmlessly on the walls.
When they ran out of ammo, after about 11 minutes, they had managed to kill only one of us, the rest was damaged but not badly (no one else had lost components).
So, as soon we noticed they were out of LRM, we charged and killed the living hell out of them. We won the game only 3 secondes before closing time, in 14:57 total, but we won it 8:3.

TL,DR: Even if you have no cover to approach the LRMboats, just make them waste their ammo on long range and then kill them. It's not that difficult.

Gee I wish my Epeen was as large as yours. We all must be wrong if one as godly at this game as you disagrees with us.

#30 Voidcrafter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 718 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 20 March 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

Great idea!!
Let we all be comfortable with the builds of two ppl who(again, dont mean to offend anyone, just for the drama you know :huh: ) are bad players gone LRM boating and stand like a sissies behind some large hill until they run out of ammo.
For 11 mins.
Are you seriously taking that THAT lightly?
Try to picture yourself in the same situation, but on Conquest game mode.
Won't be that *fun* won't it?
What if those two were actually a gauss build, or dual AC5/UAC5/AC2/put your ballistic here, or what if they were any other weapon weilding mech in the game? Would you still be waiting for 11 mins?
You see the point there? The other weapons in the same scenario are not that dangerous, cause they just require some skill to hit the target, still are endangered by a larger miss percent.
While it's unpleasant to be dual-gauused to oblivion by a player, it actually takes some skill from the named player to hit you at all for the same(if not a way less) damage as a player with no skill at all with the LRMs at the moment.
You can't possibly be telling me that LRMs are fine, after your whole team stood behind cover for 11 mins, waiting them to run out of ammo, can you?

#31 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

I have noticed I large uptick of head shots with LRMs since the patch. It happened to me 3 times in ~15 matches last night. I had it happen twice in back to back matches. The frist time I had been hit but laser fire there frist so I though nothing of it. BUT the other two times I had an undamaged head component. I should also mention that the surroundind torso armor was turned only yellow by the same attack. No I wasn't standing still, and I WAS BRIEFLY in the open as I was moveing from one place of cover into another.

Edited by Mao of DC, 20 March 2013 - 03:38 AM.

#32 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

I can not say i have seen much of a change actually. But then again i have been driving my old Hunchback so it might be due to that. It seems the Jag head hitbox is fairly large so if you are in a Jag i assume it seems like they are more efficient.

But that being said since they have made changes to the LRM it would not hurt to make another pass at them. Maybe something changed that should not have changed.

#33 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

View Postroguetrdr, on 20 March 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

Gee I wish my Epeen was as large as yours. We all must be wrong if one as godly at this game as you disagrees with us.

I am not godly at this game. My K/D is 0.46, and my W/L somewhere around 0.7, so I'm a rather bad player actually. But I play a lot, and that's why I see a lot of what tactics good players use.
So you can turn off your sarcasm now, trolling does not work on me.

On a related note:
Why is it that in the german forum nobody whines about LRM?

#34 Keigo

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 20 March 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

I can not say i have seen much of a change actually. But then again i have been driving my old Hunchback so it might be due to that. It seems the Jag head hitbox is fairly large so if you are in a Jag i assume it seems like they are more efficient.

It's not just related to the JM. If you can spare the time and are interested, browse through the forum some more and you'll find plenty of people with various Mechs noticing the same thing, from both sides too. Not just the receiving end of the LRMs :huh:

#35 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 20 March 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

On a related note:
Why is it that in the german forum nobody whines about LRM?

I play this game at many different times of the day. I have found that playstyles differ depending on the time of day you play. During the Western Hemisphere (North and South America) primetime LRMs are used alot. Where as during the Eastern Hemisphere's (Europe/ Asia) I have encountered more direct line of sight sniper fire. I not saying this is a hard and fast rule more of a trend I have noticed. This trend might be why there is less LRM chatter on the German forum.

#36 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 20 March 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

On a related note: Why is it that in the german forum nobody whines about LRM?

Because they are whining about 8 hardpoints Jägermechs :-P

Splash has to be removed from missiles. THEN we have to see how to nerf/buff them. I really hope that PGI can manage a hotfix before the patchday on april 2.

#37 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostImmitem, on 19 March 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

I am just as baffled. I was annihilated in the last match by LRMs. Something seems different yet I cannot put my finger on it. If I was to take a flying guess it would be tighter grouping.

The artemis grouping is tighter, coupled with the fixed damage to legs, plus the enormous head hit box on the new JagerMech are all kind of combining at the same time. Once they make the splash damage change, and fix the head hit box on the JagerMech, I think we will have a better picture of where LRMs are at.

Calling for nerfs at this point would be premature, and would just end up pushing lrms to the back burner non-competitive play role again.

#38 Stargoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 284 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostAlymbic, on 19 March 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Its the splash damage I think. I got 2700 damage today with LRM's, seems a little bit too effective. Looking at my stats, LRM damage averages out to 1.9 per missile... which doesn't sound too much higher, but ive hit with 18,830 lrms, only about 2-3 thousand today, so it'll take a while to pull the average up further post patch (I've fired about 67 thousand in total, but cover and so on stop 'em :/)

I was in that match. We barely managed to win, but you killed 7 of us, 5 of which as the last man standing. Good effort, but something is seriously wrong with LRMs.

#39 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

View Postmwhighlander, on 19 March 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Looks like LRMs need a damage nerf. I say good. Give them an entire weapon mechanic overhaul while we're at it. The current way LRMs work is just stupid anyway.

it seems more like the splash damage bug got a buff,the weapon system itself is fine

#40 AdultPuppetShow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 165 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSpace Texas

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

My poor K2 has never been more afraid of it's missile endowed brethren.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users