Ever Tried Lance Tactics?

12 replies to this topic

Poll: Lance Tactics Poll (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever tried Lance tactics?

1. Yes (23 votes [58.97%])

Percentage of vote: 58.97%

2. No (15 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

3. Abstain (1 votes [2.56%])

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

Would you ever consider trying it?

1. Yes (28 votes [71.79%])

Percentage of vote: 71.79%

2. No (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

3. Abstain (8 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Just curious.

At start the game puts us into 1 of 2 lances.
Have you ever checked to see who is in your Lance?

Ever tried to Take Command then wonder why some team members do not respond?
From what I know, TC is supposed to be Lance only, not the whole team so it would take 2 Commanders to run the whole team.

Also interested if this has been done on the bigger maps in Assault.
On previous maps usually the 8 players tend to try to stay together except maybe for lights. The big maps though suggest new tactics.

#2 Kooler

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

I once told a flock of ravens to fly and unleash chaos instead of staying with the main group. Does that count? We won 8-1 by the way

Edited by Kooler, 20 March 2013 - 10:29 AM.

#3 Chazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

Take Command is not intended to be lance only. The developers have stated previously that they would like to add in designation for individual lance commanders.

#4 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Communication needs to be improved before I would try it. When I'm on comms I get to work with everyone else on comms. When I'm not I try my best to communicate with the team using the somewhat awkward text chat.

Right now there's no way to specifically communicate with your lance, so currently being in one lance or another is a distinction without a difference.

#5 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

We have some groups on our TS that do this, using two channels and whisper lists and all that. Probably better results for some groups than others.

#6 Merky Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 871 posts
  • LocationRidin down the street in my 6-4

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

You can't even tell who's in your lance? Unless I'm missing something. Would be nice if lancemates were represented by green arrows and the rest of the team was blue.

#7 CMGrendel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Have tried this.

Civilians don't have the discipline to manage a straight line abreast formation, let alone actual tactical movement, pepper-potting, etc.

Cool theory though.

#8 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostChazer, on 20 March 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

Take Command is not intended to be lance only. The developers have stated previously that they would like to add in designation for individual lance commanders.

Well, right now from this description and what I have seen when it gets used in a few matches it appears to be. A recent one on Alpine, someone tried it, issued 2 commands then wondered on chat why half the team was ignoring him, that tells me half the team cannot see his orders.

So for it to work currently, you need 1 person per lance to Take Command. Given the random make up of Lances, that could get ugly.

#9 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

It would be good to have in 12v12.

Think Savage II style.

#10 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Organized teams do this all the time in 8 mans. You often have a separate "light lance leader" to call Light mech maneuvers and targets and ECM flips, while the company commander is in a heavy or assault.

If you split the team in two, for whatever reason, you may want someone to call shots for each lance, so it does happen from time to time.

#11 ZealotTheFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

lance tactics or any for that matter would be great if our teams or lance was supported by other actual teammates then pugs. teams 0f 5-6-7-8 would bring back the community that went away and tactics could comeback to some degree. At this stage we are playing Call of Duty Mechwarrior And don't bring up eight man because my 43 member clan is at 6 so 2 are left out everynight to be pugged to death as our 4 man lance from inexperience to complete no nothing warriors. We came here to fight and have fun not teach all new players that seem to join everyday as the experienced players job ship till later when something might change.

#12 Und3rSc0re

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Lance tactics is inconsistent, one game you can do great, others the other lance runs into a 4v8 and it leaves us to 4v8 as well. It will be much better with 12v12 since you can have 8 roaming and 4 doing whatever needs to be done.

#13 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:14 PM

In a pug group, there is no point taking command. i dont think i have even seen somebody try once with the actual command option for many many months.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users