Big Idea About: Game Balance, Is Vs Clan Balance, And Long Time Effekt For Mwo

103 replies to this topic

Poll: Big idea about: Game balance, IS vs Clan balance, and long time effekt for MWO (90 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you support the Idea?

1. Yes. (61 votes [67.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.78%

2. No. (21 votes [23.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

3. Abstain. (8 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 FrostBear

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationGermany/ coming from Hungary

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

View Postdustd212, on 31 March 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

I like the proposed idea...Cause IS Mechs shouldn´t be as flexible as Omnis.

The problem is, that most wont change it, i loved the longer fights here in mwo in beta, and after early open beta, but now it became a fast kill die mech shooter, sadly. Every round, you see most mechs are boats, so as players who like mixed weapons, its far harder to compete now on the field. And lot of them to, go to the boating side, cause, easier to stand the ground.

FrostBear

#62 dustd212

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCapital City - Germany

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

I agree with you that most Players won´t change their style of equiping certain weapons (or boating), but your idea will prevent this and makes a significant difference between IS Mechs and Omnis.

If the Devs add Gamemodes and Maps that encourage mixed Loadouts all will be just fine...

I don´t like that i normaly don´t see differentiated Loadouts or all Mech Types and Variants.
(Hope this wont end like it did in MW 4 where nearly everybody played with the MadCat MkII)

So Devs give this Idea a Chance !!!

#63 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

We need some more no votes on this.

#64 dustd212

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

Could you explain why you don´t like the idea?I´d like do understand why this proposed hardpoint system is bad.

Edited by dustd212, 02 April 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#65 Tigridor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany/Hungary

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostBelorion, on 02 April 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

We need some more no votes on this.

You fear this system, after this u must click more than 1 button 2 play, so difficult!!

#66 VonLuck

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAbout...

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

This makes perfect sense...

The other solution might be armour... As in the limitation of armour... ie... Raven takes one hit from Guass... It blows up! Atlas takes 10 odd hits from Guass it keeps rolling...

Either lessening armours or raising damages on weapons could sort this out... Thus something with a Guass or Large Laser will scare the poops out of a light mech, forcing a tactical withdraw and violent weaving... As of right now the Lights are dominating, should never be this way they are recce (reconnaissance), and when I was in recce (in real life), firing a round meant you failed your job...

You wouldn't take a Scimitar/LAV 25 or a Warrior/Bradley to a T-80 and Challenger 2/M1 Abrams fight... You'd sit in the wood line and wait for those monsters to to finish each other off, have a brew, or something...

#67 FrostBear

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostVonLuck, on 02 April 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

The other solution might be armour... As in the limitation of armour... ie... Raven takes one hit from Guass... It blows up! Atlas takes 10 odd hits from Guass it keeps rolling...

Either lessening armours or raising damages on weapons could sort this out... Thus something with a Guass or Large Laser will scare the poops out of a light mech, forcing a tactical withdraw and violent weaving... As of right now the Lights are dominating, should never be this way they are recce (reconnaissance), and when I was in recce (in real life), firing a round meant you failed your job...

You wouldn't take a Scimitar/LAV 25 or a Warrior/Bradley to a T-80 and Challenger 2/M1 Abrams fight... You'd sit in the wood line and wait for those monsters to to finish each other off, have a brew, or something...

Yes agree, the hp system is a idea for balance, and it would do the balance, for sure, a single light mech shouldnt be a big problem f heavy and assault mechs, a pack of lights, is a serious problem. But a raven 3l would be recon, a 4x or 2x version a light attacker, atm the 3l does all jobs, cause of the hp system.
The most ppl dont look forward of this post, doesnt even bring up a idea to opose it, the good pro boater players, know why they do it, challange of skilled hard solaris type fights, with this the solaris games would be open, so no hp restrictions, pimpmymech mechs. But on the battlefield, mechs are designed like a abrahams m1 or t-80,, only bigger and for all kinds of situations, its a game yes, but atm its only hand full off chassis, differrent names. Noone have ever seen a m1 abrahms pimped and heavyly modified and then send to a battlefield, it would belong to a arenafight or prototype study.

