Disabling Joystick?

4 replies to this topic

#1 kery

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

hey guys,

Is there anyway to disable MWO's newfangled 'joystick' support? I patched and ran the game with a gamepad plugged in and now I'm unable to torso twist or do any horizontal mouse movement, even with the gamepad unplugged!

Also, I am pretty shocked they added joystick support but still don't have joystick or mouse sensitivity.

#2 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

You still need to edit .cfg files to adjust those parameters, as has been the case all along. They also didn't just add joystick support, but rather analog turning as well as numerous other control options and the ability to exit matches/training grounds to access control menu and still be able to drop back into the same round. If you need to adjust something, just say exactly what and likely someone will quickly come up with the lines you need to add to your .cfg file folder and give you directions on how to do that if you don't know yet.

#3 Anony Mouse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSabaku no Hana, Misery, Draconis Combine

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

I'm also looking for a way to force MWO to ignore a joystick. I'm using a PS3 Move Navigation as a left hand controller for movement and some hotkeys. It works brilliantly with MotionJoy and XPadder, in everything but this. MWO seems to override MotionJoy/XPadder and forces the throttle to behave poorly. Currently I have the thumbstick set in XPadder as WASD, however MWO treats any movement from the thumbpad as WWWWWWWWWWWWWW etc etc you get what I mean.

If I could simply make MWO not see the gamepad at all, XPadder could treat the gamepad as keyboard input, that would be ideal. Failing that is there some other user.cfg lines I could use to resolve this?

#4 ShadowGazer

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

I am also looking into a solution to this problem between MWO and Xpadder. I am attempting to use a pair of joysticks, and have them mapped exactly the way I want them to be in Xpadder. But MWO completely ignores it. Is there a workaround?

#5 Anony Mouse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSabaku no Hana, Misery, Draconis Combine

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

Bumpity bump, we require assistance. Haaaaylp!
Seriously anyone figure out a xpadder+MWO solution?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users