#21 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

It's during times like this that I like to listen to inspirational music.

#22 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Stop crying, start adapting.
I'm only a newbie, and in my Dragon 1N you will never see me cursing my CT. If you can't adapt to a mech's weaknesses, play another mech, or Super Mario, or whatever.

If missiles are a problem for you, use vertical cover and/or AMS. There are enough options out there.
If they kill you easily, you did something wrong. Probably too greedy, maybe?

This patch hasn't broken the game at all. In fact, I have seen several really nice improvements. If they continue that trend, I'll probably become the biggest MWO fanboy out there (except for those who actually care about the fluff).

Edited by Denolven, 20 March 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#23 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz, Outer Sphere Periphery

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostDenolven, on 20 March 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Stop crying, start adapting.
I'm only a newbie, and in my Dragon 1N you will never see me cursing my CT. If you can't adapt to a mech's weaknesses, play another mech, or Super Mario, or whatever.

If missiles are a problem for you, use vertical cover and/or AMS. There are enough options out there.
If they kill you easily, you did something wrong. Probably too greedy, maybe?

This patch hasn't broken the game at all. In fact, I have seen several really nice improvements. If they continue that trend, I'll probably become the biggest MWO fanboy out there (except for those who actually care about the fluff).

Its replys like this that makes posting on these forums even better. I love the white knight, you to have your role here on these forums and your post is appriciated. I love the gest that you feel that I am simply crying, if that is what you interperate by hopefully reading evey post all the way through that I have made then so be it. But please do not condenced the fact that YOU are the only one that has never felt that somthing has been screwd up.

Your pretentiousness is greatly appriciated but please go back and read my post again. you say your a fan of MWO if you were you would be aware of the situation that is right infront of you.

{S}
May the warden clans forever watch over the IS and MWO/PGI

#24 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostSmokinDave73, on 20 March 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

...im not waiting 2 weeks for this disgrace to be fixed.

And you really think anyone cares?

#25 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostDenolven, on 20 March 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

If they continue that trend, I'll probably become the biggest MWO fanboy out there

The road to becoming the biggest MWO fanboy out there, you have already reached the end. And at the end
awaits the internal test server. You are now officially a MWO wise-guy. One of the family.

#26 Idolo

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

If it wasnt so sad i would find it hilarious that a company who's job it is to develop games manages to bring out a patch like this which exuberates existing problems to suchs an extent.

I played a few games today or should i say tried to play a few games today, the only thing i see are lrm boats it's utterly ridiculous. You have to scramble from cover to cover and god forbid you take cover in the wrong place where another lrm boat has a shot because then you're dead. Whats that ? Missiles hit your torso....lets blow out your cockpit instead.

I know this is all bug related and will be ''fixed'' in 2 weeks, but from a personal point of view this patch should never have gone live in it's current form and the impact it has on the game.

Sadly, i think ill have to join the people taking a break untill the "fix".

End rant.

#27 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Anyone remember how Artemis was the first few days before they hotfixed it? Yes they can hotfix stuff if they have no other choices so you can expect this to be fixed too.

Artemis had no testing what so ever before it was released upon us. That is for sure.

#28 Livebait

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 411 posts
  • LocationDrop ship Alpha, drinking beer

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Yup, the game is broken bad now. I played 5 games and that was it for me. I think MWO is an absolute piece of fecal. At this point I will only play every time a patch comes out.

#29 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

View PostSmokinDave73, on 20 March 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

Nearly forgot to add my own disclaimer, I played 4 games in my jager mech to test this with my clan and im posting on every thread to make the Dev's aware of the **** up they have cause to get this HOTFIXED im not waiting 2 weeks for this disgrace to be fixed.

oh noez, my Jaggermechs headhitbox is too big, I have 0 other mechs, if PGI doesn't fix this right now I'm quitting forever!

You want some cheese with that whine?

#30 SmokinDave73

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz, Outer Sphere Periphery

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 20 March 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

oh noez, my Jaggermechs headhitbox is too big, I have 0 other mechs, if PGI doesn't fix this right now I'm quitting forever!

You want some cheese with that whine?

Ill take mozzarella with some parmensan powder sprinkled on top while you at it make it red wine so it matches some of the colour of your brain cells oh wait you have none. This thread is not a **** fest if you or anyone else thinks that the jager has been fully tested and has no flaws post it on your own thread. Thanks for the bump though and a reason to shut down youur 3479th post ill gladly do the same to your 3480th
{S}
Glad my post caught your attention

Edit: panzer good thinking let the trolls roll in!