FrostBear

Edited by FrostBear, 03 April 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#68 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostVonLuck, on 02 April 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Hm that is a interesting idea...i started to think when there wasn't even the MW5 vid...something to weaken the concept of ablative armor....creating more all or nothing armor protection...one of those ideas was that durallex heavy could take more stress as durallex light armor.The other idea was to give different weapons a differnt damage profile...medium laser on a commando deals less damage as a medium laser on a Atlas...

the best you can take in MWO is to link the weapons of a mech directly with some perks and quirks...so for example the Raven2X with 100points of armor is thougher as the Raven 3L. But the Raven 3L is more agile and faster.
The large laser of the 2X deals 110% damage...but removing it for 2 medium laser and the damage buff will not appear.

But this discussion was condemed to fail...but take a look if you mind:
http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

Edited by Karl Streiger, 02 April 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#69 Tigridor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

ok after the last patch or update, i don`t know wat was it.
I think the suggestion was not be read by IGP or PGI, after weeks of 1clickboating, many many people have good ideas in the forum,
but nothing happend to balancing in any way. so people don´t wast your time to reed our tread, and don´t vote anymore.

I don´t poste or read anymore in the forum from MWO it will be unread.

here is a little last think to read!!!!
From Chris Roberts

Publishers are useful in the old physical distribution world, but the Internet is the great equalizer. Notch didn’t need a publisher to reach 20-million Minecraft fans. Riot games didn’t need a publisher to reach 30-million League of Legends players, and Wargaming.net didn’t need a publisher to reach 20-million World of Tanks gamers. If we were building a big “AAA” console game it would be crazy to try without a publisher. But we want to build a PC game and publishers increase costs because of their need to recoup their sizable overhead cost. We want to make sure all the money raised goes directly to the development of the game. So we’re throwing ourselves on the mercy of the PC gamers out there that share our vision and passion for the platform and the space combat genre to raise money outside of the “cartel” of traditional publishers. The game will cost less, be more creatively pure, and, most importantly, be built for the real “core” audience – not some corporate suit worried about including all the casual gamers.

so than Forum BYE BYE!!

#70 FrostBear

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostTigridor, on 03 April 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

ok after the last patch or update, i don`t know wat was it.
I think the suggestion was not be read by IGP or PGI, after weeks of 1clickboating, many many people have good ideas in the forum,
but nothing happend to balancing in any way. so people don´t wast your time to reed our tread, and don´t vote anymore.

I don´t poste or read anymore in the forum from MWO it will be unread.

here is a little last think to read!!!!
From Chris Roberts

Publishers are useful in the old physical distribution world, but the Internet is the great equalizer. Notch didn’t need a publisher to reach 20-million Minecraft fans. Riot games didn’t need a publisher to reach 30-million League of Legends players, and Wargaming.net didn’t need a publisher to reach 20-million World of Tanks gamers. If we were building a big “AAA” console game it would be crazy to try without a publisher. But we want to build a PC game and publishers increase costs because of their need to recoup their sizable overhead cost. We want to make sure all the money raised goes directly to the development of the game. So we’re throwing ourselves on the mercy of the PC gamers out there that share our vision and passion for the platform and the space combat genre to raise money outside of the “cartel” of traditional publishers. The game will cost less, be more creatively pure, and, most importantly, be built for the real “core” audience – not some corporate suit worried about including all the casual gamers.

so than Forum BYE BYE!!

Yes, i totally agree on Chris Roberts sight, and damn, PGI said, far far behind, this game will be for the fans of BT/MW, i say, without a publisher, and with Kickstarter, they would have made enough, if not even far more money for developing MWO as they intended, there are far far more BT fans in the world as they think. Look how many money they even made with us founder, so the publisher sucked it up, for his other projects.

Even if PGI want to make it like they intended, they dont have the chance, cause the pressure from above, and thats why more fragmentet patches come and sale stuff. Sad, but true.

Finally games like Elite Dangerous and Star Citizens, are coming, as they were planned, even Heavy Gear Assault is coming as they were visioned. Mybe one day, someone makes another BT game, if over Crowdfounding, i will help, but never again, buying a Founderpack from a game with Publisher.

If the thread gets closed, cause the truth is sayed, and everyone can see, what happens with MWO, then close it.

#71 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Three Months ago i would have said...wait a little bit...give them time...its beta...everything will be ok soon.

as said three months ago.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 04 April 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#72 FrostBear

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 04 April 2013 - 02:44 AM, said:

Three Months ago i would have said...wait a little bit...give them time...its beta...everything will be ok soon.

as said three months ago.

