It Is 10Am Pst And There Is No Sign Of A Patch.

280 replies to this topic

#41 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Sorry guys.. I had to edit my post. There is 1 level of pretesting before the patch will be allowed out. We will be patching our stage server within the next hour. After testing to make sure the new numbers don't make Catapult heads explode on the "Incoming Missiles" warning. We can then do a patch on the live servers.

Paul, just remove splash damage from all missiles (LRMs/SRMs &SSRMs) and the problem is solved. You guys can work on returning splash damage somewhere down the line when you work out the coding to "split" the damage of one missile to create your splash damage instead of the current, "adding additional damage as splash damage" that is making a missile that is only suppose to do 2.5 damage total dealing out 5.5 total.

#42 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Just had a classic incident on the new desert map showing how things are a little but broken at the moment. Lot's of LRMs around so was behind cover in a Jagermech. Got jumped by a couple of mechs including a Catapult. I shot instinctively at the Catapult and it died from a head shot. So that's the first issue and one that's been around for god knows how long, a heavy one shotting another heavy because of a broken head hit box (when is the Catapult's h e a d hit box going to be fixed?). The second mech was behind me so turned to shoot it and that's when the LRMs arrived, and now it was my turn to die from a head shot from a single volley (was LRM20/LRM15 volley according to damage read out).

It's good that the LRM thing is being addressed, although we don't know how yet, and that the broken splash is being removed next patch (or is that the fix being done to LRMs right now I wonder?). However the Catapults head hit box has been a problem for so long now, and now there is a further issue with this Jagermech head hit box.

I think these things need addressing not putting off. Everyone I talk to seems to agree the Catapults head hit box is broken, that needs decisive action being taken from PGI too. Fix the bugs before adding new bugs.

Edited by warner2, 21 March 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#43 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

View PostFirelizard, on 21 March 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Is this not standard procedure for all I.T. related endeavors?

It was, at least in SCSI+RAID-enviroment goats checked in, but never checked out.

#44 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 21 March 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

what u havent been using lazors or anything else?? try em see how easy..

I have, and I haven't noticed anything worth noting. I'd say its between head shotting a catapult and a awesome.

But, again, we haven't been able to play long enough in a stable environment to really get some good concrete data.

Edited by MrPenguin, 21 March 2013 - 09:56 AM.

#45 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 21 March 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Not good enough. We want you coming to every singles persons house and explain...IN DETAIL, on why you guys allowed this to happen and made me have to not have so much fun for two days. TWO DAYS. And something about ECM. Because that always needs to be thrown into any discussion for whatever reason.

You're just one of those gold vision fanbois, aren't you. Otherwise you would have pointed out that they need to buff the MG, too.

#46 Zylox

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

This thread should be stickied.

#47 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostFirelizard, on 21 March 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Is this not standard procedure for all I.T. related endeavors?

I prefer tossing chicken bones in the blood of a pig and performing a dance in the parking lot before deployment to production.

#48 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 21 March 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

It was, at least in SCSI+RAID-enviroment goats checked in, but never checked out.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are fundamental technical reasons why you have to sacrifice a young goat to your SCSI chain every now and then."

Yes, I am a former sysadmin. Yes, I still have nightmares about improperly terminated SCSI chains.

#49 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostBilbo, on 21 March 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

How can you make a judgement on the head hitbox size of one mech when everything is being completely obliterated by missiles.

View PostJuicebox12, on 21 March 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Because racecar!

View PostMrPenguin, on 21 March 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

The problem is, we don't know if its because of the LRM's or the hitbox. Since the LRM's right now are headshotting most mechs.

Actually, anyone that's been paying attention does know that it's not just the missiles, since they're getting head-shot right and left by things that are not missiles. It's really that simple. Things that are not missiles are getting a number of head-shot kills on Jagers that has not been seen since the release day of Cataphracts. I've literally died to more head kills in the last 24 hours than in the months I've been playing combined. Some were missiles, but at least half were not.