Edited by SmokinDave73, 20 March 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#31 MaxCalibre

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Bump

#32 Denolven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostSmokinDave73, on 20 March 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

Its replys like this that makes posting on these forums even better. I love the white knight, you to have your role here on these forums and your post is appriciated. I love the gest that you feel that I am simply crying, if that is what you interperate by hopefully reading evey post all the way through that I have made then so be it. But please do not condenced the fact that YOU are the only one that has never felt that somthing has been screwd up.

1. I'm not a White Knight. I rage, I say stupid things, I am largely blind just like everyone else. Sometimes it looks like I claim to be all shiny - but that's an assumption you do. Your perception doesn't neccessarily match my intention (nor does my behavior neccessarily match my intention).
Or maybe I have a hidden desire to be a shiny knight? I don't know.

2. I've read most of the stuff that was written later, and yes I noticed you stepping back a bit. I should have included a cite to show what I was answering to, my fault. Some call it emotional, I call it crying, and others may have different names. Don't take it too personal. Language is always a difficult thing, multiple filters causing all kinds of trouble. All I wanted to say is: if the way doesn't work, use another one instead of trying that one again and again and complaining about it not working.

3. Of course some things are screwed up. But you know what? I'm tired of focusing on the bad stuff. All it does is making me miserable again and again. I rather look at the good stuff and am happy if we get more cool things. It's way healthier (both mentally and physically), and it's way more encouraging for the makers, too.

#33 Godswrath

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSterling heights Michigan

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostMaxCalibre, on 20 March 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Bump

Did you just bump this for the pure enjoyment your getting out of reading everyone's posts ??? LOL

#34 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostKeigo, on 20 March 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Why does everyone feel the need to make their own thread about a subject that's already heavily being discussed about in numerous other threads? The forum is full of spam about this already, not to mention how pointless it is to get all worked up about it. They made a sub-forum called patch feedback, with several threads where you can post all your issues in. And why are so many people socially ******** (this isn't aimed at you particulary, but to everyone throwing a fit)? Is it really that hard to keep your frustrations to yourself and actually stick to the constructive/relevant info? ~.~

PGI does't really listen to forum feedback and its abundantly clear that they don't consider hitboxes or mech scale to be a balance issue. I think the real question is why he's even bothering to try when the entire history of the awesome/dragon shows that PGI has no intention of fixing such issues.

#35 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

#36 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

While you may have a point, being an ******* about it won't help.

#37 Krell Darkmoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDude, where's my Atlas?

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostSmokinDave73, on 20 March 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

TLDR: missles are broken and hit boxes on all mechs are way to easy to hit. Jager mech head hitbox so big makes the mech unplayble waste of time.

This thread matches the title, PGI I don’t know how you can screw up a patch so badly but somehow you have achieved exactly that. The jager mech is a really cool mech, but its head hit box is FAR too big and you are LITERALLY glass cannon. If this does not get hotfixed you will lose so many founders including me to such a massive oversight. Don’t you guys pay people to at least test mechs before release??? I know we are beta testers for this game but there is only so many games I can handle running to my death just to prove my point for you guys by giving actual hard evidence. The second game breaker is LRM's. Last patch they were very powerful borderline OP March 19th patch they are now broken. I have actual screenshot of only heads being removed by both SRM and LRM. PLEASE at least warn us in the patch notes that you fiddled with this things and say disclaimer WARNING WE MAY HAVE BROKEN THE MISSLES disclaimer. There are many other things that you guys broke this patch but I could not list them all without boring the entire community(probably already have). This patch besides the new beautiful Desert map great job map dev's is a real kick in the pants to everyone in the community and I have now lost faith in PGI as a team as a result.

EDIT: edited the title to better reflect my goal for this thread.

Got anything constructive to say? Or just a Lot of QQ but I like the Map.

#38 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Waaaaaaaaaaaagh!

#39 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Developer Response to Missile Damage:

http://mwomercs.com/...srmssrm-update/

The Developers are working on the Missile Situation now, please view their response and standby for fixes when they are prepared.

#40 Grumbling Coot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

@OP

I actually like the Jager, but I agree that missiles are totally broken. I actually got HEADSHOT FROM BEHIND by LRM splash damage. How the F**K does that happen with a cockpit in middle of the center torso?

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users