2 replies to this topic

#1 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

So had some money to burn yesterday and picked up my Jagermech JR6-A. While at first it was disheartening after some tweaks it was downright fun. First off if you have purchased one and feel as if you are made of cheese cloth take a look at your armor tab. The stock armor on the JR6-A is a joke and needs to be upgraded.

After adding DHS, Endo, and maxing armor on all but the legs it started to actually feel like a heavy mech rather than a medium that snuck into the lineup while someones back was turned.

Tried a few things but the following two setups bring me pure joy:

(I realize im not posting heat, ammo, etc but use your imagination)

4 x ssrm // 2 x ac 5 // 2 x ml XL 300 Engine

4 x ssrm // 2 x uac 5 // 2 x ml XL 300 Engine

The later sacrificing a little heat dissipation for the DAKKA DAKKA experience.

Maybe its just because of the patch but havent really had an issue with ECM and not being able to use the ssrm. Even if they do show up you have the non lock firepower to deal with them quickly. (u could always swap out a ml for tag as well)

I realized just how much I liked this build last night when I was able to push to theta on RCN and overpower two atlas waiting there. Killed the first and as the tide turned the team rushed in and helped with the other. Wasnt sure if I would like this mech or not..... but its turning out to be an instant favorite of mine, and a welcome counterpart to the feel of my other mechs.

Cant wait to buy more now.....

#2 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

I like the JR6-A as well, even if i did another Buildup

2LRM15+Atremis, 2 Srm4+Atremis, XL300 Eingine. :)

#3 multiplesanta34

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

I like it, just hope it's head gets fixed. I'm running 2UAC5 2ML 4LRM5 with a XL295, and having fun using it as a pseudo support mech.

Edited by multiplesanta34, 20 March 2013 - 08:54 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users