What About Lrms Has Changed? I'm Honestly Confused

51 replies to this topic

#41 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Alarm bells started ringing for me when I saw a catapult with 2 LRM15's, a TAG, and a single ML top 1400 damage on FROZEN CITY O_o

Next closest damage on either team was me at 386 lol

#42 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 20 March 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Only change I've noticed is that they're hitting more locations now - including the legs, which is ok, and the cockpit, which they're hitting a bit too much. But SSRMs are hitting cockpits worse atm, particularly against the new Jaegermech.

If Jagermechs are coming within SRM range of an opponent, they're doing it wrong anyway. The LRMs might be buggy right now, but one thing I hope they don't do is reduce the head hitbox of the Jagermech.

#43 JimSuperBleeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationZimbabwe

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

The real issue is that they are so awesome everyone is using them. So if you get unlucky you have 200+ missiles coming at you first volley.

#44 NitroDev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

some people just won't be happy until we're reduced to this...

Edited by NitroDev, 20 March 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#45 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostImmitem, on 19 March 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

That's easy to say when your are not already engaged and trying to dodge your initial opponent.

dont fight in the open?

#46 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

Weapon Matches Fired Hit Accuracy Time Equip. Damage
LRM 20 49 14,320 4,887 34.13% 04:17:37 7,877
LRM 15 73 39,285 14,748 37.54% 06:02:08 33,099

My stats. For LRM's I think the data set is large enough.

LRM15 does 2.24 damage per missile hit on average.
LRM20 does 1.6 damage per missile hit on average.

I've got an AWS-8T with 2xLRM15 and a HBK with 1xLRM20.

Something is wrong both ways.

Edited by Hauser, 20 March 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#47 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostJimSuperBleeder, on 20 March 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

The real issue is that they are so awesome everyone is using them. So if you get unlucky you have 200+ missiles coming at you first volley.

Sorry, but no, that's not the real issue. Because a single LRM15-20 salvo is demolishing Light mechs, two is doing the same to Medium mechs, and three is reducing heavies to their core. It is not a matter of there being more LRMs. It is not the cause of the bug, it is the result of the bug, because everyone wants to get in on the action.

#48 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

View Postjay35, on 20 March 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Sorry, but no, that's not the real issue. Because a single LRM15-20 salvo is demolishing Light mechs, two is doing the same to Medium mechs, and three is reducing heavies to their core. It is not a matter of there being more LRMs. It is not the cause of the bug, it is the result of the bug, because everyone wants to get in on the action.

Without video proof you are just lying or stupid.
My Awesome 8T with 2xALRM15 and Tag wasn't able to kill mechs with such ease after the patch. Even with noobs walking in the open AND ignoring me.

#49 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 20 March 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

Before I rant about the obvious trollpolka of comments here, let me rather explain to you how to fight LRMboats.
Yesterday, Assault, on River City Night. We start low, they start high. We were a 3 man premade with the rest PUGs, with no teamspeak, so communicating on ingame chat like everyone else.
While we had a very good mix of units (except, no lights), they had all LRMboats, with 2 Jagermechs and 1 Cataphract dropped in.
They did not move away from their starting place for most of the game, all the time hailing down LRM on us, with AC/2 fire from the Jagers in between.
So we all hid between the buildings near where Kappa is in Conquest, only occasionally showing up and firing M-Lasers on them at a distance where they don't even do damage, to troll them into firing more LRMs on us, and every time moving back behind the buildings so the LRM would explode harmlessly on the walls.
When they ran out of ammo, after about 11 minutes, they had managed to kill only one of us, the rest was damaged but not badly (no one else had lost components).
So, as soon we noticed they were out of LRM, we charged and killed the living hell out of them. We won the game only 3 seconds before closing time, in 14:57 total, but we won it 8:3.

TL,DR: Even if you have no cover to approach the LRM boats, just make them waste their ammo on long range and then kill them. It's not that difficult.

Here is another cute story.

We were hiding from the Steel rain as well when suddenly out of nowhere a Goat with a Flute drove by. Everyone was so memorized by the music they started to follow the Goat. Sadly, the enemies Rain had failed to Stop and all was lost.

See, there any a myriad of different situations. Just because your "one off" worked, is that now to be the new defacto standard as to how the enemy should play when they have Missile boats?

Of course not, don't be so presumptuous.

View PostVincent Lynch, on 20 March 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

On a related note:
Why is it that in the german forum nobody whines about LRM?

Because real Germans much prefer Beer over Whine? LOL :)

#50 Zero Neutral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,107 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostSeverus Baggins Kerensky, on 19 March 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Nothing is wrong. LRM is fine now. They should keep LRM viable like this to keep the game varied because lasers and cannons can be boring. If anything, they should nerf ECM. That thing is so OP it's nuts. How can they have something that made me unable to use my LRMs, it's so unfair. TAG is not the answer because that would mean I have to break cover to use it and that's the only way to be safe from other LRMs.

Clearly uses LRM all of the time.

Edited by Zero Neutral, 20 March 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#51 Ciecieji

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

I've lost my cockpit almost one out of every 2 matches. In fact, I've been pitted more times in the last two days that I have the during the rest of the time that I have been playing. In many cases I've died with intact armor at all other locations. The issue with LRM's right now is that there is too much splash damage to cockpit making what is normally the most difficult/high skill kill laughably easy to achieve. It doesn't help that half the community is exploiting it, or that LRM damage per hit might be high, but honestly, if LRM's just stopped wrecking my cockpit every time a decent volley landed I wouldn't be so concerned about the other issues. It's fine that LRMs spash, I'm okay with them doing extra damage. It sucks that any mech over about 50 tons, when armor become more of your defense than speed is basically useless because the only armor that matters is the 18 you can put in the head slot.

#52 Immitem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationVICO Capital of Canada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 20 March 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

dont fight in the open?

OH GEE! I never thought of that! I guess missiles do not work down city corridors, canyons, or trenches. They are totally not a perfect funnel at 200M when you are already fighting someone else.

Edited by Immitem, 20 March 2013 - 01:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users