Bro, i also defended over month and month every missluck, or bug, or decission, cause belived they are on the route. Wrong...they arent anymore, it will become a massgame, as other publisher do, so some day even that train is out of steam. I will play MWO further as my time allows, but, dont waste any money on it, did, but not from now, till i see, its going again in some kind of way, as they planned way way back.

Or someone else has the guts to make another Mechgame, even if its not BT Universe, i will support it over Crowdfounding, cause, then you get the game you supportet and was promissed, and it will be done with the Community together.

Times changed, internet made it possible, that all of us can help to make a game, publishers, suck our money up, like a sponge. Devs with a vision, use the money to make their vision true, PGI tryed, and got stuck in the net of the moneymachine of IGP.

Take care and mybe see you on the Field sometimes.

#73 IrrelevantFish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostFrostBear, on 02 April 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

atm the 3l does all jobs, cause of the hp system.

No, the reason the 3L is the only Raven people pilot is because it has ECM and a higher engine cap. Under your system, I doubt anyone would run any of the Ravens.

Additionally, your modified hardpoint system is terrible. A large part of the fun of BattleTech games is designing your own mechs, and the more you restrict players' choices, the less creative and entertaining that aspect of the game becomes. One of the stated goals of your system is to restrict players to stock-like loadouts, and it does so by offering players only the illusion of choice. Try finding optimal builds under your system, and you will see that a very few loadouts from a very few variants will be clearly, unquestionably superior to all others, just as the 3xML+2xSSRM Raven is clearly superior to all other Ravens.

So I have to wonder: why are you so upset by the fact that stock mechs are steaming piles of suck? They were horrible in TT, too, and bad enough that even as a ten-year-old in the middle of his first game, I realized if I ever wanted to win I'd need to design my own.

So in other words, your efforts to make stock mechs viable is blasphemy against the Gospel of TT. Stop trying to pervert the ways of all righteousness, you foul heathen, and abandon stock mechs to the fiery hells from whence they came! :D

Edited by IrrelevantFish, 04 April 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#74 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

When ever I read...that a big part of FUN in BattleTech game is modification... I have to wonder.
At one hand ... yes it is great fun to find a optimum Mech.... its even greater fun when this modification is not a transgression of the intended roll or the original loadout of that mech.

But it is more fun to take what you have and make the best you can.

Idea is simple...when i can choose the Mechs, when I can choose the terrain...the end of this battle even in that obscure TT with its lucky dice is clear...

#75 dustd212

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

You were restricted in designing your Mechs in the Tabletop, by BV, Credits and Tech Restrictions.
Builds that are the most common here, just weren´t possible and this should be corrected.
This could be done by in game economics, BV, the proposed Hard Point system or other measures, like a weight cap for Teams with a higher amount of high end tech...

But like it is now it is not really acceptable. Having a assault with 4 or more PPC running at a speed that was never intented...(for example).

This problem will grow when the clans arrive.

@ Frostbear: Agree that the communication from the developer is suboptimal, at its best, but leaving will not be the solution because if MWO is f***ed up by the developer and publisher everyone will only see that you can´t make money with this franchise and it will take at least 10 more years till someone tries again.
And that is the problem, it looks like the will kill the franchise finally, if they don´t change some major things.

#76 VonLuck

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationAbout...

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Chris Roberts...

I hope he can live up to his word... I really do...

I have always lived by "Acta Non Verba"... or "Actions Not Words"... It would seem so many have talk the biggest game, but so... so... few are willing to back it up with actions...

Chris made over 6 million on the kickstarter? I truly hope that he can deliver...

Unfortunately for us... Looks like the study groups got their ******** little hands on MWO and some large mindhead from the video game tuby babys association of boxed thinking from EA have gotten a hold of it because as of right now it seems like nothing more then a flashy version of COD with our beloved Mechs...

These are just the opinions of a war veteran at his whits end... I should probably stop drinking...

#77 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

I know you mean well but this would cause too many P2W issues with weapon exclusive chassis.

#78 Tigridor

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Push!!

#79 Quardak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

a good idea!

#80 Quardak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,301 posts
  • LocationRaumsystem Kitzingen

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:33 AM

What do you think of the actual PPC-Wave?

Now every game is full of PPC-Carrier in various way (last Match: Raven 2x with 1x ER-PPC and 1x PPC !!!)

->Sniper ftw ?

33 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 33 guests, 0 anonymous users