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

After testing to make sure the new numbers don't make Catapult heads explode on the "Incoming Missiles" warning.

You say that like it would be a bad thing.... :(

#50 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

you know what things are really gonna look like when they finish right...

Posted Image

#51 Bloodred

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostMrPenguin, on 21 March 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

The problem is, we don't know if its because of the LRM's or the hitbox. Since the LRM's right now are headshotting most mechs.

It's pretty simple, it's not JUST missiles since I've been accidentally heashotting Jagers with ballistics constantly and my own Jagers died to more headshots since the chassis got released than my Catapults that I've been playing for months.

#52 KuruptU4Fun

• 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

UPDATE 2: We worked late into the night last night testing out some new values. The test build is currently being pushed to the test servers and we plan to bring down servers at 16:00 PDT (23:00 UTC) for a hot fix. Estimated downtime - 30mins

#53 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Well, being a euro player I can go off and do something else till tomorrow at least rather than hanging around with my fingers crossed.

#54 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostBloodred, on 21 March 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

It's pretty simple, it's not JUST missiles since I've been accidentally heashotting Jagers with ballistics constantly and my own Jagers died to more headshots since the chassis got released than my Catapults that I've been playing for months.

1. Doesn't matter since are data is pretty much corrupt thanks to broken LRM's.
2. My experience has been completely different.
3. I'm not saying the hit boxes isn't too big. I'm just saying that are data is pretty much moot thanks to a contaminated environment.
4. PGI might have done there own testing in a more controlled environment and probably have enough data to see if a quick decision on it is necessary right now. If its not in this hotfix, it means they want us to do more testing on it to be certain.

Either way you look at it, we're not in a position yet to make a proper conclusion.

How ever, if its not in this hotfix and there is a problem. You can feel free to point it out and Il agree with you.

Edited by MrPenguin, 21 March 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#55 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 21 March 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Actually, anyone that's been paying attention does know that it's not just the missiles, since they're getting head-shot right and left by things that are not missiles. It's really that simple. Things that are not missiles are getting a number of head-shot kills on Jagers that has not been seen since the release day of Cataphracts. I've literally died to more head kills in the last 24 hours than in the months I've been playing combined. Some were missiles, but at least half were not.

You say that like it would be a bad thing.... ;)

I didn't say the hitbox was fine. I said you can't judge it in relation to the others in the current environment. When things have more or less normalized it will be much easier to gather the data required to make an objective judgement.

#56 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well so much for playing yesterday...or today.

#57 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

Playing with the Jagermech, I've actually started thanking people when I die from anything other than a head shot (more so exclaiming it). It's a rare event still, missiles or not.

#58 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

11:42 AM - QA is testing the MISSILE hotfix right now and are following the testing parameters I've had to layout for them because of the way the hotfix is going to work. (You're going to see a more official post from me just prior to the hotfix).

On another note... I have heard you loud and clear. The JagerMech will have it's head hitbox increased in size and will now be shaped like a shark with a laser on it's head. ;)

... actually the JagerMech head hitbox is being looked at now that we have the hotfix in place

#59 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

11:42 AM - QA is testing the MISSILE hotfix right now and are following the testing parameters I've had to layout for them because of the way the hotfix is going to work. (You're going to see a more official post from me just prior to the hotfix).

On another note... I have heard you loud and clear. The JagerMech will have it's head hitbox increased in size and will now be shaped like a shark with a laser on it's head. ;)

... actually the JagerMech head hitbox is being looked at now that we have the hotfix in place

30 min updates isn't really real time! I want some Jack Bauer clock ticking in this thread with some crazy drama and a chick saying random tech jargon and hitting random keys on a keyboard.

THERE ISNT ENOUGH TIME, KILL ALL THE MISSILES

I also want to see Paul vampire bite some poor programmer that's not Thomas.

Edited by hammerreborn, 21 March 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#60 TheCas

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 90 posts
  • LocationPlanet Sierra

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

omg lazer shark ftw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users